The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Hello all,

I'm currently shooting with a D3300 and think i'm ready to move up to a new camera. I was torn between the D7200 at $1000 and D7500 at $1150. Is it worth saving the $150 or should i just buy the 7500?

Hello all,

I'm currently shooting with a D3300 and think i'm ready to move up to a new camera. I was torn between the D7200 at $1000 and D7500 at $1150. Is it worth saving the $150 or should i just buy the 7500?

Check this site out: https://photographylife.com/nikon-d7500-vs-d7200
And this article is good: https://www.techradar.com/news/nikon-d7500-vs-d7200-8-key-differences-you-need-to-know

Sort of gives you the breakdown of the improvements of the D7500. I think considering, the $150 additional price is warranted but only if you need those features. I like the tilty screen cause I do landscapes and shoot low to the ground sometimes. I like the improved weather seal cause I travel enough and have had some rough conditions (rain) where my camera could have crapped out. And I am a focus snob and like how there is improved AF. All that seems worth it to me.

So pumped! My A7Riii is being delivered tomorrow. So after some research I realized that the Riii is basically two cameras in one... For photos it’s a true FF with 42MP and 10FPS, as well as an APS-C camera coming in at 18MP in crop mode. Here’s the thing though, one of camera guys compared the Riii in crop mode against an a6500 and maintains that the Riii pics in crop mode are sharper due to the Riii not having an AA filter. Also the low light sensitivity is slightly better due to less MPs sorta like how the A7Sii dominates in low light with 12MP. It’s dope because I can use my APS-C E mount Prime lenses on my Riii with no vignetting all by pressing a button to go into crop mode. That instantly makes my 50mm a 75mm lens equivalent. Dope.

For vid I have the choice of 4K FF or 5K downsampled to 4K in Super 35mm. They both have their advantages. Again can get better lowlight performance in Super 35 mode even though it’s no slouch in FF mode.

While the a7iii is a better value by a long shot, the a7Riii is still the flagship. I guess one can make the argument for the a9.

B9F12C59-E9D0-4AA8-B6A6-60CF1FB8F515.jpeg
5E889069-DE0F-4AC8-923E-A43C4E1D6AF5.jpeg
0AA601F1-DAAB-49EF-9948-882404B6F214.jpeg

On the left raw footage shot in Pro Res 4444XQ 4K 12 Bit Color in D Log, to the right preliminary color correction and color grade in DaVinci Resolve 15 for a corporate shoot of a Chase Bank. Didn’t want to use Pro Res RAW because I didn’t want to use FCP X to edit.

yeah that wasn't for you

but good for you too i guess
I didn't want to say anything, but damn you went straight to the neck. Would of have just let him be. I'm trying to be a better man since he threatened me in PM. Talking about he knows high ranking officialS. LOL

Glad to see he's making money .....

'suppers. been lurkin around as usual...always cool to pop back in and see y'all still doin the tings along with some new bruhs doin some tings

anyways, snatched up the d850 back in April...haven't shot as much lately, but here are some recents...

united colors of baynetton by ryan g, on Flickr

transflection by ryan g, on Flickr

palace afterburn by ryan g, on Flickr

Fire in the Sky by ryan g, on Flickr

How's the difference been on the switch to the D850? I don't know if I am just seeing things but I can already see the difference in the high pixel count. Things just look cleaner even after you condense a photo down for web use. I really hope that is my next move.

How's the difference been on the switch to the D850? I don't know if I am just seeing things but I can already see the difference in the high pixel count. Things just look cleaner even after you condense a photo down for web use. I really hope that is my next move.
You moving to Nikon?

I didn't want to say anything, but damn you went straight to the neck. Would of have just let him be. I'm trying to be a better man since he threatened me in PM. Talking about he knows high ranking officialS. LOL

Glad to see he's making money .....

I knew the reply wasn’t for me. My reply was jokingly. But Keko, hop off my homie. I went to your PMs like a man to extend an Olive Leaf because I’m not here for conflict. You never responded, which means you hold on to stuff which is weird af cause I never did anything to you. You only respond to anything about me if it’s negative. You’re the problem bro. But it’s whatevs, negativity doesn’t stop this train.

I came back to this thread and it’s eerily the exact same as when I left 4 years ago. Same characters, same type posts. Man at least I leveled up.

:lol:

Its 2018, why you gotta be THAT guy.
I didn’t come back for this lol. But Freko brought back the same hate he had for me 4 years ago. Even mentioned how I had bad HDR photos. Heck I even forgot about that, yet it was fresh on his mind. Then homie wouldn’t accept a “truce”. Bro gets worked up over me. It’s weird af trust!

I created one of the longest continuously running threads on NT. The Gun thread going 8 years straight. I never even had as much of a disagreement on it.

53F7CBD9-78FF-4DA3-814A-74DA655F0BC2.jpeg
The dude’s first reply to me after I came back. Mind you I didn’t even remember his name. I only knew it was him from him dredging up some old stuff. But I’m the issue here huh? Lol. I guess I shouldn’t be perturbed. It’s an honor to be remembered.

Screenshot_20180911-220455_Chrome.jpg

This dude said he was trying to make peace. I bet you have little to no friends with your condescending ways.

Man be quiet, I kept it civil and asked that man why he did you like that. For a person that is trying to just be chill, you sure got on your feels and had to come at me sideways. Seems to me that you think a few BS from you suppose to mean something to me.

Trying to intimidate me with who you know and your long standing membership with NT.

LoL

This dude about to have me banned ya'll .... I see him calling all his high ranking officials..

PS it's easy to remember a person that uses the name of a true educator and founders of Kappa Alpha Psi, but represent him so poorly.

BTW I have kept it cool since you have been contributing with work, even when I think there's a lot to be desire, especially in your real estate work. But, thank for contributing

All I asked.

Last edited:
You moving to Nikon?

No but I know the D850 is pretty much the best full frame "DSLR" in the market right now. It's gotten so much praise and especially over the 5D Mark 4. There is now way I would ever go Nikon again but if I was starting over, I would have picked Nikon if I knew the D850 was going to be released in the market.

Back
Top Bottom