The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via G4TV.com

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to include new Decoy grenade and balance tweaks
cs.jpg

Officially, Valve hasn't given us much more than a name for Counter-Strike Global Offensive, but unofficially, they've invited a bevy of pro-gamers to the HQ to play it already. G4 got a hold of one of those pros, and Craig "Torbull" Levin from eSports Entertainment Association, has shared some details on the game he saw.

It sure sounds a lot like Counter-Strike -- of course there will be new models and animations, but the maps are all the old familiar kind: Dust, Dust2, Inferno, Nuke, and Train. There are some new maps to play on, and new weapons, including a new heavy machine gun, a new range of shotguns specifically for close-up combat, and a Molotov cocktail grenade, expensive and designed for strategically cutting off a certain area on the map.

There's another new grenade called a Decoy that sounds cool: It'll send out a burst of gunfire from wherever it's thrown, confusing the enemy team into thinking there's action there. That's still being tweaked (the gunfire might be from specific weapons or just the generic enemy firearms), along with weapons strength and various experiments like giving everyone kevlar at round start, or making the CT defuse kit a special item like the Terrorist bomb.

Sounds interesting -- and still very under development. We'll see the game later on this month at PAX, and let you know more then.

Could the OG beat the COD/BF killer?

Via G4TV.com

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to include new Decoy grenade and balance tweaks
cs.jpg

Officially, Valve hasn't given us much more than a name for Counter-Strike Global Offensive, but unofficially, they've invited a bevy of pro-gamers to the HQ to play it already. G4 got a hold of one of those pros, and Craig "Torbull" Levin from eSports Entertainment Association, has shared some details on the game he saw.

It sure sounds a lot like Counter-Strike -- of course there will be new models and animations, but the maps are all the old familiar kind: Dust, Dust2, Inferno, Nuke, and Train. There are some new maps to play on, and new weapons, including a new heavy machine gun, a new range of shotguns specifically for close-up combat, and a Molotov cocktail grenade, expensive and designed for strategically cutting off a certain area on the map.

There's another new grenade called a Decoy that sounds cool: It'll send out a burst of gunfire from wherever it's thrown, confusing the enemy team into thinking there's action there. That's still being tweaked (the gunfire might be from specific weapons or just the generic enemy firearms), along with weapons strength and various experiments like giving everyone kevlar at round start, or making the CT defuse kit a special item like the Terrorist bomb.

Sounds interesting -- and still very under development. We'll see the game later on this month at PAX, and let you know more then.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via G4TV.com

cs.jpg

it might be, if there PS3 x Steam cross play again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via G4TV.com

cs.jpg

it might be, if there PS3 x Steam cross play again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by PO2345

I got the UC2 & GOW1-3 Trophies, if anyone gets stuck...

Toine, that last boss on UC2 on Crushing is a nightmare....*$#% is hard as hell!
30t6p3b.gif

PO
Crushing glitch FTW.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sole vintage wrote:
i have Catherine, but im trying to plat demon souls
mad.gif
DAMN pure bladestone
Black world tendancy in the shrine of storms is not the business. 1 hit deaths everywhere
laugh.gif
mad.gif

man i did crushing the normal way
30t6p3b.gif

screw the shrine of storms i killed that dual wielding skeleton 300 times and still nothing
sick.gif
i have luck up to 66

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by PO2345

I got the UC2 & GOW1-3 Trophies, if anyone gets stuck...

Toine, that last boss on UC2 on Crushing is a nightmare....*$#% is hard as hell!
30t6p3b.gif

PO
Crushing glitch FTW.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sole vintage wrote:
i have Catherine, but im trying to plat demon souls
mad.gif
DAMN pure bladestone
Black world tendancy in the shrine of storms is not the business. 1 hit deaths everywhere
laugh.gif
mad.gif

man i did crushing the normal way
30t6p3b.gif

screw the shrine of storms i killed that dual wielding skeleton 300 times and still nothing
sick.gif
i have luck up to 66

Socom was pretty good. Reminded me alot of MGS4. 
Resistance 3 Beta is broken.

Tried MAG, that lasted about 10 minutes. What an awful game.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Really, i thought Socom was trash. I just went to gamestop and got them to open Socom for the resistance code and then returned it.

Now Alice is a surprise to me because its actual a pretty good.

Really, i thought Socom was trash. I just went to gamestop and got them to open Socom for the resistance code and then returned it.

Now Alice is a surprise to me because its actual a pretty good.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Proshares

It's sad that I've had LA Noire since it came out but haven't even popped it in yet
30t6p3b.gif
At least you're not as bad as me, still haven't played RE5 or MGS4.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

RE5 was pretty easy to platinum. Tap did all of the work though.
laugh.gif
Happy to help, although I'd hardly say I did all of the work! I just know my way around that game.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Proshares

It's sad that I've had LA Noire since it came out but haven't even popped it in yet
30t6p3b.gif
At least you're not as bad as me, still haven't played RE5 or MGS4.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

RE5 was pretty easy to platinum. Tap did all of the work though.
laugh.gif
Happy to help, although I'd hardly say I did all of the work! I just know my way around that game.
pimp.gif

I have been waiting for some new Kratos! Can't wait!

I have already pre-ordered UC3 from Amazon. What is the cheapest/best place that is offering a pre-order for GOW right now?

After that is BF3 or MW3 for my FPS experience, but I undecided on which to get...

PO

I have been waiting for some new Kratos! Can't wait!

I have already pre-ordered UC3 from Amazon. What is the cheapest/best place that is offering a pre-order for GOW right now?

After that is BF3 or MW3 for my FPS experience, but I undecided on which to get...

PO

get mw3.. trust me big thangs popping on NT when that game drops.

it's hard to make a tounry style for bf3.. so unless you like playing with yoself.. get mw3.

they said they bringing back the gun on gun like on cod4 too..
i'm playing mw2 and realize the perks/killstreaks r way overpowered in the game...
and u cant play a game without getting noobed.

get mw3.. trust me big thangs popping on NT when that game drops.

it's hard to make a tounry style for bf3.. so unless you like playing with yoself.. get mw3.

they said they bringing back the gun on gun like on cod4 too..
i'm playing mw2 and realize the perks/killstreaks r way overpowered in the game...
and u cant play a game without getting noobed.

November 2011
Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection_PS3_RP_ver0boxart_160w.jpg

• Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (based on Subsistence version)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Subsistence(which includes: Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2) 
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
pimp.gif
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 2011
Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection_PS3_RP_ver0boxart_160w.jpg

• Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (based on Subsistence version)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Subsistence(which includes: Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2) 
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
pimp.gif
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom