The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Regarding Ni No Kuni, ESF right when i post about it not challenging, that squid guy in fairy mothers belly killed esther and swaine quick, almost got me.  I hate that the other two characters are so ******ed when it comes to higher level baddies.  Who's your favorite, overall, familiar? I have 3 DLCs and they dominate right now

You can go into Tactics and adjust how they act. Its an in-battle option for Oliver. It isnt great, but it at least prevents them from wasting all their magic in one battle. :smh:

Overall favorite familiar would probably be Batterhorn. It is easy to get 1st form early (Little Big Horn @ Old Smokey). Its a tank, but has decent attack and accuracy.

Esthers first familiar, GoGo the bird thing is close 2nd. That thing once in 3rd form can cast area attacks and dominate most battles.

The one I use the most would be Olivers first familiar, Mite. He becomes almost useless later on, but for 70% of the game he is good enough for most enemies.

Captain Whamtastic is the coolest looking one. :lol:

Seen/read the reviews for god of war ascension. Looks like it's a really good game but falls short to 1, 2 & 3.

Multiplayer sounds dope.

Who's buying tomorrow?

Ascension is available on Redbox right now. I'm about to rent it.

Last edited:
Code:
Yo real talk I'm actually contemplating doing this instead of buying it now. I RARELY have replayed any of the other gow's so maybe this will save me a FEW bucks
Edit: none near me have it up

Last edited:

Games like Ascension, Max Payne 3, and Uncharted 3 I just redbox them since the game is like 8-12 hours long. Usually choose a weekend just play all day and beat it in 1- 2 days and return it.

If only they had Tomb Raider in my area.:smh:

If you're a fan of the older games, yeah it is. I didn't like the older games because of the shooting. I liked climbing and jumping and running all over the levels. That was what made Tomb Raider great.

Now Lara is freaking Rambo out there. Come on.

LMAO seems like you should be playin Mirrors Edge instead of Tomb Raider lol.

He's right tho. Tomb Raider was always an adventure/Puzzle type game with shooting in it. Now its an Action game with little puzzles sprinkled on top.

Now I'm not saying its a bad game just saying that if you LOVED the old games this is a huge departure from them

Ascension is available everywhere for me at Red Box. I hope I can grab it on Friday. Don't think I'm going out this Friday night. Looks like a God of War all nighter.

He's right tho. Tomb Raider was always an adventure/Puzzle type game with shooting in it. Now its an Action game with little puzzles sprinkled on top.

Now I'm not saying its a bad game just saying that if you LOVED the old games this is a huge departure from them

Really? That disappoints me to hear that.

I loved the originals. The whole puzzle solving was excellent and once in awhile you had to kill a tiger or something. I felt like Indiana Jones.

Looks like I won't play that for awhile when I can get it cheap as hell.

Had a snow day last week and work was cancelled.

I was bored and decided to give God of War a chance. GOW 1-3 came free with my PS3.

Man did I sleep on that game!

God of War 1 was so epic.

Currently on God of War 2.

Had a snow day last week and work was cancelled.

I was bored and decided to give God of War a chance. GOW 1-3 came free with my PS3.

Man did I sleep on that game!

God of War 1 was so epic.

Currently on God of War 2.

Man, when you make it to 3... :wow:

I think 1 is still my favorite. 3 was so epic graphics wise, just seemed too short. I was waiting for something more...

I guess 1 is still my fav cause it took me so long to beat it. I originally played it on my roommates PS2. There was something wrong with his game, or his system and it kept freezing right as I was getting the upper hand on Ares. I was so pissed. It happened every single time. I'd kill all the clones, start messing Ares up then Boom Frozen.

I didn't actually beat the game until 1 and 2 came out together on the ps3 since mine wasn't backwards compatible.

I think 1 is still my favorite. 3 was so epic graphics wise, just seemed too short. I was waiting for something more...

I guess 1 is still my fav cause it took me so long to beat it. I originally played it on my roommates PS2. There was something wrong with his game, or his system and it kept freezing right as I was getting the upper hand on Ares. I was so pissed. It happened every single time. I'd kill all the clones, start messing Ares up then Boom Frozen.

I didn't actually beat the game until 1 and 2 came out together on the ps3 since mine wasn't backwards compatible.

I agree. I was only speaking on the graphics. I really liked 1 myself, and I also didn't see what the fuss was about until the collection came out. :lol:

:lol: :nthat:

Awesome. If you like that, check out Team Teamwork. They did a few good mash-ups, most notably Vinyl Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Rhyme

Back
Top Bottom