The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I went back and edited some old and not so old pictures with subtle changes.

4885242722_970a322394_z.jpg

4884745773_bb710a05e2_z.jpg

4884745781_0d497baa45_z.jpg

How much should I sell my D90 + 35mm 1.8G for? The D90 has about 400 shutter count. It's literally brand new.

I have dreams about getting the 5d markii but don't got the guap to drop at the moment. What canon lens should I get? I own 35mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85 1.8. I shoot w/ a 30D (my fav body, should I upgrade bodies?)

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

How much should I sell my D90 + 35mm 1.8G for? The D90 has about 400 shutter count. It's literally brand new.

I have dreams about getting the 5d markii but don't got the guap to drop at the moment. What canon lens should I get? I own 35mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85 1.8. I shoot w/ a 30D (my fav body, should I upgrade bodies?)

On Craigslist, they go for real cheap. I've seen bodies go for just $600 used. I would say the selling price for a D90 and the 35mm is $900 give or take.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

Fong, you're friends with Philip Velasco?

Yeah....we're homies. Fellow Fatlace bloggers.....just like Krux too.

Nice video kix2mny. I'm just starting video with my T2i and I have noticed my PC laptop struggling editing those huge .mov files I get from 1080p video.

I see that you guys are starting up a DC meetup. Here is a link to a page of one of my good friends who is trying to do the samething. The first one was just us two but I know he is looking to expand for the next one. He was just at the Philip Bloom meetup in PA. DC DSLR Meetup

Originally Posted by juggy4805

Nice video kix2mny. I'm just starting video with my T2i and I have noticed my PC laptop struggling editing those huge .mov files I get from 1080p video.

I see that you guys are starting up a DC meetup. Here is a link to a page of one of my good friends who is trying to do the samething. The first one was just us two but I know he is looking to expand for the next one. He was just at the Philip Bloom meetup in PA. DC DSLR Meetup

I say use 720p mode on video instead. 1080p seems useless at the moment unless you are actually going to show these videos on a big screen TV and you have the computer to handle all of it without crashing all the time. If you are uploading on to youtube or vimeo, no point in having it in 1080p since it will most likely get downgraded in quality anyways. Plus the frame rate is better on 720p at 60fps, so it will look way better on the web.

@Mr. Fongstarr The videos I have done so far have been on a big screen but 720p should look just as good. I will def try that next time. Thanks for the help.

@Mr. Fongstarr The videos I have done so far have been on a big screen but 720p should look just as good. I will def try that next time. Thanks for the help.

^ bionic90, i like the processing on your pics, dope.

my homie had his son's 4th bday party over the wkend on the beach, got rained out
frown.gif
few randoms...

4896258143_79f43a78ba_z.jpg

4900118768_8bbd111217_z.jpg

4899397203_fd0057cb07_z.jpg

4899579709_0c11443a50_z.jpg

and master chief thrown in for good measure...

4886575605_9bcecdf319_z.jpg

@quik1987 - I really like that shot too, I hope you dont mind but i made some quick changes to make it feel like an old postcard (thats the vibe i got from the image for some reason haha)

4900287926_752ffac0f1_z.jpg

And a random...
4899123790_b9bc9599c5_z.jpg

So I was just wondering if anyone wanted to do those assignments that we used to do on the old photography thread (i.e. panoramic, portrait) . I saw this on Gizmodo and thought it would be an interesting. It's a diptych assignment. Just a submission of a photo with two images that become one. No real theme but just create a photo that makes sense. These were some examples on the site:

adamkingdiptych.jpg

bentorodediptych.jpg

fredfackerdiptych.jpg

dustinchandiptych.jpg

annavickroydiptych.jpg

nickchengdiptych.jpg

robertkalnitzdiptych.jpg

Are you guys game for this? Deadline could be Sunday. I think it would be best if everyone held off on showing them till Sunday though just cause I think it would be more efficient to see everything at one time and not jack people's ideas as people post them up in advance. The whole idea of these things is to go out and shoot and be creative.

I think it's a great idea^
The last Diptych I did, just for the sake of it -
4854109255_50460fe88f_z.jpg

This is obviously a terrible diptych, borders are toooo big and it looks even worse on a black background, but w/e the effect is still there
but a sunday deadline is cool, it's a good idea (my $0.02) 

Also, for anyone looking for how to make one, or just really interested in them, there's a great group on flickr about them > http://www.flickr.com/groups/dyptichs/

Back
Top Bottom