The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Its pretty niche... its all about grinding. You could easily put 100 hours into it. That said, its among the best in the genre, IMO.

You have FF Tactics and Advance Wars which are more approachable by those new to SRPG's.

Tactics Ogre and Vandal Hearts throw a couple elements in with choice elements resulting in different paths.

Disgaea is more like what you would play once you have a firm grasp of basic strategy and a couple more mainstream games under your belt. To be honest, I have only ever completely finished Disgaea 2 simply because they get pretty monotonous and I usually love the grind in RPG's. :lol:

Disgaea 3 would be good to start with. Its on PS3 and it has some decent tutorials that will get you into building character towers, using the school class system to pass judements, and using colored squares to your advantage; all stuff unique to the series.

Jason played them alot (hence his PSN name) and I think AlexV2 gave D3 a shot. They'd probably have some input too.

End of the day, I wouldnt even start one if you dont plan to at least put 40 hours in. You really have to dedicate some time for it to be rewarding.
Ahh Disgaea 3...I love that game. the main song for the hub was my favorite track in the game. i used to sit there and listen to it over and over. I still do sometimes. after dropping close to 300 hours in that game, the song will tend to stick. :lol: :pimp:

D3 is very noob friendly (this game was my first dive into the disgaea universe, but not the genre in general). i also recommend it, but like it was said, you got to be ready to dedicate a lot of hours into the game if you truly want to feel rewarded. honestly, i want to go back and get the plat for that game but Dark Souls has taken up my time again since i finally got around to buying the DLC for it (praisin ain't easy sunbros :lol:). My god I forgot how hard, frustrating, and downright rage inducing that game was, but I love every minute of it. :lol:

Last edited:
So there was a PSAS tourney at my school yesterday, and they banned kratos and raiden. I was like what kind of noob nonsense is that. That's like saying let's have a marvel 2 tourney, but mss is banned.

Needless I was one and done. Lol. I'm salty.

That God of War commercial sucks. It's so far removed from the actual content of the game it's a joke.:lol: That terrible song. :x

I was gonna say the same thing about Ni No Kuni, but its farrrrrr too easy.  Maybe I'm just not that far into it yet, just got to the ship, but so far, it really hasn't been challenging.  Every person who wants a task is highlighted, every person who needs/give piece of heart is highlighted, every monster hunt is highlighted on the map.  Please tell me it gets more challenging later on.  Still enjoying the story though

Its doesnt get that much more challenging in regards to it telling you where to go, who to talk to ect. It does start to challenge you with matching up familiar types and elemental attacks, choosing the right path of evolution, ect. You will need to grind when you get to Hamellin and basically every town to reach afterward. There is a major fight you get into right after getting the boat that was the first I'd lost. You're right about where the difficulty spikes, IMO.

The post-game content is supposed to be more difficult as well.

Picked up the Steelbook version of Tomb Raider at Target.It's exclusive to Target.

Resellers on ebay have been reselling it for over $100.

Picked up the Steelbook version of Tomb Raider at Target.It's exclusive to Target.

Not true, they have it at GameStop. Once again Tomb Raider is dope, kinda like Uncharted with Lara Croft. You'll enjoy this if you did the older games. The Wolves smokkkkin!

Not true, they have it at GameStop. Once again Tomb Raider is dope, kinda like Uncharted with Lara Croft. You'll enjoy this if you did the older games. The Wolves smokkkkin!

tumblr_m67hmuRoOs1qk659fo1_400.gif

WAY too much shootbang going on in that game to make this statement.

So there was a PSAS tourney at my school yesterday, and they banned kratos and raiden. I was like what kind of noob nonsense is that. That's like saying let's have a marvel 2 tourney, but mss is banned.

Needless I was one and done. Lol. I'm salty.
lol that's dumb but those characters can be frustrating but they aren't unbeatable. Sack boy before the patch was a character that I would have banned at all costs

I use Cole and he is so much fun to use. I need to jump back to all stars to try Kat from Gravity Rush but there's too many games to play.

New Killzone Video

Last edited:
Damn does seem like many people are excited about gow: ascension
I can't wait I've played all just not sure on how good the story will be considering its a prequel
Not really excited for mp though I didn't like the beta that much

That clip of Conan "playing" Tomb Raider.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Laura's death scene in said clip.
sick.gif

Damn does seem like many people are excited about gow: ascension
I can't wait I've played all just not sure on how good the story will be considering its a prequel
Not really excited for mp though I didn't like the beta that much

I'm picking this up most definitely! I'm a huge GOW fan..

I still haven't beat AC3, BO2 or MP3 though...:smh:

PO

For anyone who picked up GOW: Ascension, what exactly are the instructions for getting the Last of Us demo?

Just curious.

For anyone who picked up GOW: Ascension, what exactly are the instructions for getting the Last of Us demo?

Just curious.
[h1]God of War: Ascension enables The Last of Us demo May 31[/h1]
by David Hinkle on Mar 8th 2013 6:45PM

Synergy! The demo for Naughty Dog's upcoming fungi-fueled survival game, The Last of Us, will be accessible on May 31, 2013, through copies of God of War: Ascension. The demo will be accessible through the front menu of God of War: Ascension, as Sony has previously revealed.

We've contacted Naughty Dog for further clarification as to whether this demo will ever be available to those without God of War: Ascension. The Last of Us was originally due on May 7, until it was pushed back to June 14 worldwide.

tumblr_m67hmuRoOs1qk659fo1_400.gif

And that's a bad thing? It only made the gameplay better, more fast paced. Melee attacks with the climbing axe, rope arrows, fire bows! It's WAY better than the previous games.

Regarding Ni No Kuni, ESF right when i post about it not challenging, that squid guy in fairy mothers belly killed esther and swaine quick, almost got me.  I hate that the other two characters are so ******ed when it comes to higher level baddies.  Who's your favorite, overall, familiar? I have 3 DLCs and they dominate right now

And that's a bad thing? It only made the gameplay better, more fast paced. Melee attacks with the climbing axe, rope arrows, fire bows! It's WAY better than the previous games.

If you're a fan of the older games, yeah it is. I didn't like the older games because of the shooting. I liked climbing and jumping and running all over the levels. That was what made Tomb Raider great.

Now Lara is freaking Rambo out there. Come on.

If you're a fan of the older games, yeah it is. I didn't like the older games because of the shooting. I liked climbing and jumping and running all over the levels. That was what made Tomb Raider great.

Now Lara is freaking Rambo out there. Come on.

LMAO seems like you should be playin Mirrors Edge instead of Tomb Raider lol.

Back
Top Bottom