The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I guess I'll post my Giants parade pics. Just mad chaos.

west-side-story-4.jpg
Nice pics I wasn't far from where you were I was on the other side of that light pole.

^ I really like the whole set but more specifically the second and last shot. Good job.

P.s. How do you guys get your shots so level without a tripod? Is there a certain technique to it or is it just something that gets learned after awhile?

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

^ I really like the whole set but more specifically the second and last shot. Good job.

P.s. How do you guys get your shots so level without a tripod? Is there a certain technique to it or is it just something that gets learned after awhile?
Thank you! I guess it's just something that I've learned over time. I shoot a lot of sports so I kind of had to get used to making sure that my shots were level while there was a lot of action happening at the same time. These were taken while I was just strolling along the street so I had much more time to make sure that everything was lined up correctly. With that said, they still didn't come out 100% straight. Without a tripod, everything will be a few degrees off. I straightened them in PS but they weren't off so much that it would be noticeable at first glance.

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

I straightened them in PS but they weren't off so much that it would be noticeable at first glance.
Can you post pre-edits and post edits? I want to see the difference. Thanks! Big fan of your sports photos too, keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

I straightened them in PS but they weren't off so much that it would be noticeable at first glance.
Can you post pre-edits and post edits? I want to see the difference. Thanks! Big fan of your sports photos too, keep up the good work.
Thank you! And here are the OGs. Okay so looking at them now, they were definitely off at first glance
laugh.gif
. Oh well, no one is perfect. That just puts further emphasis on my earlier point that without a tripod (or some other level surface on which you can place your camera) nothing is level.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

NayokoChan - Thanks for the comparison.

Would you mind telling me how you straightened the photo out on photoshop?
ohwell.gif
No problem. I use the Crop Tool. I have CS4 so I don't have the option of seeing the grid while using the crop tool. But if you have CS5, there should be an option on the top of the toolbar that has a drop down menu that lets you select "Grid", "Rule of Thirds" or "None". Since I have CS4, I don't have "Grid" or "Rule of Thirds". So what I normally do is align either the top line or one of the side lines of the crop area to a line that's already in the photo. For example, in the kitchen photo, I used the top of the display wall to align the crop area. While using the crop tool, you're also able to rotate the image. There are links below to a step-by-step walkthrough. But that's only because I'm not entirely sure if this mini block of text made any sense. I hope this helps!
1. I pointed out the crop tool because sometimes even I have trouble finding it, so I figured it might be a bit helpful.
2. Here, the area that I want to crop has been selected. However, the image clearly needs to be rotated, as is pointed out by the lovely red area.
3. I used the top of the wall to align the image properly and here it has been cropped to my satisfaction.
I always do crop/rotate and image resizing first. Then I go on to color correction and all the other fun parts of editing.

Got a question for you camera buffs.

My sister has recently started a handmade jewelry company.  I'd like to help her out by making her a lightbox and getting her a camera.

I am looking for a camera which basically excels in crisp macro shots but is not a DSLR.  What cameras would you guys recommend?

Originally Posted by PoPcoRN Playa 24

Got a question for you camera buffs.

My sister has recently started a handmade jewelry company.  I'd like to help her out by making her a lightbox and getting her a camera.

I am looking for a camera which basically excels in crisp macro shots but is not a DSLR.  What cameras would you guys recommend?
I don't know of any cameras that do this but I do know that for any sort of macro photography, you would need a macro lens. Which means that you would probably need a DSLR...However, the interwebz provided me with this lovely guide that should be a bit more helpful.

anyone here do fitness modeling photographer or know good one sin the northeast?

Sup Fellas, I really enjoy checking up on this thread. I have been inspired to start hobbying (sp?) in photography. What would you guys recommend as a good beginner's camera?

I'm not looking for anything fancy, I just want something to start slow so I can learn the tricks. I'm just planning on maybe using it weekends when I go out to snap some cool pics. My friend told me this is a good deal, and seems fair to me because it is a bundle pack. Plus my friend works at Walmart so I can get a 10% discount. ( It's better than nothing,I know lol) So for $500 is this a good purchase?

Nikon DSLR

Back
Top Bottom