The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NO LIES.gif

As far as talent goes, prime T-Mac was easily top 75. I would have bounced one of them old school players for him on my personal list.

Accounting for future accomplishments would be a reason to vote for him. I am actually shocked by this, though. Without context and looking purely at accomplishments, it was a lot closer than I expected
1637180820546.png

Dwight was still robbed doe

Accounting for future accomplishments would be a reason to vote for him. I am actually shocked by this, though. Without context and looking purely at accomplishments, it was a lot closer than I expected
1637180820546.png

Dwight was still robbed doe
3x DPOY is a big gap though. That’s the biggest single accolade on the list. Not to mention 2x the all-NBAs, and more team success as the franchise place.

As far as talent goes, prime T-Mac was easily top 75. I would have bounced one of them old school players for him on my personal list.
Am I delusional/nostalgic for feeling like TMac might be > Dame?

Reactions: ace
That’s why I can’t take anybody “side” on this Ben **** …Ben doesn’t wanna be there, the team don’t want him, his value is what it is and won’t change but somehow no moves are being made to end this bs :smh:

It's an unpopular stance but as of today EYE take Philly's side. I agree with everyone that the asking price was way too high and they should have moved him earlier. No doubt that was a major gaffe. But where we stand today, that article puts it perfectly - his value is at rock bottom but the major issue is that they are tied to him for four years. Everyone knows the relationship is strained but it seems clear that the organization feels moving him at his bottomed out value isn't worth it. Everyone talks about Benjamin being dead cap space so they might as well get someone who will play. However but the Sixers also have to consider the length of the contracts of the players they are matching his salary with. It could be they don't want to tie themselves down to pieces they don't want for multiple years.

If other teams are remotely serious about Benjamin then they'd be offering expirings and picks. But they're not and Philly is hanging in there (when healthy) so they're saying "**** him" and letting him rot which he gave them the right to do when he signed an extension.

Philly is taking an L but they are making sure Benjamin takes the bigger L....
all in the game.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom