The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

my girl and I decided that it was time she start her own fashion blog and she did. Something we lag severely behind is a proper camera that can take high quality photos, and im also not the best photographer but I've always been into photography from a distance and appreciate its atristry.

With her starting her own blog and me having to be her default photographer this was the perfect opportunity to really dive into photography.

Every single day I'm learning about photography and it's terminology and figuring out what different terms mean. I'm still a beginner, obviously, in every aspect of photography but I'm trying to learn and figure out ways to improve so that I get better as a photographer and so that her content on her blog looks A1.

Im thinking of purchasing a Canon T6i, does anyone have experience using this camera? Do you like it? Should I go with a Nikon or Sony instead?

laugh.gif
 at that video 

binge watched a lot of Serge Ramelli tutorials on Youtube today

He does a bunch of cool stuff with lightroom and photoshop 

want to get out and shoot sometime this week and try some of his editing techniques 

Has anyone done levitation photography in here? 

I would normally agree on the fixed focal thing but I swear a zoom to even pair with that is a good thing to have with your collection. There are times when I travel where I feel like I just don't have the right range for what I see. Even a lot of people I ask on IG, I find a lot use zooms for just general travel purposes. Granted these zooms are mostly the 70-200mm, 24-70mm, and 24-100mm, so it's hard to compare those lenses to that of a kit lens. But when I had my Nikon, I had the kit lens, fisheye and the 35mm and I found I almost had every focal length covered with what I shoot.

Anyone follow F-Stopper youtube channel? This was a pretty good stuff. Wish I could download the whole series but I am not trying to pay that cost.

Honest I find that with this hobby, you just sort of need every damn lens if you want to shoot all kind of different stuff. It's literally one of the worst things to get into cause it will just kill your income if you are that into it.
Really enjoyed these videos.

^^^I have been to Iceland as my first trip and I swear, everyone is going now and getting way more interesting photos than I ever did. I really want to download that video series but something about spending $300 is just hard to justify even though I know it is going to a fellow photographer.

https://fstoppers.com/Photographing-the-World-Landscape-Photography-and-Post-Processing

Still though, they did an excellent job on the series. You should watch their behind the scenes stuff even though it's not as informative as the first episode.

Leaning toward upgrading to a 6D, have to let go the aps-c lenses to lessen the blow. If anyone interested in Canon 10-18 STM, 24 STM, 55-250 STM, and the Sigma 17-50 let me know, before I post them on FM. Lens hood included except the 24 STM.

Sup y'all it's been a minute, been on a hiatus these last couple of months, depression is a pain in the ***. Didn't like any of my shots, edits, drone vids, etc. Slowly getting inspired these last couple of weeks so I decided to try some new ways to edit since I couldn't edit 1 or 2 shots without getting annoyed/fatigued and came up with a temporary solution which hopefully helps me get to the next step and fully enjoy editing again. Having found this I decided to edit of my major trips earlier this year the right way, which was my first trip to the PNW (Oregon) with my friend on spring break. I owed her a bunch of shots too which kind of sparked finding myself again lol. One thing I've always wanted to do as well is get some footage for video from my adventures so I really wanted to try that on this trip so forgive my amateur editing it was my first video with hopefully more to follow from other adventures. Any feedback/criticism is welcome, enjoy!

Here's the video from the trip;

haven't been here in awhile...

anyways...
Although I haven't posted in a while I kept up with the thread, always enjoy seeing your shots man good stuff!
Leaning toward upgrading to a 6D, have to let go the aps-c lenses to lessen the blow. If anyone interested in Canon 10-18 STM, 24 STM, 55-250 STM, and the Sigma 17-50 let me know, before I post them on FM. Lens hood included except the 24 STM.
New or used? If it matters I'd wait until the 6D mark ll comes out. I have the 6D myself and I love it.

JordanSF....bruh, what are you talking about. Your stuff is always on point. You must be beating yourself up for no reason. I can't get half of the stuff you get when I am out.

I am heading north for New Years. Need to get away from SF and the hectic city life that happens during this time of the year. I think I always ask you but what kind of lenses do you bring with you when you go on trips? I am looking to get one more lens in my kit and I can't figure out if I want a zoom or an 85mm. I got all the wide and mid range stuff but want something on the long end or even a zoom to get the focal areas I can't get with a prime.

My man dropped the crazy shot dump and it's all great

Love your editing style. Slightly muted colors with the deep blacks and bright whites. Very similar to mine, I like slightly saturated colors that pop tho

Wish I had a friend like that. :lol:

She really sat on the bridge like that? Dawg...id be scared ********.

son better hop on that and make it more than a friend she already letting dude take her in the wilderness and photo shoot her in ligerie :lol:

but nice photos

repped

Last edited:
My bad if this is a stupid question, but what are those beams of light? How do you get that effect?

Long exposure shot with a car driving in motion with it's lights on. So when the camera shutter is open for seconds at a time, the lights get captured as a motion shot which essentially turns into a light beam of some sort.

jordansf jordansf good gawd man. that entire set is beautiful. im admittedly not much of an outdoor person at this point in my life but i really like and appreciate how you captured the nature/scenery and mood of the location for those of us that haven't been there before. to piggyback fong, i think several of us are interested to know what length you're shooting at and what you take with you lol. djyoung08 djyoung08 those glitter portraits look great, well done.

on a side note. my mom's wedding is this weekend. she already has a photographer but i wanted to take some shots for myself and for my own keepsake. does anyone have any small tips or things to keep in mind? i don't have a external flash, only an on camera flash diffuser. im not expecting much as i don't have much, but any pointers would be much appreciated if possible. thanks and great stuff in here as usual.

@JordanSF  WOW! All I have to say, great work brother, keep your head up also, we're all here for you!

Sidenote, upgrading my gear as soon as I sell my Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DSC Art Lens, only lens used my first camera, a D3200 which had <7500 shutter clicks, condition is immaculate.

If anyone is interested holler! Trying to get this D750 asap

Noob question,

How do you create shots with the muted colors and fade like Jordan's?

I'm amazed by his photos lol.

Back
Top Bottom