The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

lango-1.jpg

lango-2.jpg
Dope, they changed it.

question for those of you who use external flashes

manual vs ttl, which do you use/prefer? i'm looking to pick up a flash soon, and would prefer to save money by going with a 3rd party manual one. i keep my camera on manual so i imagine it won't be too tough to get used to with the flash....but the fuji ttl flash is only ~$80 more than the manual one, so it might be worth it to go with that.

here's a portfolio of someone who's pretty impressive with their flash setups. they have an interesting section of time laps videos of setting up the shoots.

http://patrickcavanbrown.com/#/ moving image/on set/1/thumbs

manual vs ttl, which do you use/prefer? i'm looking to pick up a flash soon, and would prefer to save money by going with a 3rd party manual one. i keep my camera on manual so i imagine it won't be too tough to get used to with the flash....but the fuji ttl flash is only ~$80 more than the manual one, so it might be worth it to go with that.

here's a portfolio of someone who's pretty impressive with their flash setups. they have an interesting section of time laps videos of setting up the shoots.

depends on what you are shooting, if you are focused on something that gives you plenty of time to set up your fash and have the patience then go for manual, if you are shooting in an environment where you dont have much time and any second can be THAT moment, is best to stay with ETTL and only worry about your camera settings.

Sup fellas, I really want to setup a portfolio/gallery for my photos and was wondering if anyone is/has used zenfolio?

Also I see a lot of people take great shots of their shoes that look poster ready. Is it possible to sell these photos of sneakers? Just wondering if I should add a sneaker gallery with my other shoots, thanks

KVN

Did you shoot those pics with a prime lens Fong?

Yup. Canon 85mm F/1.2 bokeh killer. Rented it for the weekend but sad to say, hardly shot with it aside from going to the park today. It's a different lens then what I normally shoot with but honestly I love the lens. Not generally the best walk around lens but if I have this and my 24mm, I think I really cover a lot of areas. Just weighs a ton though.

Here's the DigitalRev video on it. I think I might purchase it in the future if I don't get the 14mm F/2.8L.

four years ago i started snapping pictures at people asleep in the city. Benches, steps, trains, museums, buses. I am very fascinated by the fact that they sleep virtually everywhere regardless of people around them and of the rhythm of the city.

I self published a small 60 pages book titled Sleepers that contains 60 photos of urban sleepers. The book is limited to 20 numbered and signed copies and it will come with a small print and stickers.

You can find it online within the next weeks on

www.onegiantarm.com

or

http://seeingthingsgallery.com/

Or just drop me a line at [email protected]

I also just added a gallery to my website with some samples of the pictures in the book.

http://www.amadteapartyphoto.com/wp/?portfolio=sleepers

come check them out, don't sleep :smile:

one

Jay

Last edited:
Yup. Canon 85mm F/1.2 bokeh killer. Rented it for the weekend but sad to say, hardly shot with it aside from going to the park today. It's a different lens then what I normally shoot with but honestly I love the lens. Not generally the best walk around lens but if I have this and my 24mm, I think I really cover a lot of areas. Just weighs a ton though.

Here's the DigitalRev video on it. I think I might purchase it in the future if I don't get the 14mm F/2.8L.

Nice. I'm thinking about getting my first prime lens but I'm thinking about just renting one first to see which one fits my needs. Been needing to take some bokeh shots badly now.

Very interesting idea JTOTHAO.

I just picked up the Yongnuo 468-II TTL flash. It's around $88 on Amazon and works on camera TTL, but not off camera. Yongnuo has a pretty good reputation for quality flashes for their prices. I suggest that one if you don't want to break the bank, but if you're willing to go around $150, get the Yongnuo 565-EX II TTL. much better, the the Yongnuo 568EX for almost $200.

Haven't posted some photos in a while. Here are some snaps from my trip to the Philippines earlier this year, only few of the hundreds I took.

The long exposure photos were taken handheld, so they aren't the best. Taken in Boracay.

Back
Top Bottom