The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

One from my wife's maternity photos this past weekend. Shot with external flash and umbrella in the shade.

Maria+1.jpg

One from my wife's maternity photos this past weekend. Shot with external flash and umbrella in the shade.

Congrats on having a baby! My wife is expecting in May and I wanted to be the one to do her maternity shoot. I’m still learning the ropes and have been shooting on and off for about a year. I live in the east bay (Walnut Creek) and was wondering if you had any suggestions on good places to do this type of shoot?

Maria+1.jpg

Congrats on having a baby! My wife is expecting in May and I wanted to be the one to do her maternity shoot. I’m still learning the ropes and have been shooting on and off for about a year. I live in the east bay (Walnut Creek) and was wondering if you had any suggestions on good places to do this type of shoot?

congrats to both of you!!

Nice man! Congrats on the baby as well. What's funny is I think realistically my wife and I would have to move out towards Walnut Creek / Pleasant Hill in the long run. Watch our kids go to high school together or something.

The only place I know of in Walnut Creek is the rose garden. I shot my cousin's engagement photos there. Cool little spot but can be challenging at times with the amount of people and what not around. I also heard people shoot in Mt Diablo too. It will just sort of be a park looking photoshoot but I think that sort of thing is in anyways. Overall, it's your subject matter that is more of the focal point. I am sure you can shoot your wife in a grocery store and make it look pretty cool and unique.

Here is a link to my photos at the Rose Garden. There are some photos where I shot my cousin on a hill and that was just in his backyard in Walnut Creek as well: https://www.fongstarr.com/blog/2018/4/30/bd-engagement-photoshoot

Saw this photoshoot in Mt Diablo Park area. Seems like a perfect place to shoot at sundown: http://christymccarter.com/mayra-arron-engagement-photos-mount-diablo-clayton-california/

Nice man! Congrats on the baby as well. What's funny is I think realistically my wife and I would have to move out towards Walnut Creek / Pleasant Hill in the long run. Watch our kids go to high school together or something.

The only place I know of in Walnut Creek is the rose garden. I shot my cousin's engagement photos there. Cool little spot but can be challenging at times with the amount of people and what not around. I also heard people shoot in Mt Diablo too. It will just sort of be a park looking photoshoot but I think that sort of thing is in anyways. Overall, it's your subject matter that is more of the focal point. I am sure you can shoot your wife in a grocery store and make it look pretty cool and unique.

Here is a link to my photos at the Rose Garden. There are some photos where I shot my cousin on a hill and that was just in his backyard in Walnut Creek as well: https://www.fongstarr.com/blog/2018/4/30/bd-engagement-photoshoot

Saw this photoshoot in Mt Diablo Park area. Seems like a perfect place to shoot at sundown: http://christymccarter.com/mayra-arron-engagement-photos-mount-diablo-clayton-california/

Bro I dont know how you made that rose garden look nice because the last time I went there (maybe last year or the year before?) it wasn't looking as nice as in those pics. She does want to take photos in a rose garden somewhere and we were looking at Filoli but that's a bit of a drive.

There's small parks I've checked out in Concord that weren't too bad but I don't think she liked the scenery. I need to figure out something soon, I just need to do a little more research.

Thanks for the input!

IMG_20190304_185801_100.jpg

org_7cbfb4c32be6f2fd_1547333920000.jpg

org_db787b8234fe8157_1547334160000.jpg
org_96c5bc45b14d4a2c_1548797428000.jpg
org_167504d7a76d9be2_1548801644000.jpg
org_a04e906c271861a5_1551481776000.jpg
org_611ef0e36d889933_1548801924000.jpg

Random pics I had on my phone.

Figure it wouldn't hurt to ask but does anyone want to buy this?

Mavic Pro Fly More Combo. I've had it for about 7 months and have flown it less than 15 times. Always working so I don't have time to enjoy it like I would have wanted. I can throw in an ipad mini 4 that I purchased last year to use with it but i've mainly used my phone instead. If you don't know about drones I just want to let you know this hasnt a toy. Willing let to everything go for 1300 obo. I always have the DJI extended warranty good til December in case you crash and need a replacement.

-I still haven't figured out how to use the polar filters smh

Not for nothing my dude, I dont see anyone buying it for 1300 even if the iPad mini is included.

Fly more combos can be had for about 700 bucks and I know you have a few extra components but no way they amount to that price.

Unless is a Mavic Pro 2

keko jones keko jones I agree with you. People tend to low ball ridiculous numbers. I was actually talking to a dji rep at the store today and felt anything less than 1k was robbery. I'm not in a rush to sell tbh.

Took some pics at my son's baseball game and am currently working on a quote for presenting an offer to do his school's athletic teams' photos and man this is HARD lol
Coming up with a price list and product list is not an easy feat

Took some pics at my son's baseball game and am currently working on a quote for presenting an offer to do his school's athletic teams' photos and man this is HARD lol
Coming up with a price list and product list is not an easy feat
Just rip the deal sent when your son took pictures. LoL

At least is a start.

Just rip the deal sent when your son took pictures. LoL

At least is a start.

That's currently the plan. Been looking at price list online and it's certainly be easier to just switch things up from a different one. Looking at some small accessories and stuff to offer in addition to the pictures

^^^^^Nice! I am actually doing one of those helicopter things this weekend and wanted to rent a 24-70mm but chose to just stick with my 15-30mm and just get a ton of wide angle shots. Still, I sort of want a 24-70mm in my stable.

is flickr still the best way to go to post photos in here, or are there alternative methods to upload within the thread?

shooting RAW on my Pixel only for a little bit but stopped because every image looked soft and out of focus

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr did you have a YouTube at one point, or am I mistaken? Anyways, does anyone have someone they watch on YT that you'd recommend. Just trying learn the basics and get some tips in regards to shooting/editing.

Back
Top Bottom