The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

252442-368723.jpg

I've done it. Lemme know if you need any tips.
Did you do it on the ps3? If so, did you use the discs or the digital version?

Ive tried to do it 3 times and was only successful once. Never tried with my PSN copy though.... hmm...

I was reading up on people attempting perfect saves a few weeks ago... supposed to be one of the hardest things to do in the series.

Ive tried to do it 3 times and was only successful once. Never tried with my PSN copy though.... hmm...

I was reading up on people attempting perfect saves a few weeks ago... supposed to be one of the hardest things to do in the series.
I only ever tried it once, about 7 years ago. and missed it by 4 seconds. 4 Mother ^&%$(*@ seconds. And there was no way i could have made it there any faster. I didn't play it again till last year because of that... >: :lol:
I'm not even gonna attempt a perfect save for that game. That's too insane for me. :lol:

I dont think an excalibur 2 run is really possible with a digital copy because you cant skip cutscenes for all i know.

There is rumored to be a back-door way into getting it.... by leaving your Playstation on and maxing the clock out so it resets. That takes 256 revolutions of 100 hours.... so 2 years. :lol:

I just read that you CAN do it on the downloadable titles, but like you said, not skipping FMV's makes it alot harder.

I did it using a PS1 back in 2001 I skipped the cutscenes by opening the lid. I think it's possible without skipping cutscenes. I spent an hour of clock time just leveling.

Here's my levels

There is rumored to be a back-door way into getting it.... by leaving your Playstation on and maxing the clock out so it resets. That takes 256 revolutions of 100 hours.... so 2 years. :lol:

I just read that you CAN do it on the downloadable titles, but like you said, not skipping FMV's makes it alot harder.
2 years huh...
Damn, I should have started yesterday. :lol:

from what I read, the cutscenes add about 2 hours to the time, so I essentially have to do it in about 10 hours. Jeez. :lol:

I did it using a PS1 back in 2001 I skipped the cutscenes by opening the lid. I think it's possible without skipping cutscenes. I spent an hour of clock time just leveling.
The only time I actually attempted it was on my old ps1 for exactly the reason you posted. My mistake was that I thought that I could kill hades and still make it. :lol:

What I want to know is that if I use my discs on the ps3, is it possible to skip the cutscenes without the ps3 goin back to the XMB when i eject the disc?

Last edited:

2 years huh...
Damn, I should have started yesterday. :lol:

from what I read, the cutscenes add about 2 hours to the time, so I essentially have to do it in about 10 hours. Jeez. :lol:

The only time I actually attempted it was on my old ps1 for exactly the reason you posted. My mistake was that I thought that I could kill hades and still make it. :lol:

What I want to know is that if I use my discs on the ps3, is it possible to skip the cutscenes without the ps3 goin back to the XMB?
It's possible to take the disc out without going back to the XMB.

I'm gonna get on in an hour or so.. what's your GT? :nerd:

also if you play Vega, then I'm good. >D
thanks man. I love Combofiend! I used to watch Mike Ross & Gootecks adventures religiously.

Hopefully Ono can add an update to SSFIVAE v.2012 :\

Same here.
Cross Counter Live isn't the same without Combo and Mike Ross though. I've only seen the first episode in the curent series.

As for AE, it is getting a 2013 update.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/22/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-update-in-the-works/

Capcom is still ignoring Marvel 3 though. I don't know how much more of the Morrigan Soulfist I can take.

I wonder when tekken vs street fighter will release or if its still in development

There was an update from Harada but I'll find it. It's still far off from being released soon though

I'm gonna get on in an hour or so.. what's your GT?
nerd.gif

also if you play Vega, then I'm good.
grin.gif

thanks man. I love Combofiend! I used to watch Mike Ross & Gootecks adventures religiously.

Hopefully Ono can add an update to SSFIVAE v.2012
ohwell.gif
My GT / PSN is SketchyMidnight. I play regular characters as I hate chargers. I also have SSF4 as well.

I finally beat God of War last night, started playing 2 earlier today.

Is Metal Gear Solid good? What is it about? :nerd:

:rofl: :rofl: @ the PS update arguing that went on earlier

Is Metal Gear Solid good? What is it about?
"During a training mission on Shadow Moses Island in February 2005, at a nuclear weapons facility on a remote island off the coast of Alaska, FOXHOUND and the Next-Generation Special Forces rebelled against the United States Government, under the command of SPOILER. Their target was the advanced weapon system Metal Gear REX, a gigantic robotic weapons platform able to independently launch a nuclear warhead at any target on the face of the planet. Their demand was the body of the greatest soldier who ever lived, Big Boss, which, through gene therapy, they could use to create an army of ultimate soldiers.

With the safety of the entire world at stake, at the request of the Secretary of Defense, Colonel Roy Campbell, the former commander of FOXHOUND, summoned Solid Snake out of retirement for one last solo covert operation to stop SPOILER."

Last edited:
There's a nice Flash Sale going on this weekend for the new Tomb Raider. For $30, you get:

The Tomb Raider Digital Edition bundle includes: -

- The full Tomb Raider game.
- 3-pack bundle of the weapons Agent 47 uses in Hitman: Absolution[emoji]8482[/emoji].
- Shanty Town multiplayer map, which is a ramshackle area that features steep climbs, multiple ziplines for quick escapes, and deadly traps to set for your enemies.
- TombRaider Outfit Pack (A 3-pack bundle of outfits for Lara — the Hunter, Aviatrix and Guerilla outfits.)
- Quantum Conundrum Full Game

I still haven't messed with the game at all, and I've been wanting to. i just don't know about going digital though...

Just an FYI, the Playstation blog will be streaming a screening of BEYOND: Two Souls from the Tribeca Film festival tomorrow @ 6:45 pm EST.

During the screening, the official trailer for the game will be revealed as well as 35 minutes of gameplay.

More details HERE

Last edited:
There's a nice Flash Sale going on this weekend for the new Tomb Raider. For $30, you get:

The Tomb Raider Digital Edition bundle includes: -

- The full Tomb Raider game.
- 3-pack bundle of the weapons Agent 47 uses in Hitman: Absolution[emoji]8482[/emoji].
- Shanty Town multiplayer map, which is a ramshackle area that features steep climbs, multiple ziplines for quick escapes, and deadly traps to set for your enemies.
- TombRaider Outfit Pack (A 3-pack bundle of outfits for Lara — the Hunter, Aviatrix and Guerilla outfits.)
- Quantum Conundrum Full Game

I still haven't messed with the game at all, and I've been wanting to. i just don't know about going digital though...
Good looks posting this NCTwin.

Been meaning to pick but up Tomb Raider later this year when the price dropped a bit, but this is a steal right here.

Don't eem care that it's the digital version, gotta make use of that 500GB somehow.
laugh.gif

Repped.

Same here.
Cross Counter Live isn't the same without Combo and Mike Ross though. I've only seen the first episode in the curent series.

As for AE, it is getting a 2013 update.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/22/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-update-in-the-works/

Capcom is still ignoring Marvel 3 though. I don't know how much more of the Morrigan Soulfist I can take.

I wonder when tekken vs street fighter will release or if its still in development

There was an update from Harada but I'll find it. It's still far off from being released soon though
Yeah, I kinda stopped watching cross counter when they had that studio thing going on :\. Thanks for the info!

any SSFIV fans remember this match? :lol: the ultimate turtle match!

My GT / PSN is SketchyMidnight. I play regular characters as I hate chargers. I also have SSF4 as well.
bruhh, you reached maximum friends :lol: didn't even know that could happen

Back
Top Bottom