The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

One more. Couldn't really get this photo to an edit l totally liked. Way too dark but when I lightened it, it looked odd too. I guess just move on to the next one.

Hanging+Lake+2.jpg

Yeah.....just shoot vertical. You'll get that shot a lot easier than cropping. Nowadays, I always shoot vertical and horizontal for the same spots. I hate getting that "why didn't I" feeling when leaving a spot.

Just came back from Denver. Went to this cool lake after a mile hike up. Thankfully the park has it sectioned off so no a-holes try and swim in it. Looks so nice in person.

Hanging+Lake+1.jpg

Good ol hanging lake. There are still a bunch of **** weeds that go in there or mess with it. They almost shut it down last year. That place is crazy busy. Where else did you check out while out here in Colorado?

Good ol hanging lake. There are still a bunch of **** weeds that go in there or mess with it. They almost shut it down last year. That place is crazy busy. Where else did you check out while out here in Colorado?

I heard a lot about that but it seemed pretty well mannered when I was up at the top. I could see the attraction of wanting to just jump in the lake and take a photo but a ton of rangers were there even to regulate everyone. It's a very pretty spot and can only imagine when the water is really flowing. The hike was annoying enough since it was literally all incline but the reward was nice.

And I was up there for a wedding so I only had about 2 days to do stuff. Went to Red Rock Amphitheater to check that out and then just ate around town and went to a brewery. Wish I had time to check out more.

So Canon did it as well as finally offered a full frame mirrorless. It's not what I was looking for but at least I have confidence now that I don't have to sell my Canon lenses.

Sony is still killing them.

A7III is cheaper and has more features.

I agree but I feel like the Nikon and Canon bodies can be catch up where as Sony has a ton of catching up to do on their lenses. The real take away I want to get from the new Canon and even Nikon is how the autofocus works on their native adaptors on their lenses. If they perform to the point where they autofocus just as fast or faster than a DSLR, than I am convinced to stay. Sony lenses are good but just to move to Sony lenses and get their native lenses just doesn't make sense to me. I think granted if I was starting off shooting now, I would look into a Sony first but since I have only Canon stuff, I want just a full frame equivalent to a Sony A7R3. I hope the next update will bring that.

^Love the colors on that one.

From two weekends ago. Got a ton more just having issues uploading to flickr for some reason.
IMG_5349 by Mayank4585, on Flickr

IMG_5460 by Mayank4585, on Flickr

IMG_5593 by Mayank4585, on Flickr

These shots are great.
I'm plotting on renting some luxury cars and using them in some prom shoots. Gotta find out the best distance lenses. I'm thinking 12-24mm
What aperture range works best in your opinion?

Competition is a good thing. Canon still holds most of the market I believe.

definitely, the a7 series did put a lil' fright into the canon & nikon duopoly...i really do think the a7iii both with its feature set & price point is probably the best camera out for someone that is a hybrid shooter/interested in both photo & video.

i do like that canon popped out with some cool lenses (tho hella expensive & quite massive) for their new system with the 50 f1.2 & the 28-70 f2

Before you used to take these at the shows, now it seems you are doing private shoots?

That's a great comeup, getting paid?

Ever get to ride them?

I used to go to car shows to take pics and meet people but now I just take pics of my friends cars and clients. I get paid for some, others I don't. This particular one I did not. It was monterey car week during that time and I just happened to stumble upon the pagani's while I was shooting my buddies Lambo. I don't know the pagani owners personally so no ride in there haha but I did get one in the lambo since it was my buddies.

I do shoot a lot of bmw's since I have a ton of friends with bimmers but I'm trying to get into the exotic circle more. Got a friend with a McLaren 570gt and another with an R8 so just need to branch off more at this point.

These shots are great.
I'm plotting on renting some luxury cars and using them in some prom shoots. Gotta find out the best distance lenses. I'm thinking 12-24mm
What aperture range works best in your opinion?

That would be dope. Rentals can get pricy especially on weekends or during peak hours I would think so just keep that in mind. If you're going wide angle like that I would do 2.0-4.0. Depends how close you get to the car, if you're doing detail shots or what not. The above were shot at 70-200 and a 35mm for the lambo and interior pic. The sigma art 35mm has been my go to basically since it's a great all around lens.

Mah dudes I'm finally able to update my flickr page. Turns out my antivirus protection is doing it's job so well that it was preventing me from uploading. smh Anyways I updated my flickr with some recent stuff so if you're into cars lmk what you think please!! Some of the stuff is ehh I could've spent more time on it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/yanky4585/

IMG_4807 by Mayank, on Flickr

IMG_4045 by Mayank, on Flickr

IMG_4454 by Mayank, on Flickr

IMG_3480 by Mayank, on Flickr

IMG_2087 by Mayank, on Flickr

That would be dope. Rentals can get pricy especially on weekends or during peak hours I would think so just keep that in mind. If you're going wide angle like that I would do 2.0-4.0. Depends how close you get to the car, if you're doing detail shots or what not. The above were shot at 70-200 and a 35mm for the lambo and interior pic. The sigma art 35mm has been my go to basically since it's a great all around lens.

I plan on using the Turo app. Kinda like Airbnb but for cars.
Do you use flash?

That 4k 60fps was beastly no doubt...just was missing the lowlight capability and shallow DOF that the APSC and Full Frame Sony cams have. But now I'm gonna miss the articulating screen and the ability to record 4k with no time limits and the great weather sealing of the GH5 and a lot of their lenses. Oh well can't have everything I suppose.

Sony is still killing them.

A7III is cheaper and has more features.

I feel like a prophet. Right before I was banned from this photo thread 3-4 years ago I was extolling the virtues of the OG A7 and A7R and how they was coming for the industry. This was back when everyone was on the 5D train. I saw the direction of Sony with the a6000 I bought on the first day of release. I knew it was just a matter of time that their AF tech would trickle up to their FF cams...which to be honest was the only real complaint about their first mirrorless FFs (slow AF).

#negrodamus

293C8D71-4A2D-4C09-95EE-8ADACF2B69B8.jpeg

My documentary setup. Mavic Pro, GH5 (just returned it, will be replaced by a7iii as soon as it ships), Ronin S, Osmo Mobile 2, Manfrotto compact, Sennheiser Shotgun mic, Pana XLR Mic adapter/preamp. This setup if for light quick travel and field work.

57725812-2752-4B64-A564-D58FF823D0A4.jpeg

My no holds barred aerial/ground video capture setup. Everything from my field kit above plus the Inspire 2 drone with the X7 Super 35mm 6k RAW Video camera with Cinema DNG RAW and Apple Pro Res RAW license. Fun fact...only Atomos and the X7 camera have Apple Pro Res Raw capability. Cool thing is the drone records to super fast NVMe PCIe SSD that you insert in the drone, as well as Micro SD where it records H.264 and H.265 proxies simultaneously. The still camera is a 24MP APS-C Sony sensor. We talking almost RED and Arri Alexa level cam on a drone.

Back
Top Bottom