The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I beat God Of War: Ascension last night. The Trial of Archimides was the toughest part of the game. Took me a while before I got through it. I'm curious what Santa Monica will do with the series in the "next gen" era.

The way 3 ended, his brother will be the next protagonist next gen.

I rented GOW Ascension and man what a disappointment the game was.

Easily the weakest one they put out.

I made it up to Chapter 5 and was just so bored with it.

Maybe in a couple months when it drops to the $29 range I might get it.But then again GTA V, Beyond 2 Souls and PS4 will be out by then.

I rented GOW Ascension and man what a disappointment the game was.

Easily the weakest one they put out.

I made it up to Chapter 5 and was just so bored with it.

Maybe in a couple months when it drops to the $29 range I might get it.But then again GTA V, Beyond 2 Souls and PS4 will be out by then.
i havent and really only played it once...is it that bad... cause ive heard similiar? I heard it wasnt awful, just not a really good game.

I almost got a Plat in Vanquish ( need to complete two more challenges and find all the hidden status) Its not really challenging.

Anyone still play Playstation all star? i need help getting one more trophy PSN- Supremesole

It's the last challeng that people have problems with. 15 minutes of pure concentration. I'll have a go after completing the story but I have no faith in myself :lol:

My biggest problem with Tomb Raider: WHY DOES IT TAKE SO MANY SHOTS TO KILL SOMEONE? I probably waste an entire magazine of bullets on one person.

Today I somehow ended up in a thread where people are thinking that The Phantom Pain is a tech demo for the Fox Engine, and that Joakim Mogren (in that interview) is CGI.

:lol:

Today I somehow ended up in a thread where people are thinking that The Phantom Pain is a tech demo for the Fox Engine, and that Joakim Mogren (in that interview) is CGI.

I've read the same thing!!

I didn't think it would go so far. Kojima is sitting back and enjoying the show. :lol:

I'm a big GOW fan & the gameplay mechanics have improved, but the story doesn't connect so fluidly.

Nonetheless, it's still fun to play & if your'e a fan of the series, you should enjoy it. Play it on Hard though, if you play it lower, it's too dumbed down.

Also, anyone have suggestions on what to upgrade for Hard mode in regards to weapons?

PO

I'm a big GOW fan & the gameplay mechanics have improved, but the story doesn't connect so fluidly.

Nonetheless, it's still fun to play & if your'e a fan of the series, you should enjoy it. Play it on Hard though, if you play it lower, it's too dumbed down.

Also, anyone have suggestions on what to upgrade for Hard mode in regards to weapons?

PO
I'd say Blade of Chaos>Souls of Hades>Lighting of Zeus or Fire of Ares (Whatever you prefer)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ice of Poseidon.

Last edited:
My biggest problem with Tomb Raider: WHY DOES IT TAKE SO MANY SHOTS TO KILL SOMEONE? I probably waste an entire magazine of bullets on one person.
a single head shot kills everyone from my experiences playing the game...and im about 85% through the game....so i mean iuno what to tell ya

Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive on PS4

Square-Enix has had problems in the current gen, I suspect that the company couldn’t adapt Final Fantasy and other IPs to the HD era. Moreover, the first version of FF14 was a downfall, this game forced to stop the development of other games to focus in the rebuild of FF14. Really it’s like a new game.

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasn’t cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4.

Square-Enix renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sony’s studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.

We hinted this PS4 exclusive one month ago, but we couldn’t speak freely about this topic. Now, it’s all that we can say.

I know Hybrid is going to come and shut this down but I want to believe!
Vgleaks were also spot on with PS4 specs apart from the 8GB GDDR5 which was a suprise to even some of Sony's devs.

I just want a FF that will use all the PS4's power since Sony still don't really have a JRPG they can call their own.

a single head shot kills everyone from my experiences playing the game...and im about 85% through the game....so i mean iuno what to tell ya
If only it were that easy... Everyone shooting and throwing grenades at you at once...

Final Fantasy XV will be exclusive on PS4

Square-Enix has had problems in the current gen, I suspect that the company couldn’t adapt Final Fantasy and other IPs to the HD era. Moreover, the first version of FF14 was a downfall, this game forced to stop the development of other games to focus in the rebuild of FF14. Really it’s like a new game.

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasn’t cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4.

Square-Enix renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sony’s studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.

We hinted this PS4 exclusive one month ago, but we couldn’t speak freely about this topic. Now, it’s all that we can say.

I know Hybrid is going to come and shut this down but I want to believe!
Vgleaks were also spot on with PS4 specs apart from the 8GB GDDR5 which was a suprise to even some of Sony's devs.

I just want a FF that will use all the PS4's power since Sony still don't really have a JRPG they can call their own.

Some of this
Most of this is true. It's not 100% accurate but that's all I can say. More info may come to fruition at GDC but E3 will be the selling point.

Sounds good but the suspense is killing me.

Is there anything else we should be expecting from GDC apart from Battlefield 4?

Here NT, some nibbles for you.

9jmxdg.jpg

Last edited:

FFXV should be its own game and Versus should be released on PS3. Just my 2 cents, but if this results in an actual game releasing and not just posturing by SE, then lets do it.

FFXV should be its own game and Versus should be released on PS3. Just my 2 cents, but if this results in an actual game releasing and not just posturing by SE, then lets do it.

The problem with the whole Versus thing is that they were going for the whole Fabula Nova Crystalis suite like they did with the FF7 compilation. That all went sour when stuff didn't get out in a timely manner and things weren't localized for EU/NA. The ideas in the original Versus were tied into the original FF XIII story so putting it out now would do nothing for anyone. Unless, that you really want the FF13 universe permeating into the PS4/720 :lol:

Some of the ideas were rolled into Lightning Returns, some were left in, and others got moved into a new title. Much like the Xenosaga series you might be able to connect the dots in certain places but nothing overt.

Last edited:
Monsoon on Metal Gear Rising has to be one of the most annoying and hardest bosses ever. I barely scraped by the first time, and now 30 minutes later I have to fight another version of him AGAIN? my hands are too tired to react to his bull @#$% attacks :lol:

The PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy X HD will include both Final Fantasy X and X-2 on a single disc, according to a 2ch rumor* picked up by FF-Reunion.

On PS Vita, each title will apparently be sold separately.

Each game will also include its respective International edition content, according to the rumor. A release is planned for 2013.

Back
Top Bottom