The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

So I'm having some issues with my wifi and ps3.

When I turn on the PS3 and it's on the home screen before I play a game or go to Netflix, the wifi doesn't work at all, but it'll go back to working after I start up the game (sometimes the wifi continues not to work though). Another issue I have is when I play FIFA 13, I rarely connect to the EA Servers and I can never play online or I'll connect to the EA Servers only to be kicked off later. The last issue I have is whenever there's a game update, I skip downloading it because it never downloads for me. It will get to like 27% and then stop until I get an error message, and this cycle repeats itself every time I go back and try to download the update.

I looked into setting up a static IP just for my PS3 but either I'm doing it wrong or my router just won't allow it. My router is a linksys router and it's very old (I'm guessing close to 10 years). I have 2 laptops, 2 Wii's, the PS3, 3 cellphones, and 2 iPod's (even though the wifi seems to have stopped working on these altogether) connected to the router. I was planning on buying a new router but wanted to see if NT could help at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try unplugging/resetting your router. turn your ps3 back on, then run through "connection settings" again, it usually works for me. My PS3 isn't able to connect online without resetting it, it usually gives me this connection error message, works once I reset it tho. It'll also mysteriously lag when I play online from time to time when no one else is streaming/using any bandwidth. I have tons of things connected to my router... Are there any routers that can establish a static IP out the box without having to configure it? I have like 238023803 different things connected to my router, **** ain't even old, got it at the end of 2009.

Last edited:
The Trial of Archimedes is just utterly ridiculous.>: I just want to throw the game out the window.

Edit:
Just saw they plan on putting a patch to reduce the difficulty. I must beat it before the patch.

Last edited:
^^
Is it Harder than those waves on Part 2 before you Fight Zeus on Titan Mode?

I love GOW because of parts like that...It makes it worthwhile & I hope they do not patch it...

PO

The Trial of Archimedes is just utterly ridiculous.
mad.gif
I just want to throw the game out the window.

Edit:
Just saw they plan on putting a patch to reduce the difficulty. I must beat it before the patch.
I would max out the Hades blades  

Sony Reaching Out to ‘Top 1%’ for ‘PlayStation MVPs’ Program
A PlayStation crowd-sourcing initiative, perhaps?
by Colin Moriarty MARCH 14, 2013

An IGN reader has provided IGN with an e-mail from PlayStation outlining a new program: PlayStation MVPs.

The PlayStation MVPs e-mail was sent to this reader because, as the letter explains, he’s “an avid PlayStation gamer with an impressive trophy collection and a library of games” that “represent the top 1% of the PlayStation community.” You can see the full e-mail below.

The e-mail links out to a website that prompts you for your birthday before bringing you to the PlayStation MVPs Application. You can see what the application asks you in the screen caps below.

As the initial e-mail states, “PlayStation MVPs are the most highly-engaged members of the PlayStation community. They are experts on everything related to PlayStation and are some of the most influential and important members of the PlayStation Nation. They are the types of players that spend their spare time helping other gamers get their stats up. They help run online events on the PlayStation Network. They create game walk-throughs, blog about their favorite games, and support their fellow gamers on places like the official PlayStation forums.”

Once filled out, the form will be sent to PlayStation, with a promise that Sony will review everything and make a decision about your MVP status in 4-6 weeks.

Did you get an e-mail for PlayStation MVPs?

Last edited:
"Joakim" said that he will reveal a new Phantom Pain trailer @ GDC later this month.
He showed off some concept art & screenshots of the game with a Fox Engine watermark on them.

loving god of war & tomb raider. quality purchases.

also, heads up on that target sale next week. BUY 2 GET 1 FREE! starts sunday the 17th

^^
Is it Harder than those waves on Part 2 before you Fight Zeus on Titan Mode?

I love GOW because of parts like that...It makes it worthwhile & I hope they do not patch it...

PO
I don't think so, played on hard mode and it was very frustrating to say the least. I can only imagine on Titan mode.
Finally got through it today before the patch, and beat the game so I can hang my hat on that.:lol:

I would max out the Hades blades  

That's where I messed up I only had it to level 4. Would've made things a little easier that's for sure. Ended up using Fire of Ares.

Plus like an idiot I didn't have Amulet of Uroborus maxed out and had to go back a chapter to level it up.:smh:

stickmandude,

How long did it take you to beat the game on Hard? Like Total Hours? I might try to do it all in one day tomorrow! :lol:

PO

stickmandude,

How long did it take you to beat the game on Hard? Like Total Hours? I might try to do it all in one day tomorrow! :lol:

PO
Took me like a little over 14 hours. I died a lot and tried to find all the artifacts and chests. I'm sure you can finish the game any where from 9-11 hours.

That Trial of Archimides was the biggest issue. Took me like 3 hours to get through it. After finally devising my strategy I was mad at myself it took me that long. I don't think they should patch it. What throws most people off is the game difficulty. The whole game is manageable then you hit the Trial of Archimides it's like a shock how hard it is compared to any point before that level.

Last edited:
Anyone else find Tomb Raider boring? Not a terrible game or anything, but it's pretty much Uncharted (I know Uncharted took cues from the OG Tomb Raider series) without an interesting storyline IMO

Last edited:
Anyone else find Tomb Raider boring? Not a terrible game or anything, but it's pretty much Uncharted (I know Uncharted took cues from the OG Tomb Raider series) without an interesting storyline IMO
um no......................... lol it is actually one of the better tomb raiders. i agree with the uncharted reference, and storyline. but im not big on interactive movies type of games aka like rpg's. I like to pretty much get into the game play. but i enjoy it mostly because it is rare you get a decent action adventure game these days. its either rpgs or first person shooters. I mean i like them and all, but how many halo/cod's/crysis type of games do we really need? Plus its a nice reboot. I wish they would do this more often and reface some of the classic games.

It is rather short tho, been playing for a few days about an 1hr at a time and about 85% complete including all the achievements and the dlc bonuses etc.

Has anyone here got the plat for Vanquish.

I just started playing it and decided to look on PS3trophies to see what I could do on my first playthrough but looking at the last challenge I don't think I'll bother :lol:

I beat God Of War: Ascension last night. The Trial of Archimides was the toughest part of the game. Took me a while before I got through it. I'm curious what Santa Monica will do with the series in the "next gen" era.

You would think they would make a whole new series for GOW.
I mean dude pretty much destroyed earth single-handlely :lol:

I almost got a Plat in Vanquish ( need to complete two more challenges and find all the hidden status) Its not really challenging.

Anyone still play Playstation all star? i need help getting one more trophy PSN- Supremesole

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom