The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I also feel like Canon and Nikon’s response to the A7 series of recent is half-hearted. You can tell they still don’t want to cannibalize their DSLR market. That’s a shortsighted strategy to say the least.

Take the evolved dinosaur of a camera they have...the Canon 1DX Mk 2. Still uses a derivative of the old behind CF memory cards, used MJPEG as their video format and has a non-articulating limited touch screen. Sony A9 is a DIRECT threat to it hitting at 20 pics per second with a dope AF (ok Canon’s Dual Pixel AF is no slouch I get it), and much better handling than that fat 1DX.

CaNikon better get their cabezas out of their culos or get slowly left behind in the dust.

You was banned? Must of have been all the talking and none of the walking.

I'm sure people here are still waiting for all the photos and footage of various landmark you bragged about but never posted.

Welcome back, contribute.

hey guys im ready to buy another lense. this time i need a prime for portraits/overall photograpy, but portraits especially. currently my lenses are a canon 50mm 1.8 and sigma 17-50mm 1.8. i use a canon 60d. now i would just use the 50mm but the shots are always out of focus with autofocus or it misses focus and focus on something else. not sure how since i used to have a canon t1i and got results i was super happy with. my canon 17-50 performs like it should so idk. i just want to upgrade since its not the sharpest lens and its actually soft at 2.8...

my dilemma is that i want something like a sigma art 30 1.4, but its useless if i go full frame. my sigma 17-50 is already crop sensor lens. i dont want a collection of crop sensor lenses.... i also think cheaper is better. $500 is my max since the sigma 30 1.4 is only $499...

if you guys have any recommendations that would be good. should i just get the sigma art 1.4 even though it is only crop sensor? all input is helpful

1D3685C7-A613-47F3-A3CE-4F7761B98285.jpeg

First custom lens mount ever created for a drone. The DL Mount. Prime lens mount with a carbon fiber body. Comes in 16, 24, 35, and a nifty 50. All are f2.8 with the ability to pull focus and adjust aperture from the .$1300 apiece. DJI acquired a major stake in Hasselblad and its starting to payoff.

You was banned? Must of have been all the talking and none of the walking.

I'm sure people here are still waiting for all the photos and footage of various landmark you bragged about but never posted.

Welcome back, contribute.

I do contribute, in the form of camera tech talk. I’m anti-pixel peeping which is what most peeps do in online photo forums. I have a production company alongside my drone and marketing company that focuses on corporate clients. So I do walk the walk. I just never understood the relative nasty disposition of peeps in the photog industry. If you’re good make that paper, why invest in such expensive equipment mostly for the air of superiority and snobbery and not revenue? ‍♂️

hey guys im ready to buy another lense. this time i need a prime for portraits/overall photograpy, but portraits especially. currently my lenses are a canon 50mm 1.8 and sigma 17-50mm 1.8. i use a canon 60d. now i would just use the 50mm but the shots are always out of focus with autofocus or it misses focus and focus on something else. not sure how since i used to have a canon t1i and got results i was super happy with. my canon 17-50 performs like it should so idk. i just want to upgrade since its not the sharpest lens and its actually soft at 2.8...

my dilemma is that i want something like a sigma art 30 1.4, but its useless if i go full frame. my sigma 17-50 is already crop sensor lens. i dont want a collection of crop sensor lenses.... i also think cheaper is better. $500 is my max since the sigma 30 1.4 is only $499...

if you guys have any recommendations that would be good. should i just get the sigma art 1.4 even though it is only crop sensor? all input is helpful

Get for what you have right now. That’s all you can account for at the time. You’re not taking pics in the future. You’re taking them now my homie. When it’s time for you to go full frame you can always sell off your APSC lenses to subsidize the cost of your FF camera.

Get for what you have right now. That’s all you can account for at the time. You’re not taking pics in the future. You’re taking them now my homie. When it’s time for you to go full frame you can always sell off your APSC lenses to subsidize the cost of your FF camera.

sounds right. i dont mind doing this. should i go with the sigma art 30mm or something else thats cheaper and still decent? i dont take pictures as a job just on the side for fun since i am still learning.

sounds right. i dont mind doing this. should i go with the sigma art 30mm or something else thats cheaper and still decent? i dont take pictures as a job just on the side for fun since i am still learning.

The others will also chime in, but in my opinion I would go with something less expensive yet still capable. Your camera skills will develop as a result of you actively shooting moreso than the equipment you choose. Of course there are some limits to the statement I just made but for the most part it’s true. The money you save can go towards a polarize and ND filter set which can also enhance your shooting opportunities.

I do contribute, in the form of camera tech talk. I’m anti-pixel peeping which is what most peeps do in online photo forums. I have a production company alongside my drone and marketing company that focuses on corporate clients. So I do walk the walk. I just never understood the relative nasty disposition of peeps in the photog industry. If you’re good make that paper, why invest in such expensive equipment mostly for the air of superiority and snobbery and not revenue? ‍♂️
ACTUALLY, you do talk a lot and most time if I remember correctly was to bash anything that wasnt Sony. You talked a whole bunch and hardly posted a picture in a photography thread. Now for as long as I can remember (since the thread was created) I have seen some people get critique without asking for one, but most of the time, people asked for them.

Now, in regards to pixel peeping, how can you even do that in NT? The quality is so degraded is crazy. But one can see when the picture is way overdone or a horrible HDR, like many of yours.

Why am I somewhat going a little hard, because again, you came in here with the bs Sony fanboy BS. BTW, you did like to critique a lot.

We all can read, most of use can recite what we have read, so to hear you just saying everything you have no practical application on, it is annoying.

ACTUALLY, you do talk a lot and most time if I remember correctly was to bash anything that wasnt Sony. You talked a whole bunch and hardly posted a picture in a photography thread. Now for as long as I can remember (since the thread was created) I have seen some people get critique without asking for one, but most of the time, people asked for them.

Now, in regards to pixel peeping, how can you even do that in NT? The quality is so degraded is crazy. But one can see when the picture is way overdone or a horrible HDR, like many of yours.

Why am I somewhat going a little hard, because again, you came in here with the bs Sony fanboy BS. BTW, you did like to critique a lot.

We all can read, most of use can recite what we have read, so to hear you just saying everything you have no practical application on, it is annoying.
Hahaha, have no practical application on? Bro I literally run and own a media company that has more than a few high profile imagery/photo/video jobs. BTW I meant pixel-peeping colloquially, not literally bro. Here's the even funnier part. I have more non HDR photos than I do HDR, as a matter of fact I have that same drone pic above in non HDR. I actually forgot who it was that hated my HDR imagery, but knew if I posted it they would say something...and you did! Too funny.

BTW you're not going hard...that's feather pillow talk compared to what a person has to go through in the ultra-competitive entrepreneurial business world. Let's be civil in here.

Hahaha, have no practical application on? Bro I literally run and own a media company that has more than a few high profile imagery/photo/video jobs. BTW I meant pixel-peeping colloquially, not literally bro. Here's the even funnier part. I have more non HDR photos than I do HDR, as a matter of fact I have that same drone pic above in non HDR. I actually forgot who it was that hated my HDR imagery, but knew if I posted it they would say something...and you did! Too funny.

BTW you're not going hard...that's feather pillow talk compared to what a person has to go through in the ultra-competitive entrepreneurial business world. Let's be civil in here.
Saying a bunch of nothing. I know garbage dudes working with high profile people. Is the luck of the draw.

Just keep that Sony fanboy **** out of here.

If others have a manufacturer preference, so beat it

Saying a bunch of nothing. I know garbage dudes working with high profile people. Is the luck of the draw.

Let me give you a quick life lesson bro. Talent in and of itself can be overrated. It’s all about what you do with what you’re given. Understanding business is one of the most important aspects of it all. What does it really matter if you got “mad skills” if you’re not making bread from it? Especially since this equipment isn’t cheap. Salute to the Garbage homies out he’s making it.

I came in here on a clean slate, seems like Keko still salty lol. Must be one of those grudge holder types huh my homie?

Let me give you a quick life lesson bro. Talent in and of itself can be overrated. It’s all about what you do with what you’re given. Understanding business is one of the most important aspects of it all. What does it really matter if you got “mad skills” if you’re not making bread from it? Especially since this equipment isn’t cheap. Salute to the Garbage homies out he’s making it.

I came in here on a clean slate, seems like Keko still salty lol. Must be one of those grudge holder types huh my homie?
LoL ...

Salty? At what? You came in here once again, riding a wave that no one cared about. Talking all the Sony stuff and bragging as usual. Keep it moving. Im done.

Last edited:
It’s good to be remembered bro. It’s an honor that my even my half-hearted stuff hasn’t been forgotten.

Anyway can’t wait till my a7iii gets in. Was highly debating getting the a7Riii which is actually in stock but I used the extra money for a on camera monitor and 2 lenses. I’ll miss the GH5.

1FB306C9-BF93-4F43-B26A-96784E05C0F9.jpeg

My bird on a worksite. Over $13k for the total package but pays for itself in a few jobs. Very fast too. Like 0-60 in around 5 seconds. Fast enough at lest lol. Anyone ever have questions about drones I’ll be happy to answer. Been in business with them for 3 years as my primary source of income not a side gig.

i literally laughed out loud at this! it isn’t the typical advice but it is definitely true!! tho there is a particular kind of retroactive saltiness when you have shelled out some not insignificant amount for crop lenses, that are basically rendered somewhat useless by upgrading to 35mm...

#forwhatitsworth...riding for a particular brand, however annoying &/or persistent, isn’t against the rules? or is it?? i will say that your business claims, however great for you, don’t seem necessary & are unrelated to providing helpful criticisms...they kinda come across as not so humble brags, #notthatthereisanythingwrongwiththat but it can rub people the wrong way #justsayin

1FB306C9-BF93-4F43-B26A-96784E05C0F9.jpeg

My bird on a worksite. Over $13k for the total package but pays for itself in a few jobs. Very fast too. Like 0-60 in around 5 seconds. Fast enough at lest lol. Anyone ever have questions about drones I’ll be happy to answer. Been in business with them for 3 years as my primary source of income not a side gig.

did you get your fan license? and do your clients ask to see/care if you do/don’t have it??

0BAE9139-067F-4F1C-B75A-AA28B6DE1307.jpeg
0BAE9139-067F-4F1C-B75A-AA28B6DE1307.jpeg

i literally laughed out loud at this! it isn’t the typical advice but it is definitely true!! tho there is a particular kind of retroactive saltiness when you have shelled out some not insignificant amount for crop lenses, that are basically rendered somewhat useless by upgrading to 35mm...

#forwhatitsworth...riding for a particular brand, however annoying &/or persistent, isn’t against the rules? or is it?? i will say that your business claims, however great for you, don’t seem necessary & are unrelated to providing helpful criticisms...they kinda come across as not so humble brags, #notthatthereisanythingwrongwiththat but it can rub people the wrong way #justsayin

did you get your fan license? and do your clients ask to see/care if you do/don’t have it??

Yes indeed bro. I have my FAA Part 107. I have to because I’ve done government funded projects overseas and they don’t play that. Even for domestic private corporate type jobs and real estate jobs they will require you to have it. As a matter of fact I teach a training course for the exam and have trained law enforcement agencies as well as large oil and gas corporations.

Oh and I’m going to talk about my businesses. I don’t humblebrag. I speak about my life, if some people don’t like that then I don’t know what to say. However I am easily approachable and willing to share info with others who are interested in becoming entrepreneurs especially in the imaging and media industry. It ain’t luck of the draw. It’s strategic planning. If you love this stuff, you might as well get some coin for it.

Another thing, I thought I was pretty specific that I bought a Panasonic camera that I actually used for revenue purposes. Dat don’t sound like a Sony fanboi. I’m actually camera agnostic. I was actually hoping Canon and Nikon came out with an a7x killer so I could try a new platform, but alas they didn’t.

Anyway I’m open to help others with insight to get in the industry. PM me if you don’t want to put it out here. I’m simply misunderstood on NT. Those who actually met me in person know the deal.

Attachments

• E87F9CEF-8445-4E56-B647-E10DDBBF1A57.jpeg
    E87F9CEF-8445-4E56-B647-E10DDBBF1A57.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 0
What does 78 mean for height. I do t think you are 7’8”! Even if it’s inches (which is a bit weird) that would be 6’6”?

Just ordered the Sigma ART 24mm f1.4 lens for the a7iii. Hopefully the Sony gets off of backorder status soon so I can shoot with this lens. Really like the idea of a fast lens and wide angle lens. Also picked up the FF version of their non-Zeiss 50mm 1.8 prime. I like the APS-C version for my a6000 so I know this should do well.

i literally laughed out loud at this! it isn’t the typical advice but it is definitely true!! tho there is a particular kind of retroactive saltiness when you have shelled out some not insignificant amount for crop lenses, that are basically rendered somewhat useless by upgrading to 35mm

What do you think i should do and what lens should i get?

Back
Top Bottom