The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

White Clouds and Tinted Windshields...

[snapped with my iPhone5S]

Ok so I'm going to buy a Point n Shoot camera and I'm very indecisive.
I want one with IQ in good and low lighting vices superb in good light and poor in low light. Also something with a but of Zoom that keeps a fairly good IQ and portable. I'll look into something interchangeable but I don't want to be dealing with lenses.

I was almost going to pull the trigger on the Canon SX700 but the review for low light were not good.

the Sony RX100 sound nice but don't want to deal with the lenses and the Nikon S9700 but also review on low light were not good.

Had contemplated getting the WX 350 from Sony but I have been disappointed with Sony beforr

[COLOR=#red]I can vouch for the Canon point and shoot cameras. I had a 12MP Canon P&S with a Digic processor and it took great pictures. [/COLOR]

Ok so I'm going to buy a Point n Shoot camera and I'm very indecisive.
I want one with IQ in good and low lighting vices superb in good light and poor in low light. Also something with a but of Zoom that keeps a fairly good IQ and portable. I'll look into something interchangeable but I don't want to be dealing with lenses.

I was almost going to pull the trigger on the Canon SX700 but the review for low light were not good.

the Sony RX100 sound nice but don't want to deal with the lenses and the Nikon S9700 but also review on low light were not good.

Had contemplated getting the WX 350 from Sony but I have been disappointed with Sony beforr

The rx100 is supposed to be one of, it not the best, p&s cameras the rx100mkII is a tad bit better, and their new model is probably going to be announced soon...none of which have interchangeable lenses. You can probably find the rx100 for good price right about now too

The rx100 is supposed to be one of, it not the best, p&s cameras the rx100mkII is a tad bit better, and their new model is probably going to be announced soon...none of which have interchangeable lenses. You can probably find the rx100 for good price right about now too
I been reading into it, buy not sure if I'm convince I wasn't that joint because of the big round lens .. I wasn't a bit more discrete joint as you know how females are.

Groupon has a deal on the D3200 with/ kit lens for 379, comes out to 408 shipped after taxes. From my understanding, it's refurbished.

1. Is refurb a good route for a noob?

2. How long did you guys wait to purchase additional lenses? I want to make sure that this is a purchase I don't end up regretting so excuse the dumb ?s please :\

Groupon has a deal on the D3200 with/ kit lens for 379, comes out to 408 shipped after taxes. From my understanding, it's refurbished.

2. How long did you guys wait to purchase additional lenses? I want to make sure that this is a purchase I don't end up regretting so excuse the dumb ?s please :\

Refurbs are fine and most even still have the warranty to them. That is a pretty good price for the camera. I think you are saving like $200.

As far as buying a lens, it really depends on what type of photos you like to shoot. I say use the kit lens for now but once you start understanding its limits whether it be its lack of depth of field (blurry background shots) or capabilities of shooting action shots, then I say that is when you can look into another lens purchase.

Refurbs are fine and most even still have the warranty to them. That is a pretty good price for the camera. I think you are saving like $200.

As far as buying a lens, it really depends on what type of photos you like to shoot. I say use the kit lens for now but once you start understanding its limits whether it be its lack of depth of field (blurry background shots) or capabilities of shooting action shots, then I say that is when you can look into another lens purchase.

Appreciate it homie! Went ahead and purchased! Was going to wait but I didn't know when that price was going to pop back up. Hopefully I get to do some practicing this weekend! :pimp:

I been reading into it, buy not sure if I'm convince I wasn't that joint because of the big round lens .. I wasn't a bit more discrete joint as you know how females are.

is it for a girl? it's a tiny camera, the biggest downside to the rx100 models would seem to be price and that it maybe isn't the easiest point & shoot to use, it does have a fairly large focus ring, but it has a fast lens and the size is pretty much on par for these point & shoots? unless I misunderstand what you mean?

Last edited:
Check this out people. If you're interested in going come through. I will be attending. If you're in another city try looking up your local meet time and place.

bklyn style baby bklyn style baby

Nice work!! What was your set up?

Appreciated! I use a D7100 and was using the kit 18-200, usually I use the 50mm 1.8D but its not wide enough for those shots. I also used a trigger to minimize camera shake. I didn't have a tripod, framing the shots could've been better but sometimes you have to work with what you got.

one more from yesterday.

Last edited:

2. How long did you guys wait to purchase additional lenses? I want to make sure that this is a purchase I don't end up regretting so excuse the dumb ?s please
ohwell.gif
I picked up the D3200 1 year ago for $700 flat after taxes and all that at BestBuy! 

Price at Groupon is cheap, i never dealt with refurbished items though....

I just bought my first lens (35mm f1.8), so one year after initial purchase. 

Great camera overall for any beginner. 

[COLOR=#red]How good are Sony image sensors? Good enough that Leica uses them in the new all Aluminum Leica T...Not to mention the high end Nikon's.[/COLOR]

I'm just a noob, but I think the bottom one has the polarizer. The only reason I say is the front windshield has a bright spot at the bottom passenger side (right above the Ferrari log), and it's a lot smaller on the second pic.

You can see the difference by the headlight. Polarizer isn't supposed to kill all reflections. I believe its a certain type of light and at a certain angle. I forget. It's in a book that I'm trying to read. Just doesn't keep my attention

Yup the bottom one was where I turned the polarizer to have the effect. It's more clear in one of the other pictures that I took.

Went with tokes99 tokes99 suggestion and isolated the calipers in this pic. I tried to get as much detail from the tire as I could without making the picture so dark so that's another reason why I didn't go very dark. I'm impressed with all the detail the 6D is giving me even after zooming in.

Last edited:
I hear you, those things look timeless.

Got a chance to take the polarizer out today. Needless to say I was semi impressed for spending the amount of money I did. Maybe I wasn't using it right or was expecting too much out of it idk.

Can you guys tell the difference in these two photos?

Polarizer on?

I thought it would cut out all the reflections but I guess not. :frown: Oh well

Did you rotate the ring at all to see which had the better effect? The reflections shouldn't really be there. At least not that much. It looks like it isn't even on.

^yea I took about 5 shots while rotating the ring and the bottom one was the one that gave me the best effect.

Wow. I started reading this thread from the first page (YEA the first page!) months back, and I've finally caught up with you guys. I've been into photography (still very amateur, far from a Pro haha) ever since my early teens, before I joined this site. So many great eyes in here, so much great information, so much talent! I'm getting back into the hobby and picked up a mirror less Canon to have with me on the go. I'm not anywhere near the level of some of you guys in here but anyways a few pics I've taken:

Back
Top Bottom