The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BC37F495-FF2B-4210-85B4-53A33D038F4E.jpeg

We should devote more energy to laughing at antidope antidope and the San Antonio Spurs organization for losing DeRozan in free agency for nothing after not appreciating him the whole time he was there and thinking he wasn't a winner and now leading the Bulls to the top of the east. Oh and they traded Kawhi Leonard for him after he pulled a Ben Simmons and scammed the team with a fake doctor when the Spurs gave him the same diagnosis and load management program that he then went on to utilize in Toronto to win a championship.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

First you go after my boy lawdog1 lawdog1 and now you going after antidope antidope ? Why am I NOT surprised by this :emoji_joy:

I mean there’s someone a few posts above literally laughing at his name.

What is the argument to have Russ over the Buddy/Caruso/KCP combo?

He’s the most turnover prone player in the league who is also one of the worst shooters and defenders in the league. How is this a good profile for the 3rd wheel to play alongside Bron and AD?
1. Time and time again shooters have come here and have regressed (Minor reason)

2. Russ is still a playmaker. When the offense is stagnant from not having a third scorer, Russ brings an energy that is necessary. I know that can be a positive and a negative.

3. What we've gotten from Melo off the bench is akin to what we would have with Buddy.

I know this thread will do what it does and just harp on someone but at the end of the day, Russ isn't being utilized properly for a team like this. He will thrive if he can lead the second unit. He should be out there when Bron and AD are resting, not when he and Rondo are out there together. That is a fault to him as a player but also a coaching issue.

Russ' energy sends the ball either out of bounds or into an opposing player's hands 18% of the time
That's unacceptable from someone who's supposed to be a playmaker

That's unacceptable from anyone actually
If 1/5 of your possessions results in a turnover you shouldn't be playing

I’ll just never understand the segment of Laker fans that just scoff at the idea of Buddy Hield alongside Bron and AD. He’s been one of the best high volume 3pt shooters in the league for a while now. And could’ve kept the team’s 2 best perimeter defenders who are also decent C&S guys. Isn’t that kind of exactly what you’d want surrounding Bron( best PG ever) and AD (one of the best bigs in the league)?

I don't think he was the "sexy" acquisition to that segment you're referring to.

Basketball wise if you surround Bron with a 3 point shooter like that, good things will happen.

There's no real argument in favor of Russ honestly. But the Lakers aren't lacking anything Buddy hield would've offered after they signed multiple shooters for cheap. And Caruso would've been a steep tax hit and they were able to retain THT and finesse Reaves so it's not as big of a loss as people try to make it seem. None of yall liked KCP or Kuz or Buddy until this season :lol:

There's no real argument in favor of Russ honestly. But the Lakers aren't lacking anything Buddy hield would've offered after they signed multiple shooters for cheap. And Caruso would've been a steep tax hit and they were able to retain THT and finesse Reaves so it's not as big of a loss as people try to make it seem. None of yall liked KCP or Kuz or Buddy until this season :lol:

EYE have been yelling “free Kuzma” since draft night. Check your receipts

Nah KCP proved himself during the Bubble and then put up even better efficiency the following regular season. Dude could fit in with any lineup

Westbrook ain’t a better defender he ain’t a. Better shooter and he’s a turnover machine . That’s the lakers third option . Last year it was Dennis as the third and this year it’s westbrick . Say what u want Westbrook ain’t a better fit I’ll leave it at that . Derozan offense over Westbrook offense any day of the week .
I’m of the opinion that they should’ve just ran it back, so I agree. I don’t care for Russ either.

They weren’t particularly challenged by anybody when healthy so I don’t agree with shaking things up

I’m of the opinion that they should’ve just ran it back, so I agree. I don’t care for Russ either.

They weren’t particularly challenged by anybody when healthy so I don’t agree with shaking things up
That team as is isn't beating the Nets or maybe not even Milwaukee. Kuzma and Trezz were dead weight here.

Reactions: MVP
I don't think he was the "sexy" acquisition to that segment you're referring to.

Basketball wise if you surround Bron with a 3 point shooter like that, good things will happen.
That's the thing, Bron aint even out there to complete the puzzle. Buddy with Bron on the sidelines aint making a difference anyway. Monk/Nunn/Melo/Ellington is better than one Buddy. I think the Buddy thing just gets emphasized because he was passed up for Russ but they effectively picked up Russ and made up for whatever buddy would give you. The Russ hate is understandable but the Buddy Love is a joke

That team as is isn't beating the Nets or maybe not even Milwaukee. Kuzma and Trezz were dead weight here.
Not sure how you can definitively say that, when Bron & AD would have a few dudes in the rotation on both of those teams to pick on.

No that's all bs :lol:

But time as 1/2 of the fundamental fabric of reality isn't. Everything that exists in our universe exists simultaneously in space and time and travels through them both at relative speeds as established by Einstein's special relativity and all the other physicists whose works he based it on

So yall can take up your time beefs with their ghosts :lol:

You get it.

That's the thing, Bron aint even out there to complete the puzzle. Buddy with Bron on the sidelines aint making a difference anyway. Monk/Nunn/Melo/Ellington is better than one Buddy. I think the Buddy thing just gets emphasized because he was passed up for Russ but they effectively picked up Russ and made up for whatever buddy would give you. The Russ hate is understandable but the Buddy Love is a joke

Well yeah, my perspective is as if Bron is on the floor. If he's hurt obviously it's moot.

I don't hate Russ I just think he's overrated.

They were telling me without Russ, there was no other alternative to play point guard since LeBron apparently didn't want to again. (And they said Caruso isn't a point guard)
Caruso aint a point guard. pmatic pmatic would always talk about how he could barely dribble :lol:. And I asked YALL what was the alternative at PG and yall gave me diddly. Doesn't mean Russ is a good thing but neither were the suggestions yall had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom