The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^MOAR. 
pimp.gif

on the real though. those shots are fire bro. looking forward for more man. 

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr I know you got the Nex 6, have you used the Nex 7 before? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I'm really aiming towards mirrorless because of how compact they are.

if you're looking at the the nex-7, you might want to look at the either the a6000 of the nex-6; just because even though the nex-7 is technically the above those cameras, both the a6000 & nex-6 are newer cameras, and better features...but if you want native auto-focus lenses you going to have to pay more relative to other dslr/mirrorless cameras. the sony rx100 series seems to have been really well regarded (it shoots raw format too) as a great advanced point & shoot camera if you already have a dslr, not sure about mirrorless and want something truly pocketable...

I have that Canon M and sad to say, I have never used it for anything due to me actually getting into events now with an DSLR. The bad thing to is the battery is atrocious and dies within hours of shooting. Still though, I still don't want to let it go for whatever reason.

So I am shooting an indoor store event on Saturday. It's a pretty dark lit room so i am going to use my flashes. Any general tips for a beginner with this? I can't believe I am going to say this but is shooting on auto mode a decent thing to do? I shoot almost a 100% manual but don't want to fiddle around with my shutter to miss some shots.

Shoot on Aperture Priority. Set your aperture, ISO and the camera will pick the shutter speed.

i don't quite get aperture priority mode, because though the camera may get the exposure right, the shutter speed may be too slow if there is any movement, no? but i guess bumping up the iso, would solve that...

I'm ashamed to say that I rarely use MF :lol:

Just gotta dive in and practice. Gotta get out of the comfort zone of automatic and start playing with the other presets. I started using aperture priority at first then just started messing around with manual focus eventually.

Nice shot Steezy.

So who here downloaded those Hypebeast x VSCO filters?

Also super stoked on this news. If they make that 14-24mm, I'll never have to go back to Nikon ever.

Canon Working on Faster f/2.8 Ultra Wide Zoom
MAY 15, 2014 CANON LENSES FOLLOW ON OUR FORUM
Canon Working on Faster f/2.8 Ultra Wide Zoom
We were told almost immediately after the announcement of the EF 16-35 f/4L IS that Canon is indeed working on an f/2.8 ultra wide angle zoom. The lens will be wider than 16mm, although the exact optical formula is not known. We have heard in the past that an EF 12-24 f/2.8L or EF 14-24 f/2.8L was in the works to compete with the Nikon 14-24 f/2.8G, which some Canon shooters have converted to their EOS bodies.

It was stressed that the lens was “not close” to being announced, and would probably arrive within 6 months of a higher megapixel full frame prosumer camera body.

We’re also told that the Canon EF 17-40 f/4L will remain a current product in the Canon lineup for the time being. Although with how close they are in price, which I’m still surprised about. I can’t see many people not savings a bit longer for the new lens. This may be a matter of depleting stock before discontinuation.

Last edited:
do you guys run your images through vsco cam on your phone? I admit sometimes I like the results as Vsco Film sometimes doesn't work out how I like. I just feel Vsco Cam kind of adds to much distortion? 

first two are with the hypebeast x vsco filters, last two are part of the essence pack. all in all really really happy with the HB preset pack...just wish they had more!

fa07363d-4e25-45ca-99ad-f17fff71fa05.jpg

eff16ef5-d2f9-4a2f-86b1-f8e36236d30f.jpg

df88cb13-93bc-49b0-9ef3-fec7a3dd46c9.jpg

6e729ac0-55a5-4a05-853e-f4eb31c9337e.jpg

changed it up. none of the shots were with my s3.

Shot with a canon rebel xti > imported to ipad edited through there. 

Back
Top Bottom