The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I don't thin
Ended up gettin this.

Great choice :smokin

Just pulled the trigger on a tamron 70-200 Di VC USD for $800 shipped brand new :smokin :smokin

Can't wait to start messing with it. Now I just need a manfrotto which is the only thing on my bf list.

Ended up gettin this.

Welcome to the 6D fam :smokin

Any tips or tricks yall can give me on it? Wont swap the lense untill im comfortable wit this cam.

Any tips or tricks yall can give me on it? Wont swap the lense untill im comfortable wit this cam.

For starters I would begin in auto mode when you're shooting and then press the "i" button to get info on aperture, iso, shutter speed. From there if you're shooting the same subject you can tweak one of those three settings and see what changes just to get a feel of the camera. The best way to learn is to keep shooting and use youtube, there's a lot of helpful info on there.

Preciate the info, hopefully i can hit some dope spots this weekend to give it a run for its money.

Thoughts on the Tamron 28-75 2.8 or 17-50 with VC?
Will the lack of an IS for the 28-75 be that much of a big deal?

Canon 24-70 is too much $$$ for me. Using a T5 for street/fashion photography.

Last edited:

I shot both of those when i had a nikon crop camera.

The copy i got of 28-75 was really bad and returned it. Plenty of people have liked it though. Its a very old lens and their 24-70 2.8 VC is FAR superior and you pay for it.

17-50 2.8 was a nice crop lens. They go for dirt cheap used. Got mine for like $200.

Unless you know you're never going to get a full frame camera, i dont recommend getting too many crop sensor lenses.

This i love my 24-70 2.8 II :smokin

i want a 135 2L so badly tho :smh:

You'll make magic happen with the 135L bro. The rendering of the images is out of this world. You get a very 3D-ish look when you nail focus. I just don't use mine as often as I should though :smh:

I still have the 28-75 2.8 that I paired with my old D7000. Used it heavily for a good 4 years and never had a problem. I believe there were different versions though. One with a built-in-motor and one without. I had the non BIM version which wasn't and issue since the D7000 autofocused in camera. Check on that with your T5 to see if its compatible.

As far as image stabilization, I never had a problem with it. The camera is small and lightweight (compared to the Tamron 24-70 VC). Was never an issue taking shots.

I still have the 28-75 2.8 that I paired with my old D7000. Used it heavily for a good 4 years and never had a problem. I believe there were different versions though. One with a built-in-motor and one without. I had the non BIM version which wasn't and issue since the D7000 autofocused in camera. Check on that with your T5 to see if its compatible.

As far as image stabilization, I never had a problem with it. The camera is small and lightweight (compared to the Tamron 24-70 VC). Was never an issue taking shots.

Im just wondering if its worth it having a few of "damn if only this wasnt so blurry" shots due to no IS system. Is this mainly a user error (shaky hands)? Or more the subject moving?

Its really gonna be still shots im taking.

Im just wondering if its worth it having a few of "damn if only this wasnt so blurry" shots due to no IS system. Is this mainly a user error (shaky hands)? Or more the subject moving?

Its really gonna be still shots im taking.
It's just due to shaking hands. Again it's a relatively small and light lens compared to IS lenses and some fast primes (1.4/1.2), but if you're not comfortable shooting handheld go for a lens with IS or use a tripod.

Anyone considering getting the Sigma 85mm art? I still haven't seen anyone really review it yet. Still on the fence whether to get it. Apparently the biggest downside is the size and weight. AF seems to be good or at least better than the Canon 85mm 1.2.

I've got both in the carbon/mag materials, and I find myself using the 290 when I'm not going too far from the car to the spot. However, when I was back packing for 6 months, I had the 190 carbon with me and it was awesome. I guess think about how much you will be carrying it, not what you will be using it... that to me is where you will really find advantages of one to the other. My 190 tilts easily like the picture you posted, and i haven't used that function much.... but thats just me. If you feel like you will use that function, then I would go with the 190.

I've got both in the carbon/mag materials, and I find myself using the 290 when I'm not going too far from the car to the spot. However, when I was back packing for 6 months, I had the 190 carbon with me and it was awesome. I guess think about how much you will be carrying it, not what you will be using it... that to me is where you will really find advantages of one to the other. My 190 tilts easily like the picture you posted, and i haven't used that function much.... but thats just me. If you feel like you will use that function, then I would go with the 190.

Does your 290 also tilt like the 190 in the picture? Would you say there are any advantages of having one or the other? Kinda swaying towards the 190 but I won't be carrying it much at all but would like the tilt feature if I needed it.

Some shots from tonight's fatlace X hotwheels collab although I didn't take any pics of the hotwheels lol

@Fongstarr Were you able to make it out there tonight?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom