The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Micron, the parent company of Lexar, is announcing that the entire Lexar removable storage retail business is to end. I assume it's either they weren't making a lot of money or the company just wants to focus on other things. A lot of people that acquire companies do this. If the numbers don't make sense, then they'll shelve it and move on.

Thank you for the feedback! Do you mean lighting as in the entirety of the picture or a certain aspect? and is that something that I could fix on those photos by processing?

And I agree with the last one! I got underneath our local bridge and set down the camera on a rock to attempt a long exposure. Took more than a few tries but I think it was worth the effort haha.
I think lighting the car is the only thing really. Side note, but if you want to shoot cars more often, it's always good to practice at a local car meet or something as well.

I'm not an expert on shooting cars at all lol, but from what I've seen & heard is that some/most people use strobe lights to help with this. Obviously like most equipment, it won't be cheap lol. Or another way is just changing locations where you can get more sunlight. 

I'm not COMPLETELY sure if anything in Photoshop or Lightroom can help, but you can always try a mask in Photoshop / RAW.

Hey, a rock will do nicely for a tripod if you're just starting out 
laugh.gif

Those lights at the mountain are distracting ... But still dope picture ...
Yea the lights were killer. There was another guy out there shooting that was raging about them 
laugh.gif

I was trying to catch the stars reflecting off the lake, but between the bright light reflecting and the motion on the water it didn't work out. Might have to go back later one of these nights and see if things are calmer

anyone here use compact point & shoots like fujifilm x100 series? or film cameras?
I used to shoot with the RX1Rii but recently switch to the a7ii. Wanted a bit more versatility with different lenses. Plus it was hard to justify the cost of the RX as my only camera

I used to shoot with the RX1Rii but recently switch to the a7ii. Wanted a bit more versatility with different lenses. Plus it was hard to justify the cost of the RX as my only camera
a nice hipster camera that has full frame ... Yeah it's hard for a lot of people to justify it.

Yea the lights were killer. There was another guy out there shooting that was raging about them 
laugh.gif

I was trying to catch the stars reflecting off the lake, but between the bright light reflecting and the motion on the water it didn't work out. Might have to go back later one of these nights and see if things are calmer

Honestly I'd be happy with or without the lights in the picture lol.

I think that it gives you a little somethin extra in the shot, but definitely would like to see it without the lights. 

Those lights at the mountain are distracting ... But still dope picture ...

Yea the lights were killer. There was another guy out there shooting that was raging about them :lol:

tbh i like this one a lot more.

Had been looking forward to the 6D mk ll announcement for over a year and can't say how disappointed I am.

The fact that you can't shoot 4k video is what gets me the most
mean.gif
.  Looks like I'll be picking up a 5D mk IV instead in the future.

Last edited:

Had been looking forward to the 6D mk ll announcement for over a year and can't say how disappointed I am.

The fact that you can't shoot 4k video is what gets me the most :smh: .  Looks like I'll be picking up a 5D mk IV instead in the future.

Isn't the MK4 ~$1000 more anyway?

Regardless, I don't see why people would get a 6D MK II over a 5D MKIII.

Last edited:

I'm not to happy with this 100-400L VI, maybe I don't know how to use it But so far, buns. The center is soft but when it comes to the edges it just falls apart. Or maybe it was the wind and the length I was shoot ... Will give it another try before I sell it ...

Last edited:
Any one shot with the Flashpoint Xplor 600 or similar monolight?

Thinking about picking one up and starting using it for outdoor portraits

The fact that you can't shoot 4k video is what gets me the most :smh: .  Looks like I'll be picking up a 5D mk IV instead in the future.

I think canon is trying to draw the line in the sand of what photo cameras are and what video cameras are. idk

TBH if i wanted a camera that did amazing video i'd just go sony.

I woulda thought Canon woulda been the video preference but Sony does make a lot of sense as a choice

I woulda thought Canon woulda been the video preference but Sony does make a lot of sense as a choice

Canon makes incredibly high end video cameras.

What im saying is that they seem to be excluding high end video features from the photo cameras... kinda how nikon photo cameras dont have great video options.

The difference being, canon does have high end video options.

Isn't the MK4 ~$1000 more anyway?

Regardless, I don't see why people would get a 6D MK II over a 5D MKIII.

Well, a $1000 is still a $1000. Not everyone has the cash to burn and if they did, they might want to invest in getting a lens. The 6D has it's spot. It's for people that want full frame without all the flare and on a budget. At least the AF point are better. I do like the swivel screen though. Don't get why the MK4 didn't have that.

Back
Top Bottom