The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
Since the Palmers don't have the Frankenstein toebox I'm in....I have a feeling these are gonna be like the Sprite 8 release...

fahqu001 fahqu001
Just read your story bro. Terrible to hear. Sorry you had to go through that...

But in terms of pricing...collecting isn't so bad. Some of the brands you listed make great products at reasonable or acceptable retail prices.

Someone in this thread earlier summed it up nicely by saying he got a pair of Vet Day 8's for $80...and we all know what they were made of. He said after getting them in hand he felt foolish for shelling out the crazy prices for the crap they're peddling out these days...

Last edited:
Anyone got release date for the Lebron XII "wheats". Not showing up on nike's release calendar. I read March 8th but detroit kicks says March 3rd.....?

Last edited:
@Fahqu001
Just read your story bro. Terrible to hear. Sorry you had to go through that...

But in terms of pricing...collecting isn't so bad. Some of the brands you listed make great products at reasonable or acceptable retail prices.

Someone in this thread earlier summed it up nicely by saying he got a pair of Vet Day 8's for $80...and we all know what they were made of. He said after getting them in hand he felt foolish for shelling out the crazy prices for the crap they're peddling out these days...
That's not my story. That was @blacklion23   and it was terrible. To be honest, that's one reason I don't show what I have and don't keep all my shoes in one place.Fortunately, I have safe places to put things over 4 different states. Crazy to think you have to be that careful, but you do. When people are stuntin' on IG, just remember, people can put the pieces together and can make you a victim real quick. I've actually contacted my insurance to fill them in on my collection, in the event something bad did happen. Blacklion, you should make that loud and clear for everyone, and "unspoil" it. That should be required reading for EVERYONE.

You should take it away. Sometimes I look in my closet and I'm disgusted at how many shoes I have ... but then the next release I'm buying more lol. Nike is only the overlord in this sickness. Asics has been a close second taking my money lately. This sick person behind the keyboard has no brand loyalty. I got it all lol. Nike, Asics, Saucony, Adidas, Diadora ... the list goes on 
frown.gif

I repped you because of the cold hard truth you presented. I'll put this in a spoiler since everyone may not care to read.
The summer of 2013 I sat in my sneaker room and considered getting rid of it all. I valued my collection worth between 35 and 40K. My main reason was because in order to keep my job I had to relocate to another state and city. They did some dirty mess and told us we would all have a "opportunity" to work. They didn't let us know until a couple of months before the layoff that the "opportunity" would have to be in another city for some, based on seniority. This forced families to make quick decisions nobody was ready for. In the end, I couldn't make the move. I figured selling off my collection would hold me over after the layoff. I procrastinated because I truly wasn't willing to give the collection up, loved it too much. One day I decided to sell about $1200 worth a kicks. Guess somebody watched me load up the kicks and made some plans of their own. Someone in the neighborhood got hold to my IG and I guess saw a gold mine. Remind you this is far from a nice neighborhood. The kids and the so called gangs were rising. Went to my little cousins birthday party, came home, the entire house had been ran through. Of 250 plus kicks(including my wife's) only about 40 was left. Felt like years of my life and work was all for nothing. About 6 months later a smaller incident happened. A cousin I've looked at as a best friend took the opportunity to steal DS Powder Xs and white/infrared VIs. The realization hit me. Not only was I able to see how caught up others were into these material things, I realized how caught up I had became.
Man, that's horrible. Repped for sharing.

Smh so sad what people would do for sneakers nowadays, I've had cousin I haven't spoken too in months text out the blue with financial problems days before a release. Ignore them but visit their page and they have the newest Jays and a shout out to another family member.

Crown Jewels do nothing for me as far as nastalgia goes. DH are cool too but I wouldn't flip out for either.

Anyone got release date for the Lebron XII "wheats". Not showing up on nike's release calendar. I read March 8th but detroit kicks says March 3rd.....?

I'm wondering the same. Someone also said its only going to be on the Snkrs app only which concerns me because I don't think I can use my gift cards and discount code on there.

So can we expect a wider release in the US for the red lows???.....there was no confirmed or given release date and all off a sudden FTL dropped them??....i see only select number of FTL got them on the release locator and no online release!!

Order a pair of Court Vision from eastbay earlier since I missed my size on SA. Can't wait they are my 1st pair of 12's.

I'm wondering the same. Someone also said its only going to be on the Snkrs app only which concerns me because I don't think I can use my gift cards and discount code on there.

If you live near a nike store or factory store then you can return and rebuy to use gc. Discount code isn't likely tho.

And i don't see them on the app and I've been checking each day the last few days.

Last edited:
That was me. Nike over here selling one piece mesh booties for $200 and I'm finding quality all day for under $100... the problem ain't them, it's me for continuing to get down. I think the era of the "must have" mentality is over for me.

Also, putting the DHs next to the CJs makes me realize how much i really don't like the one piece bootie design (and that LJ on the laceguard)..I like layers and sections (instead of that glue to simulate sections) and that chain link fence look is kinda ehh after a while

maybe thats why I like the wheats construction so much but will still pass on the colorway

besides that blob of a speckle job, them DHs would've looked 100x better like that

I could get used to the medial pink posite... i think the volt is what really makes it weird

Back
Top Bottom