THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Blowing the dust off all my Kobe's:

20220415_085821.jpg

How do you like the NBA ball?
I’ve owned a lot of basketballs over the years….Evo Baden, TF-1000 to name a few and the official ball is literally the best one of them all after you break it in.

I normally just play with it to warm up and do drills. Very rarely will it actually be used for any games. It’s kind of slick dry unless you’re used to it, but the more you sweat the tackier the ball gets. Today we ran with a slightly new Evo…I think every few possessions we had to wipe sweat off the ball, it was like trying to play with a wet bar of soap. I’m just smh the entire time because one of the guys tried telling me how his ball was better. So I think it’s great, obviously it’s good enough for the pros but at the same time not good enough for the average LA Fitness hooper LOL go figure

I’ve owned a lot of basketballs over the years….Evo Baden, TF-1000 to name a few and the official ball is literally the best one of them all after you break it in.

I normally just play with it to warm up and do drills. Very rarely will it actually be used for any games. It’s kind of slick dry unless you’re used to it, but the more you sweat the tackier the ball gets. Today we ran with a slightly new Evo…I think every few possessions we had to wipe sweat off the ball, it was like trying to play with a wet bar of soap. I’m just smh the entire time because one of the guys tried telling me how his ball was better. So I think it’s great, obviously it’s good enough for the pros but at the same time not good enough for the average LA Fitness hooper LOL go figure

Most aren’t used to the NBA ball and once they touch it they think it wack and fake! :rofl:

And you’re right, nobody wants to play with an NBA ball. Once you’re warmed up then the ball’s much better. I warm up with FIBA basketballs then I use the NBA balls.

I’ve had two or three Evolutions and got rid of every one and finally gave up on them alt. I got my first three years ago and haven’t looked back since. The Molten FIBA basketballs are good too.

The new Wilson ball’s nice too and has a slightly better than the Spalding.

My nba ball gets clowned. We hoop with Baden and evos. But I LOVE the nba ball doing drills and just shooting. It’s nice and dark and extra broken in after 2 years

What sucks is warming up for 30 min with the NBA ball then playing games right after with the Evo and not being used to it. They’re so different

My nba ball gets clowned. We hoop with Baden and evos. But I LOVE the nba ball doing drills and just shooting. It’s nice and dark and extra broken in after 2 years

What sucks is warming up for 30 min with the NBA ball then playing games right after with the Evo and not being used to it. They’re so different
Like playing ball with a sponge...

It's funny cause I'll be shooting around with my rock making shots and I know people are watching like this guy can shoot ... and then we switch to the Evo and I'm out there looking like Anthony Davis bricking jumper after jumper for the first few games lol until I adjust.

A ball is a ball, but there is a huge difference between leather and synthetic. All good though!

Interesting. Never played with an NBA but I love Evo’s, and it’s what my team uses.

Interesting. Never played with an NBA but I love Evo’s, and it’s what my team uses.
I use an evo as well. I would think most people would want to warm up with the ball that they'll be playing with for games. People be bringing their fuzzy *** old balls to warm up with and I can't even. If I remember correctly the NBA wilson ball was like 180 or something. Hell even with 50% off that's still pretty steep. I remember the good old days when TF-1000s were like 50 bucks.

I use an evo as well. I would think most people would want to warm up with the ball that they'll be playing with for games. People be bringing their fuzzy *** old balls to warm up with and I can't even. If I remember correctly the NBA wilson ball was like 180 or something. Hell even with 50% off that's still pretty steep. I remember the good old days when TF-1000s were like 50 bucks.
I believe mine was $170 with 50% off brought it down to around $85 and another 15% off of that = $73 plus tax

A new Evo is what? $65-70, so not much of a different IMO

My man looked at the price of the official basketball and

1650403984948.gif

1650404044414.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom