THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Those elite halo Protos are basically going for retail on StockX and goat. What a time to be alive.

You wv

You ever get that email? Lol. Nothing on my end still
Nope. Sent them a general inquiry email asking status of my order. Hopefully will get shipping by next week. Don’t know why it takes them forever to ship.

EDIT: Just received a reply from them which was unexpectedly quick. They said they experienced a delay on shipments and would ship my order by the end of this week.

Last edited:
Nope. Sent them a general inquiry email asking status of my order. Hopefully will get shipping by next week. Don’t know why it takes them forever to ship.

EDIT: Just received a reply from them which was unexpectedly quick. They said they experienced a delay on shipments and would ship my order by the end of this week.
Good ****, thanks for the response. I’d emailed them the same email like 3 times and still never even got a response and was losing hope lol hopefully I get a email this week too. Cheers

Just delivered from EA from Tuesday... they are pretty clean!
1000040635.jpg

Would you say they are bigger? (Protro 9's) vs the Originals?
Longer(pause). I don't have my university reds anymore but def don't remember space like that in them.

With the OGs for some reason... don't know if it was for everyone. The elite highs I got and 11 and the low was 11.5. I think I tried on an 11 for the elite low back then but joints were tight and def didn't feel the same as the highs. So had to then get the 11.5

Longer(pause). I don't have my university reds anymore but def don't remember space like that in them.

With the OGs for some reason... don't know if it was for everyone. The elite highs I got and 11 and the low was 11.5. I think I tried on an 11 for the elite low back then but joints were tight and def didn't feel the same as the highs. So had to then get the 11.

Ah got it. I downsized to 8.5 for the high's since they felt bigger and were perfect for balling. But after a while the insoles compressed so it felt a little bigger, which was fine. The lows yeah, I sized up to 9 but that was for casual wear. Trying to plan it out when they FINALLY re-release the MPs. Those are really the only pairs I want of the 9 Highs.

Ah got it. I downsized to 8.5 for the high's since they felt bigger and were perfect for balling. But after a while the insoles compressed so it felt a little bigger, which was fine. The lows yeah, I sized up to 9 but that was for casual wear. Trying to plan it out when they FINALLY re-release the MPs. Those are really the only pairs I want of the 9 Highs.
Yea the Halo 9 highs that I help laced navajo laced navajo with which were an 11. I didn't try them on but I can't imagine they were like these with some toebox space resulting in me now wearing a 10.5 in kobes... which I have never done in any pair of kobes I've owned since 06

I'm saying for the same sz I got in the OGs... these feel more roomier in the toebox. I don't have my OGs anymore to compare in real time.... but don't remember that space in the toebox.

Actually..... just tried on my EM ID 9s and the same space is there. So forgive me for the confusion. Getting old... with trying to remember 2014. So yea Protro elite highs and lows I gather gonna replicate the OGs... so what ever size you got in them back then(of course if your feet still the same).. get the same size

Just wanted to share some insight on the sizing convo.

I like my sneakers to be 1:1 fit. Not tight hitting the edge of the shoe, but I don't like having a lot of dead space either. Just to give context, I'm a TTS 10.5 and in shoes like the Nike FOG or Jordan 1's and 5's I will usually go down half a size.

I have a slightly narrow foot.

When the 9 highs first came out, I was putting my Lebron XI insole in them because of the dead space. My first pair of 9 highs were the MP's and then I went for the Gumbos. I remember sizing down to a 10.0 in the gumbos with no issue.

Even though I asked about sizing recently, I forgot about the dead space in the shoe until reading the convo in here today.

I had a pair of 10.5's in the Halo High's arrive today and they fit perfect. I didn't feel the dead space I recall dealing with in the OG's. I would recommend going TTS

(As much as I would have preferred a zoom strobel these are still really comfortable)

Back
Top Bottom