The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A4842696-E23F-4853-BEE0-0DFBC576AA36.gif

I thought it was peculiar the Clippers would bring three rookies to the main roster this season, like maybe they were prepping for a stealth tank if things went awry. But then I looked it up and the Thunder own their pick this season.

I thought it was peculiar the Clippers would bring three rookies to the main roster this season, like maybe they were prepping for a stealth tank if things went awry. But then I looked it up and the Thunder own their pick this season.

Yep. A tank would just be gift wrapping a lottery pick to OKC.

I mean, what’s your reasoning for thinking it’s wild that he’s on there? He’s better than a bunch of other guys on the list too.

6x All-NBA
5 Top 10 MVP shares
Top 100 all-time in both points and assists
10th all-time in 3s made

Probably has like 5+ more seasons of high level basketball in him to climb up rankings and accumulate more individual accolades. Kinda seems like a no brainer.
I just don't see him as more deserving than some that were left off and there's no argument for including him that wouldn't make me go "Well what about Paul George?"

I really cant see this Clippers team not being a lotto team. I know the West is weak, but man PG would have to have damn near a MVP caliber season.

I really cant see this Clippers team not being a lotto team. I know the West is weak, but man PG would have to have damn near a MVP caliber season.
I actually don't think the west is that weak in terms of easiness to claim a top 8

The only teams not competing are OKC and Houston

All other teams outside of LAC, are competing and have talent, injuries or not. LAC just don't have enough in the chamber

Him playing like an MVP might not even be enough. We’ve already lost two games in which PG put up 40+.

I just don't see him as more deserving than some that were left off and there's no argument for including him that wouldn't make me go "Well what about Paul George?"
Doesn’t have the MVP shares or the all-time rankings like Dame but he’s a really, really good player. All-defense teams too.

He’s better than some of the 90s/00s guys that made the list as well. Would have even more accolades if not for the injury and if he didn’t just happen to play in an era where the wings that are his contemporaries are some of the greatest players ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom