The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an unpopular stance but as of today EYE take Philly's side. I agree with everyone that the asking price was way too high and they should have moved him earlier. No doubt that was a major gaffe. But where we stand today, that article puts it perfectly - his value is at rock bottom but the major issue is that they are tied to him for four years. Everyone knows the relationship is strained but it seems clear that the organization feels moving him at his bottomed out value isn't worth it. Everyone talks about Benjamin being dead cap space so they might as well get someone who will play. However but the Sixers also have to consider the length of the contracts of the players they are matching his salary with. It could be they don't want to tie themselves down to pieces they don't want for multiple years.

If other teams are remotely serious about Benjamin then they'd be offering expirings and picks. But they're not and Philly is hanging in there (when healthy) so they're saying "**** him" and letting him rot which he gave them the right to do when he signed an extension.

Philly is taking an L but they are making sure Benjamin takes the bigger L....
all in the game.gif
That’s cool they wanna take the petty tit for tat route and all that…but if that’s what it is don’t wanna hear em crying bout whatever Ben is doing either or how much they “want him back” all of a sudden

That’s cool they wanna take the petty tit for tat route and all that…but if that’s what it is don’t wanna hear em crying bout whatever Ben is doing either or how much they “want him back” all of a sudden
No one on the Sixers side is saying that lol the team has depth without him, problem is that half the depth is out with Rona |l

T- mac def deserve to be on the top 75 list. If I was starting a team today based off the eye test and accomplishments there isn't 50 players I would chose over T-Mac

Also that Magic team was loaded. Dwight was the best player but he wasn't dragging even average players

I know you didn'I say Rudy was the #1 option or carried his team to the Finals. I just had to mention in case you tried to take that 'Dwight being deserving of Top 75 and Goober having the same number of DPOYs' comparison to a level that it does not need to be escalated to :lol:

Also that Magic team was loaded. Dwight was the best player but he wasn't dragging even average players

He was most certainly dragging them on the defensive end which is what anchored their run.

Gotta go dig up that Rafer Alston clip where he said they didn't care about getting beat off the dribble because they knew Dwight was cleaning **** up.

He was most certainly dragging them on the defensive end which is what anchored their run.

Gotta go dig up that Rafer Alston clip where he said they didn't care about getting beat off the dribble because they knew Dwight was cleaning **** up.
If Jameer never got hurt that would have made it real interesting against LAL

First round they played a .500 76ers team
Second round they played Celtics without KG
Third round they played Cavs with LeBron with one foot out the door

Great run but yeah, those are facts

I think any crying about wanting him back is actually a part of going tit for tat.

Benjamin/Rich Paul try to slander Philly for whatever reason
Philly lays out steps for him to come back
Benjamin refuses to comply
Philly fines/withholds salary
Benjamin magically decides to comply
Rinse and Repeat :lol:

I understand that this is the player empowerment era but him and Rich were feeling a little too froggy. The only thing I feel bad about for either party is Benjamin who got horrible, horrible advice so now he's losing money and his career earnings potential has been compromised |l

If Jameer never got hurt that would have made it real interesting against LAL

First round they played a .500 76ers team
Second round they played Celtics without KG
Third round they played Cavs with LeBron with one foot out the door

Great run but yeah, those are facts

That's a hell of way to undersell that Bron team that was a #1 seed and favored to win that series :lol: . BTW, that's a year earlier than when Bron quit. He most certainly didn't have a foot out the door yet.

That's the year everyone thought Bron vs Kobe was happening.

That's a hell of way to undersell that Bron team that was a #1 seed and favored to win that series :lol: . BTW, that's a year earlier than when Bron quit. He most certainly didn't have a foot out the door yet.

That's the year everyone thought Bron vs Kobe was happening.
Yup you're right on the LeBron thing, that was a year later where he quit

Point still remains though. He had some pretty solid talent around him even early on his career

Unfortunately Davis had a lot of misfortune with the Pels regarding the roster all the way to Cousins tearing his ****.. and he was playing in the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom