The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Last edited:
thanks bro :pimp:
yeah mostly hobby. i was thinking about and i might just stick to canon since i already have a couple of lens that i like. but thanks for the suggestion. that sony cam looks really nice.

you can get a lens adapter. there are canon to sony adapters that auto focus. nikonians have no such luck

I like the 50mm but it's too long for what I want out of my a6000. Looking for something more 35mm field of view with the crop in a compact size.

if you are looking for something compact in that range, if you haven't already the sel16f28 16mm f2.8, sel20f28 20mm f2.8, and the sigma 19mm f2.8 & 30mm f2.8, are all pretty decent and can be had for sub $300; the sigmas are said to be sharper across the frame but the sony's are much more compact...

seems like mirrorless is really starting to catch on...

edit: #somanytypos

Last edited:
if you are looking for something compact in that range , if you haven'y a;ready the sel16f28 16mm f2.8, sel20f28 20mm f2.8, and the sigma 19mm f2.8 & 30mm f2.8, are all pretty decent and can be had for sub #300; the sigmas are said to be sharper across the frame but the sony's are much more compact...

seems like mirrorless is really starting to catch on...

I've been looking at the 20mm. Im also open to get a 35 and rock with the 50mm field of view. I'm still trying to get used to working with the a6000. I have found myself going to review pics after shots in the viewfinder and realize it was my d810 haha

you can get a lens adapter. there are canon to sony adapters that auto focus. nikonians have no such luck

yeah i remember reading that a while ago. not sure if i want to pull the trigger. i kind of like the bodies of canon. but i know the sony is just as good decisions decisions :lol:

I've been looking at the 20mm. Im also open to get a 35 and rock with the 50mm field of view. I'm still trying to get used to working with the a6000. I have found myself going to review pics after shots in the viewfinder and realize it was my d810 haha

the 20mm is mad decent, especially being so compact, (the fisheye & wide angle adapters for the 16mm also work with it too) the 35 f1.8 is supposed to be really good, though i haven't used it...of course there are also a good amount of smallish manual lenses via adapters

AFTER READING REVIEWS, TALKING TO A COUPLE USERS, DOING DEMOS MYSELF... HAD TO PULL THE TRIGGER. I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE MUCH MORE FUN WITH THIS THAN WITH MY NIKON. MUCH MORE CONVENIENT.

AFTER READING REVIEWS, TALKING TO A COUPLE USERS, DOING DEMOS MYSELF... HAD TO PULL THE TRIGGER. I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE MUCH MORE FUN WITH THIS THAN WITH MY NIKON. MUCH MORE CONVENIENT.

welcome to the club. dope feature is the manual focus assist and the evf. wish my nikon had evf for when im shooting outdoors.

16th street in the Pilsen neighborhood in Chicago..

Pilsen Murals_1 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_3 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_5 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_6 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_7 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_10 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_11 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_13 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Pilsen Murals_14 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

This one is in Wicker Park...

Pilsen Murals_15 by Trent Reed, on Flickr

Last edited: