The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I just hope the PS4 OS is efficient and capable enough to multitask effortlessly. PS3 is so damn bogged down, multitasking is like pulling teeth :x. Also I do like the the XMB, I revamped version of it would be dope, but I know a lot of people cant stand it.

I just hope the PS4 OS is efficient and capable enough to multitask effortlessly. PS3 is so damn bogged down, multitasking is like pulling teeth
sick.gif
. Also I do like the the XMB, I revamped version of it would be dope, but I know a lot of people cant stand it.
Yeah I like the XMB, updated version sounds good.

I'll probably wait a while to get a PS4.. I don't play that many games anymore, but then again this is like the first time I have enough money to buy a new system if I wanted too :lol: I was in college when PS3 came out working my minimum wage job and **** :lol:

I'll probably wait a while to get a PS4.. I don't play that many games anymore, but then again this is like the first time I have enough money to buy a new system if I wanted too :lol: I was in college when PS3 came out working my minimum wage job and **** :lol:

For those saying you will wait to cop the ps4, let's say they show actual in-game footage that is :wow: and a price tag of lets say $400, would you change your mind?

Or you won't cop because of the technical issues launch day consoles have like Toine said?

I will cop day 1, unless it's a hassle like the ps3 was. I got it launch day but i hated waiting in line for almost 3 hours to pre-order.

Last edited:
I would like to get the ps4 release day. But some people be camping for days Infront of stores for it. If it comes to that I would rather wait a couple weeks

For those saying you will wait to cop the ps4, let's say they show actual in-game footage that is :wow: and a price tag of lets say $400, would you change your mind?

Or you won't cop because of the technical issues launch day consoles have like Toine said?

Don't care how nice the PS4 will because I won't be getting one day 1.

• @ around $400 (assuming the most basic PS4 w/the lowest memory) is still expensive for me. You still have to factor in all the added costs of upgrading the HD if you want the biggest and best (did with my slim to 500GB), extra controllers, any other accessory.
  • I like buying my consoles in bundles (especially the BF ones) because it usually costs the same as the regular version but usually includes a second controller and a game or two and even comes in different colors
  • there won't be a ton of great games to start, just maybe 1-4 good games with each retailing around $60+. Since I usually don't play video games all the time, only occasionally it does not make sense to be shelling out $60+/game when I can wait a couple of years and have a better library games to choose from @ a more competitive price. Look @ the vita, specs were off the charts but there aren't enough quality games that I like that would make me buy one right now, IMO, the 3DS XL is a better buy @ this point with its BC with DS great gaming library.
  • there are more than likely going to be bugs in the 1st design PS4 like the YLOD, especially on those BC PS3's
  • I always prefer the second redesign, usually slimmer and more efficient. I'm still pissed @ buying the original 3DS @ $150 when they came out with the 3DS XL a couple months later.
  • I never go online, strictly single player so I don't need to be playing the latest games to play with my friends or against people online
  • I have a huge backlog of games already that would last me probably till the PS5 comes out

Overall the PS4 will be bought but with the economy the way it is, gone are the days that I shell out $400-500 for a gaming console and $150-200 for a handheld. Better to wait and see @ this point and let the dominoes fall where they may. Who knows, I might buy a 720 instead (not srs). Will be copping a Wii U, Vita, PS4, and maybe 3DS XL in the future but when the prices go down and the console is bundled, especially the Wii U with the extra gaming pad :smokin

My video game collection (as a reference):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=210133

I'm a sucka for the latest and greatest toy ....No camping out for me, but online pre-order tho ....aint got time to stand in line with them kids
laugh.gif

Last edited:
30 hours of story, 60+ hours of Blitzball. :nthat:

Jecht Shot 2 FTW.
Blitzball was my favorite side game in a FF series so far, maybe even more than Tetra Master from FF9. Getting Brother on your team >. :pimp:

I wish they would add online capabilities for blitzball though. It would be amazing to hold some NT Blitzball tourneys. ::nthat:

Via Polygon

Update: A Microsoft spokesperson provided the following statement to Polygon.
We welcome innovation in the category. It's an amazing time for the industry, and an even better time for Xbox 360 owners. At Xbox, we're focused on making the content you love even more amazing including blockbuster games, and new entertainment experiences. We're always thinking about what's next for our platform, but we don't have anything further to share at this time.
Microsoft = anti Sony hypetrain |I

Are we gonna get another Console killzone game? I didn't get 3 but KZ2 was seriously one of my favorite games barring load time.

Spawn grenades next to the enemy encampment. 
pimp.gif

There's no way I am not getting the PS4 day 1. Sony's 1st party devs have already shown their black magic on PS3. Even Killzone Mercenary on the previous page looks like a console game.
Imagine what Naughty dog, Santa Monica and Guerrilla Games are cooking up for the PS4 with the rumoured specs.

I'm a sucka for the latest and greatest toy ....No camping out for me, but online pre-order tho ....aint got time to stand in line with them kids :lol:

I remember when the PS3 came out over here. I think it was the firs 50 guys in line got a free HD tive worth a lot more than the PS3 at the time and a taxi home.

my vita is such a disappointment, it's only good for playing while im taking a dump..

they made it seem like you could pause your game and continue playing from the bathroom or w/e, yes im disappoint. 

You can do that though.

I just hope the PS4 OS is efficient and capable enough to multitask effortlessly. PS3 is so damn bogged down, multitasking is like pulling teeth :x. Also I do like the the XMB, I revamped version of it would be dope, but I know a lot of people cant stand it.

I won't mind a fast XMB at all. I think though the OS will be even more important next gen since MS are rumored to be using 3GB for theirs. I'm guessing they would try and have in game video calls using skype to try and one up Sony again just like they did with cross game chat.

id love a faster XMB but sadly people will ridicule something thats timeless for being old and outdated
mean.gif

anything but this metro style ******** as seen in the store
mean.gif

damn, been sleeping on the Persona series....played Persona 4 Golden on my Vita 6hr straight yesterday ...game is dope!!!

Back
Top Bottom