The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

dumping some stuff from the past week. caught dumbfounded performing and tried taking pics with the fifty inside the venue for the first time. pushed the iso up to 4000 and out of probably ~200 there were about less than 4 that i actually felt i could get away with in terms of focus and traces of camera shake.

29020723862_718793738d_c.jpg
29183196341_34dcafb4dc_c.jpg
28973453780_83ee8fce70_c.jpg
29285005495_dc5dd49fa6_c.jpg
29285003385_f35e42abd8_c.jpg
29177446302_f7f094e1b1_c.jpg

Anyone know where/how I can print something like this out? Have a 24x32 frame that I'm trying to fill out.

JoDeVa89...the coloring on those photos are so good. I need to learn how to tone it down like that. Good stuff.

One from the weekend. Shot at ISO 6000. Still go tons of camera shake. Super hard shooting this stuff without any real light.

rock-out-2.png

Last edited:
Might be a dumb question but does anyone know if there's a way of knowing when the sunsets and will give out crazy colors like it did tonight?

Might be a dumb question but does anyone know if there's a way of knowing when the sunsets and will give out crazy colors like it did tonight?

Haha. Dude, I was just telling my girl how the clouds looked nice on the way back home. Didn't know it'd be one of those nights. I always miss out on those shots.

Anyone record video here? I use a canon t1i which is not optimized for pro video. I have to use magic lantern to set exposure for video. Anyways i get error where it says to removr battery or turn camera on and off. From googling i think its error 70. Anyone know how to fix this? I think this a magic lantern issue because when i shoot photography its fine

Just ordered an A3000 body as a backup for my A6000. Plenty of negatives for the camera but it is definitely a bargain for the price if you can temper your expectations. For $100 used, should be a fun beater camera or a backup body for vacations with a telephoto zoom attached. Pretty excited.

Haha. Dude, I was just telling my girl how the clouds looked nice on the way back home. Didn't know it'd be one of those nights. I always miss out on those shots.

Yea man I was at home chillin then I look outside the window to see the sky painted red. I think to myself dang I wish I knew it was going to be like this I would have drove to the city lol

Andd as I type this the sky is yet again painted red. I should've known :smh:

@Mr Fongstarr
 @yanky
 there's this app called photopills. Have yet to try it but it sounds legit. http://www.photopills.com/
 . Supposed to help with what you guys are talking about.

Just glanced at it and I think it's mainly how to compose the shot/give pointers. I might just have to check weather.com or something lol

Last edited:
Just glanced at it and I think it's mainly how to compose the shot/give pointers. I might just have to check weather.com or something lol
this can't tell you cloud formations, or bad weather. Just a few things that can improve your picture by the placement of the sun moon milky way etc.
Oh okay my bad lol. I remember looking at it a few months ago but forgot about it. I still might try it out.

Well I finally took the plunge in my "home office" (corner of my living room :lol: ) space to have it dedicated to my photography business.

Its been a CRAZY 11 months (My subscription to lightroom renews next month and my catalog is over 28,000... thats an average of over 2,000 photos a month :x ) & I am blessed to have been able to upgrade my office setup this past week.

First of all I got a sit stand desk. Now I can work standing up at home. I work 8 hours a day at my day job where I have to sit. Then I come home and run my photography business, contacting clients, editing photos, writing, etc. Its nice that I can at least do that standing now.

Not to mention my biggest hobby is playing videos games... at least now I can do all this standing now.

Then onto really the star of the show. I got a 34 inch LG 1440p IPS curved monitor. Prior to using an IPS display I was using 2 gaming TN monitors and color correcting was extremely difficult on top of the fact that im colorblind :lol:

I also set up a large 20x30 print above my works space as well as some lighting and what not

I hope to have a better picture with natural light coming in within the next few days. But here it is as of last night.

Before

Hard work & consistency truly does pay off and it seems like the people who talk the most about how busy they are seem to have the last amount of forward momentum. :lol:

I have no college degree, never took 1 photography class... only a passion to tell stories with photography & to learn.

Not a dollar was given to me and all of my gear except my flash and transmitter have been purchased used. Everything copped in cold hard cash with photography gigs.

I use an old 5d mark 2 with over 70,000 shutter clicks. hopefully I can get a 5d mark 3 this year and a mark 4 next year :evil: :evil: :evil:

I may not have as much resources as everyone else, but I what I do have is a drive to succeed and what I try to display is an unparalleled work ethic to see my goals come true.

A few things to keep me going:

- "Keep Shooting, never give up on your dreams, find the right gear that works for you, and remember, you only have 1 chance to get it right" - Jason Lanier

- "Take the jobs that are paying even if you don't want them so you can afford to have the jobs you do want in the future" - Jared Polin

- Just about everything that comes out of Casey Neistat's mouth

- Recently the Steve Aoki documentary on netflix

Huge thank you to the photography thread here on NT. Thank you for all the criticisms, words of advice, and pats on the back. You all are an inspiration to me.

I really dislike Jason Lanier :lol:

But he is right

Good stuff, homie!

I don't agree with him on everything, i dont like all of his teaching methods, and I don't like all of his work but man is he successful at what he does.

Multiple publications every month, destination weddings year round, etc.

djyoung08 djyoung08

Congrats on another step. Being from the same area i am inspired by you lol.seeing you frequently post makes me want to go out and shoot. Keep it up man!

I really dislike Jason Lanier :lol:

I am glad we are all in unison cause I hate that guy as well and it has nothing to do with his beliefs on mirrorless but more so cause he reminds me of most photographers I meet that are older and why I can't stand talking to people like him. I feel he's a very one sided person and I think like art, photography should be about embracing it all whether it be the camera equipment or whatever else makes you shoot.

Are there any other Youtube channels worth checking out? People hate Matt Granger but I don't think he's that bad. Tony and Chelsea have informative stuff but their videos get a little long. DigitalRev used to be cool but they got boring and they try to hard to be funny.

Well I finally took the plunge in my "home office" (corner of my living room :lol: ) space to have it dedicated to my photography business.

Its been a CRAZY 11 months (My subscription to lightroom renews next month and my catalog is over 28,000... thats an average of over 2,000 photos a month :x ) & I am blessed to have been able to upgrade my office setup this past week.

First of all I got a sit stand desk. Now I can work standing up at home. I work 8 hours a day at my day job where I have to sit. Then I come home and run my photography business, contacting clients, editing photos, writing, etc. Its nice that I can at least do that standing now.

Not to mention my biggest hobby is playing videos games... at least now I can do all this standing now.

Then onto really the star of the show. I got a 34 inch LG 1440p IPS curved monitor. Prior to using an IPS display I was using 2 gaming TN monitors and color correcting was extremely difficult on top of the fact that im colorblind :lol:

I also set up a large 20x30 print above my works space as well as some lighting and what not

I hope to have a better picture with natural light coming in within the next few days. But here it is as of last night.

Before

Hard work & consistency truly does pay off and it seems like the people who talk the most about how busy they are seem to have the last amount of forward momentum. :lol:

I have no college degree, never took 1 photography class... only a passion to tell stories with photography & to learn.

Not a dollar was given to me and all of my gear except my flash and transmitter have been purchased used. Everything copped in cold hard cash with photography gigs.

I use an old 5d mark 2 with over 70,000 shutter clicks. hopefully I can get a 5d mark 3 this year and a mark 4 next year :evil: :evil: :evil:

I may not have as much resources as everyone else, but I what I do have is a drive to succeed and what I try to display is an unparalleled work ethic to see my goals come true.

A few things to keep me going:

- "Keep Shooting, never give up on your dreams, find the right gear that works for you, and remember, you only have 1 chance to get it right" - Jason Lanier

- "Take the jobs that are paying even if you don't want them so you can afford to have the jobs you do want in the future" - Jared Polin

- Just about everything that comes out of Casey Neistat's mouth

- Recently the Steve Aoki documentary on netflix

Huge thank you to the photography thread here on NT. Thank you for all the criticisms, words of advice, and pats on the back. You all are an inspiration to me.
True inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom