The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

6th Street Brigde... if I'm not mistaken.

4307484659_539f70e8a0_b.jpg

4308279000_7eb6493c89_b.jpg

Ehh picked up this badboy despite NT telling me not too.. i dunno i get like a kid in a candy store everytime i see one in bestbuy so i just bought it
smh.gif
now i hope i can learn all the ropes with this..

Your shots will probably not look different AT ALL. That is basically a D5000 with features that your "shooting style" doesn't make use of. Don't mean to be blunt, just saying what I think. On the flipside, more power to you if you actually get it together and put it to good use.

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

Ehh picked up this badboy despite NT telling me not too.. i dunno i get like a kid in a candy store everytime i see one in bestbuy so i just bought it
smh.gif

So you went from a crop body, to another crop body that requires MORE skill? I don't wanna be a hater, I just don't understand how you justified your purchase when you've been shooting with an already great camera. But like Santi said, more power to you if you can put it to good use.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

smh.gif

So you went from a crop body, to another crop body that requires MORE skill? I don't wanna be a hater, I just don't understand how you justified your purchase when you've been shooting with an already great camera. But like Santi said, more power to you if you can put it to good use.

I know its the same sensor and the pics will definitely look the same but as far as the better len's better body weight faster shooting its what i preferred.. Overall the D90 is a better camera as per review's say its not like i havent played with it for month's before my purchase.. Now when im really doing it is when i step into the realm of D3's Etc.. Now as far as my shooting style goes santi of course it needs major work but to me its just like teaching someone how to tie a shoe they are going to have there own way so to say on how they want to learn and want to tie it and make petty mistakes.. but at the end of the day the shoe gets tied and the picture gets taken and once i learn how to perfect the way i take pictures.. Not to mention bestbuy screwed up my D5000 in repairs..

^^^So did you get this with credit from your other camera? I mean there is nothing wrong getting the D90 but the only mistake you made was buying the kit. If I were you since it is new is sell the kit lens and get some money and get a better lens. It's really not that great, especially with stuff that you like to shoot like portraits or whatever.

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

iAllan- that pic is incredible
pimp.gif
YEA I AGREE. GREAT STUFF... QUESTION?  IS THIS MULTIPLE SHOTS MERGED OR DID YOU MESS WITH THE COLORS IN PP (IF SO WHAT DID YOU FOCUS OR METER ON)?  
OH, TERMANOLOGY, I SAID BEFORE ONE OF MY FAVORITE PHOTOGRAPHERS IN THIS THREAD.  

MY BAD ON ALL CAPS BEEN HAVING TROUBLE DISABLING AND TYPING ON NY VIA PHONE LATELY

Italy is a photographers dream...

Hoping I can get better to really capitalize on it's beauty.

Was heading down south to Napoli....had to stop and snap a quick pic.

Also, what are your thoughts on taking a DSLR to the club? Should I stick with my P&S?

5f3sxx.jpg

fclafa.jpg

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Also, what are your thoughts on taking a DSLR to the club? Should I stick with my P&S?
Only if you have an external flash and a nifty-fifty. The nifty-fifty is small, inexpensive, and easily replaced. Also, it opens wide enough to get decent shots at ISO1600 or so without flash and ISO200-400 with one. Without an external flash, you might as well take the P&S. Having your DSLR disables you from being able to dance without looking like a moron, though. So if you're going with ladies, I'd say no. The T1i has a decent build, but I'd still be weary. I shoot with a 1DsII and it's a brick and weather sealed and all that jazz, but I'm still slightly hesitant. If you have a flash, I'd take it off whenever I'm not using it-- it'd be WAY too easy to snap that thing off the hotshot, which would suck.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I've done it a couple of times here in SD.  I used a Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 with my D90 and SB-600 combo.  I'm not sure how it is in Italy but out here in SD the ladies loves the guy with the big camera...funny because I get random girls asking me to take their picture.  As far as dancing with the camera around my neck...i got used it to it. 

And I agree with Nikeairsncrispy, the DSLR will be pretty useless with out an external flash.  (optional) I would also adjust the white balance or bring a gel...the first batch of pics i took came out reddish and was a pain in the butt to PP.

Back
Top Bottom