The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just some randoms from yesterday. I'm really starting to love this camera more than my D7100 (which is for sale btw, as well as my Sigma 35 f/1.4 cough cough)

I'm gussing all those pics are film judging by your first pic (Selfie)?
I was going to ask how you get that 'film" type look in post processing. I guess I could google it lol.

Nice snaps. I really like this one. Kind of craving a chocolate milkshake now.

I'm gussing all those pics are film judging by your first pic (Selfie)?
I was going to ask how you get that 'film" type look in post processing. I guess I could google it lol.

Nice snaps. I really like this one. Kind of craving a chocolate milkshake now.

Thanks, homie.

Actually, they're with my Fuji X100. Apparently, the Fuji X Series cameras were made to emulate film. The real trick though, was using the VSCO presets in Lightroom :lol:

a little macro with my girlfriends flowers, used my 100mm L macro
any and all feedback is great, thanks in advance

been messing around with this site all morning, may be useful to those trying to decide between/on specific cameras; pick 2 cameras for comparison & pick which images you prefer the image quality of & it tells you the which camera produced those images that you liked more:

http://camerashowdown.com/

more fisheye (non)action:

Last edited:
so i got to shoot my good friend who is now under red bulls wings.. first time using my flash on skateboarding
need more practice on timing and getting the right exposure

Firas Al-Hinai fs board by james bringas, on Flickr

Firas Al-Hinai Hardflip by james bringas, on Flickr

Firas Al-Hinai fs board by james bringas, on Flickr

all shot on 1/200 cause i cant go any higher, all shot without a triger :smh: and all i used is the commander mode with nikon
need to get one just so i can go faster ( can i go faster than 1/200 when i use a triger? :nerd: :nerd: :lol:)

been messing around with this site all morning, may be useful to those trying to decide between/on specific cameras; pick 2 cameras for comparison & pick which images you prefer the image quality of & it tells you the which camera produced those images that you liked more:

Just another reason why I'm getting the 6d over the MK2

so i got to shoot my good friend who is now under red bulls wings.. first time using my flash on skateboarding
need more practice on timing and getting the right exposure

dope! when you shoot stuff like this do you fire off a bunch of shots or time it to get 'the one' shot? would you use a tripod?

Just another reason why I'm getting the 6d over the MK2

not sure if it accounts for editing, but it is pretty interesting game/tool

Last edited:

Good old Forest Hills... Can't be from Boston and never have hung out here as a teenager... Crazy how time flies...

Good weekend of photography for me. Really got to put the Sigma 85mm through its paces and I was not disappointed. Went to my boys engagement ceremony (Buddhist)  and heres a couple of samples:

dope! when you shoot stuff like this do you fire off a bunch of shots or time it to get 'the one' shot? would you use a tripod?

i usually shoot sequence shots without the flash but with my last post, had to just take that "one" shot so timing really is everything

tripods are fine, but i guess its just more flexible and easier to move around without it

Hi, I just picked up a 600D with the 18-55mm and the 50mm lens, any recommendations for accessories that I should look into?

A polarizer and a tripod perhaps? Not sure what you'll be mainly using it with but those 2 can come in handy at times. Especially the polarizer.

Good old Forest Hills... Can't be from Boston and never have hung out here as a teenager... Crazy how time flies...

:lol:

tokes99 tokes99 good to see some nice local shots

A polarizer and a tripod perhaps? Not sure what you'll be mainly using it with but those 2 can come in handy at times. Especially the polarizer.

Ok cool, is there a certain kind of polarizer that you'd recommend?

Hoya is a brand that's been well spoken of. In case you were wondering a polarizer's purpose is to make the shots more vibrant.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2...larizer-filter-5-top-models-tested-and-rated/

to you all who shoot in RAW: what are the advantages over JPEG? do you always shoot in RAW, or is it situational?

Back
Top Bottom