The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

This is my first time in this thread and i need some help finding a good lens for my canon rebel xsi
I want to know a good lens in the $100-$200 range that would great for taking close up pics of things mostly indoors.
I dont mind buying used, and will probably end up geting it off cl, but Ill consider anything
Thanks

Buy a 50mm 1.8, its 100$ and a great lens.

5332652186_aab281b892_z.jpg

can somebody school me on self portraits? like how do yall get the focus when you're not behind the cam.

^^^Easy quick answer is its very difficult if you are using the self timer. Quickest way to do is to purchase a remote shutter release.

But here are some other ways:
http://photodoto.com/im-r...-focused-self-portraits/

I'm pissed my D300 doesn't work with the Nikon wireless remote I used for the D40. Wireless remotes for the D300 and D700 costs freaking $100+. They have cheap after market ones but a lot of the reviews are very poor.

From yesterday...

6/365 ~ It's the shoes man! The greatest pair of shoes ever made! A lot of people don't realize, that these shoes are pretty healthy for you as well. A lot of companies now are stressing the importance of "freeing your foot" (eg. Vibram's 5 fingers, Nike FREE), but this here is the casual shoe that does all that, with style! The entire sole is flat, meaning that there isn't a raised heal that causes a constant plantar flexion of your foot, which is bad. It keeps your calves stretched, improving muscle quality along with promoting good knee, hip, and spine alignment! (see posterior chain) Really though, this shoe rocks.

^^Good shoe but the cushioning for your feet is def not the best. But nice picture.

Thanks Fong for the wireless remote app info. but thats just to inconvenient. you gotta have a laptop for it to work. then hook it up. open the server. take out the ipod, start the application and hope you're connected to a hotspot and pray the server is up and running properly.

I just want something like my Nikon ML-L3 remote, where i just take it out, set the camera in wireless remote shooting mode and start clicking away. I just purchased a Vivitar wireless remote on amazon for $34 with average Amazon reviews but actually a lot of good reviews on other photography sites. Its worth a try considering the only alternative is the Nikon ML-3 thats costs $189.

http://www.amazon.com/Wir...F8&qid=1294435347&sr=8-3

Nikon should of just added the infra-red compatibility in the D300. I mean how much more would it take to just design that in.

Am I the only one not using any editing software?

I don't know the first thing about them nor which is the best. I think my pictures would benefit from some editing.

Any free ones out there you guys recommend?

Havent been around these parts in awhile since my work isnt NT safe but i can share one of my best subjects

Ill be peeping my head back in here from time to time since i will be starting another photography course this semester.. Opinions and of course criticism i want to improve as much as i can..

sup yall.

as far as post process is concerned...for me, some photos i somewhat take into account the actual subject/composition of the picture...don't really know how to explain it to be honest...just kinda look at the subject matter and go off that #shrug but i always mess with the sharpness of the photo, something i do for every pic, "pixel peep" i guess is what some people call it...

5325554641_2552fbd7b1_z.jpg

5326173728_451fcd95f6_z.jpg

5325856532_ff2380da53_z.jpg

5325903816_6fd6f4581b_z.jpg

took some shots of my baby shoes. this first one is my favorite out of the bunch..let me know what u guys think!

Back
Top Bottom