The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like a light switch hit and Grizz going out there not wanting to defend. I still don't quite get what's going on defensively when our only true swaps were Grayson for Bane and Val for Adams in the starting lineup :lol: . Sometimes I forget how young we are and how tough it is to win in this league with a team that young.
Brooks hasn't been there either. That's like 3 new starters

Kyle Anderson also is playing less. JJJ in the lineup again and playing more

IMO this is the perfect time to be young because the guard is changing. In the West it's getting kind of like that period near the end of the Laker's second run from 2008-2010. Conference is about to up for grabs and a young team with talent and experience could be the next OKC/GSW within 3-5 years when Lakers/Clips/GSW age out.

Yep -- one reason I'm happy there was no big consolidation move going into the season and still at an evaluation stage. Eventually, we have to figure out if Jenkins is the man for the job long term. Melton should not be playing less than 25 minutes a night with Dillon back and Konchar was getting all those minutes early on. I thought he learned from that last year.

Biggest concern right now is JJJ. It sometimes take bigs a while, but he has some frustrating games like he's overthinking. Some people are saying the coach needs to get him involved, but I also think he needs to show a bit more aggression (especially on the block).

Brooks hasn't been there either. That's like 3 new starters

Kyle Anderson also is playing less. JJJ in the lineup again and playing more

DB definitely makes a difference, but from top 10 in the league to one of the last in defense is wild to see. Probabaly going to see more JJJ at center lineups soon, which will allow Kyle more minutes as 4. We have to pin Adams down to 20 minutes a night and let it be :lol:

Yeah it is pretty wild swing for MEM defense but there were also a lot of changes to their rotation. Not an excuse just the reality

They should still at least be middle of the pack. Idk if this is damning evidence on Adams and/or JJJ but yeah, I feel like Melton is a solid defensive fill in for Brooks. Bane at least tries on defense right? idk

That JJJ slander :blush: -- i still believe

Yeah it is pretty wild swing for MEM defense but there were also a lot of changes to their rotation. Not an excuse just the reality

They should still at least be middle of the pack. Idk if this is damning evidence on Adams and/or JJJ but yeah, I feel like Melton is a solid defensive fill in for Brooks. Bane at least tries on defense right? idk

PnR coverage and over helping been terrible. DB getting more acclimated will help the perimeter, but Adams (although I feel he's better than JV in drop coverage) still getting blown by guards/wings. Then, they over help too much which leaves open the corner and wing shooters (allowing teams to get great looks). Opposing teams shooting 40% from 3 against us :lol: and we are losing games by 20 or more.

There will be a turnaround, but trying to figure out when. Jaren still has to be better.

So buc em buc em was right about him

Having the same take as buc em buc em and it being true.

E34161A8-8FA5-491D-9ED8-01653634C60A.jpeg

I guess it must be the championship pedigree, but Alex Caruso gets the kind of leeway from refs to play really physical defense that’s usually reserved for guys who have made all-defense a few times.

This is not a criticism. Good for him.

Bron gonna be chomping at the bit at the end of this Lakers run to play behind Evan Mobley back in Cleveland. I hope Sexland comes back 💯. They have a legit core now with those twin towers, that defense and a dynamic backcourt. He’ll surely bring along at least one vet to feel at ease.

These Lakers not winning anytime soon. Might as well ride the youth movement and try be the difference maker in a different role.

Its gonna be exciting there regardless. This kid is gonna be in MVP conversations sooner than later.

The Cavs future looks bright right now but 38 going on 39 y/o Bron "chomping at the bit" to play with that young squad seems like a stretch.

The most recent report I could find through a curusory search was from April 2020 and it said the one-and-done rule is not likely to go away any time soon because the union doesn't want all teams to have full access to the HS player's physical and medical evaluations.

I mention that because I ultimately think Bron will try to end his career where Bronny starts his. So he might sign a one-year for 2023-2024 in LA or CLE after his current deal is up then do his farewell tour in 2024-2025 with his son. After writing that down and seeing the dates, it seems outlandish but it fits with how he moves.

I guess it must be the championship pedigree, but Alex Caruso gets the kind of leeway from refs to play really physical defense that’s usually reserved for guys who have made all-defense a few times.

This is not a criticism. Good for him.
If he played more minutes last season, I think he might've got a spot. I think he has a real chance this season because he's gonna be playing 30 MPG.

Does it work? Might pivot there if I don’t get these cool greys lol
I just bought some stuff. Capital One extension just added it in.

Also didn't even realize Cool Greys were dropping again. Still have mine in decent shape from whenever they released last.

I just bought some stuff. Capital One extension just added it in.

Also didn't even realize Cool Greys were dropping again. Still have mine in decent shape from whenever they released last.
What’s the code?

My 2010 CGs bout 1 step from the midsole complete exploding like Zion in the Kyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom