The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Tell me how Fall Out has more bugs than Ninjahood's apartment, though.

^^
I knew it!
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm going for the UC3 Plat today! Not stopping until I get it.

To anyone who has achieved the Plat, what's the toughest parts on Crushing?

PO

^^
I knew it!
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm going for the UC3 Plat today! Not stopping until I get it.

To anyone who has achieved the Plat, what's the toughest parts on Crushing?

PO

^
I think I will too, after I complete some accounting stuff. 

I'm on Chapter 10 on Crushing and nothing too bad. I think Reke or Proshares (?) mentioned Chapter 13 and 19 as being pretty rough, but do-able. 

^
I think I will too, after I complete some accounting stuff. 

I'm on Chapter 10 on Crushing and nothing too bad. I think Reke or Proshares (?) mentioned Chapter 13 and 19 as being pretty rough, but do-able. 

I need everyone to keep their avy's the same or I get lost. So bad with names. 
laugh.gif

It was Mister916

Here is what he posted in regards to UC3 on Crushing:

Spoiler [+]
 Personally, Chapter 20 was where I died the most. The beginning was tough where you were fighting off 3 guys on bikes while heading into the canyon. Barely made it but was saved after triggering the cut scene. The shootout towards end of the level wasn't as difficult as anticipated. Taking cover and picking off as many men first made things easier. Head left first use the rpg the take out the first jeep. Head forward slightly to grab the grenade launcher to take out the second jeep. Chapter 21 wasn't that bad. In first encounter I would kill the enemy the first time (usually with melee) and immediately as they would transform into the demons I would use Mag 5, Tau Sniper, Grenade Launcher or rpg to finish them off. Chapter 19 wasn't so bad. As long as you had good positioning and stayed in cover you will be alright. In Chapter 14 after the firefight in the ballroom make sure you have the Grenade launcher into Chapter 15. It'll make the opening shootout much easier since there's a brute and shield. Chapter 13 wasn't as bad as I thought either. Sneaking across the level towards the turret in the corner made things easier. I took out the enemy near the other turret and the rest was a piece of cake. Generally as long as you maintain cover or be patient then crushing isn't so bad. I think I finished in less than 10 hours.

My PS3 has stopped reading games and blu rays. It still reads DVD's and CD's though. Anyone else experience this problem before? All the lights appear to be normal.

I just started UC1. I like it so far. I will be finishing with the 3 games by the end of Winter break i hope.

Originally Posted by KOD843

My PS3 has stopped reading games and blu rays. It still reads DVD's and CD's though. Anyone else experience this problem before? All the lights appear to be normal.

sounds like ur blue ray lens is givin out.....do u smoke around your ps3?  ive heard that there are two different laser lenses in these beasts.  one laser for blu the other for dvd's. i spoke with a sony rep one time and they said the blu lens are extra sensitive so stuff like smoke and dust affect it more easily....

your options are two IMO

1) pay to get it fixed

or

2) what i would do

sell the one u got to a friend for cheap (tell them the blu ray lens is on the fritz obviously)

then put that $ towards one of the bonkers ps3 deal goin down this black friday

g'luck (even tho u a laker fan
sick.gif
)

oh and next system do what i do (if u smoke) and cop a 10 ft plus length HDMI and leave ur p3 in another room so u can puff puff pass and play w/o worryin about your system catchin a contact
laugh.gif

Starting on CH. 12-22. Then going to do 1-12 since its easier.

My suggestion for 15 is going in with a fully-loaded Pistole & Shotgun. CH. 20 is a beast.

PO

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

Originally Posted by KOD843

sounds like ur blue ray lens is givin out.....do u smoke around your ps3?  ive heard that there are two different laser lenses in these beasts.  one laser for blu the other for dvd's. i spoke with a sony rep one time and they said the blu lens are extra sensitive so stuff like smoke and dust affect it more easily....

your options are two IMO

1) pay to get it fixed

or

2) what i would do

sell the one u got to a friend for cheap (tell them the blu ray lens is on the fritz obviously)

then put that $ towards one of the bonkers ps3 deal goin down this black friday

g'luck (even tho u a laker fan
sick.gif
)

oh and next system do what i do (if u smoke) and cop a 10 ft plus length HDMI and leave ur p3 in another room so u can puff puff pass and play w/o worryin about your system catchin a contact
laugh.gif

Appreciate the help man. No I don't smoke at all and I keep it away from dust for the most part. Ugh, this is the wrong time of year for me to have to pay to get it fixed. Funny thing is I'm just about to buy my son one for Xmas so I can't get me a new one right now...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

what no one is playing skyrim??? Game is crazy, cant even think about uncharted 3
I'll wait until they patch the major issue with saves over 6MB on the PS3.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

what no one is playing skyrim??? Game is crazy, cant even think about uncharted 3
Its not that bad, I only experience it when i enter Whiterun. You honestly are missing out on the Game of the Year.

i would say fallout 3 would be my favorite game of all time i spent countless hours on two systems plahing that game lol

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Its not that bad, I only experience it when i enter Whiterun. You honestly are missing out on the Game of the Year.
Oh I'll be playing it for sure. Just leaving it for Christmas break when I am back home with zero internet and nothing to do during week days. 
laugh.gif
 I hate playing RPG's an hour or two at a time. I always lose my place like a book. 
Hopefully it get patched, but if it isnt as bad as I thought, then sweet.

Back
Top Bottom