THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

My nba ball gets clowned. We hoop with Baden and evos. But I LOVE the nba ball doing drills and just shooting. It’s nice and dark and extra broken in after 2 years

What sucks is warming up for 30 min with the NBA ball then playing games right after with the Evo and not being used to it. They’re so different

Like playing ball with a sponge...

It's funny cause I'll be shooting around with my rock making shots and I know people are watching like this guy can shoot ... and then we switch to the Evo and I'm out there looking like Anthony Davis bricking jumper after jumper for the first few games lol until I adjust.

A ball is a ball, but there is a huge difference between leather and synthetic. All good though!

Wow I’m glad it’s not just me! :rofl:

I got rid of my Evolution months ago but I used to practice with it just so when I played with people I wouldn’t be thrown off so much.

But I really didn’t like playing with it so I called it the sh*ty ball :rofl:

It actually wasn’t as bad as I make it seem because when I played with it it was ok. But switching from the NBA ball to the sponge aka Wilson Evolution you’ll notice the difference.

It got so bad after warming up with the NBA that when it’s time to play with other basketballs that I looked like I didn’t know how to dribble or shoot!

I’m shooting airballs, I’d drive and the ball would bounce out of bounds! :rofl:

Most have never touched or played with an NBA ball so it’s foreign to them and they don’t want to play with it. If they warm up and play a few games with it, once someone hands them an Evolution I doubt they’d want to play with it again.

Most have never touched or played with an NBA ball so it’s foreign to them and they don’t want to play with it. If they warm up and play a few games with it, once someone hands them an Evolution I doubt they’d want to play with it again.
In your opinion, how does it differ from the Evo? Feel as you dribble? The way it bounces? Easier to palm?

In your opinion, how does it differ from the Evo? Feel as you dribble? The way it bounces? Easier to palm?

Evo’s feel squishy, spongy and soft.

I know that I make it sound bad but they actually aren’t that bad. I pumped mine up to 8.5 psi or something like that and then the Evo was aight.

They dribble solidly so no complaints on that end. It’s just the feel. I also have to shoot it slightly differently than an NBA or FIBA ball.

They say the NBA ball forces you to shoot perfectly and the Evo’s are more forgiving. I would say it’s mental but it’s not. You can feel the difference between basketballs and there’s just slight adjustments that you have to make when shooting them.

Another thing. Out of the box the old Spalding basketball was horrible! So I can understand why people didn’t want to use it especially if it wasn’t broken in. It’s hard, slippery, almost feels like plastic and fake.

And depending on how much you used it, it could take a year or more to break it in. Yes that’s entirely too much. Even now I only like it if I’m warmed up.

The Wilson’s better out of the box and doesn’t take as long to break in and wasn’t as slippery.

And no the NBA balls aren’t life changing, you just notice the changes and like playing with it more than the other basketballs.

Evo’s feel squishy, spongy and soft.

I know that I make it sound bad but they actually aren’t that bad. I pumped mine up to 8.5 psi or something like that and then the Evo was aight.

They dribble solidly so no complaints on that end. It’s just the feel. I also have to shoot it slightly differently than an NBA or FIBA ball.

They say the NBA ball forces you to shoot perfectly and the Evo’s are more forgiving. I would say it’s mental but it’s not. You can feel the difference between basketballs and there’s just slight adjustments that you have to make when shooting them.
I know what you mean about the squishy, spongy feeling. I used to play only with TF1000s before, but finally made the switch over to the evo because everyone always plays with that at the parks. Like I said, I'd rather warm up and practice with the ball that will actually be played with in game. And nope, never played with an NBA ball but it does sound like it differs quite a bit and takes some breaking in and getting used to. But yea, I'm not gonna drop that dough on em, especially since I'm not even sure if they still have the 50% off going on. Brand new evo was like 65 or 70, no way I'm paying market 200 for it

You guys play w/ Evos on an outdoor court?
That’s what I was about to ask, I would assume the concrete would absolutely shred that soft material on the Evo.

I would get an Evo, but I play outdoors 90% if the time, so it wouldn’t be worth it.

I do although I know I shouldn’t. Mostly because all the indoor courts here were closed during Covid and are only now opening back up. Plus not like my friends have keys to indoor gyms. If I used my ball and shoes for indoors only, they’d never get any usage. But yea, def shouldn’t be used for outdoors. It’s not in terrible shape though

I use an evo as well. I would think most people would want to warm up with the ball that they'll be playing with for games. People be bringing their fuzzy *** old balls to warm up with and I can't even. If I remember correctly the NBA wilson ball was like 180 or something. Hell even with 50% off that's still pretty steep. I remember the good old days when TF-1000s were like 50 bucks.
The New ball almost $200:stoneface:

Official NBA ball feels..hard. Ive never played with a broken in basketball but my friend used to work at the NBA store years back and got an official ball, he’d bring it into hoop days at this gym we would rent out but no one ever wanted to actually play with it. :lol: It def feels diff, I def know what people say when they refer to Evo’s as spongey and soft. NBA ball feels weird when you first dribble it around or even hold it. Makes you think, are these balls supposed to be this hard?

Pause.

Man I forget which cheaper Nike basketball, but theres one that I always get for outdoor ball and I love it. I actually need to pick up a new one, ill drop it in here when I do. No idea what the model is but I know it when I see it. :lol:
Might be the Nike Elite ball. Or something like that, I sometimes see people with that at the courts. I just picked up another wilson ball from costco. It's not an evo though, but good enough for outdoor ball. Figured I'd use that once my evo starts coming apart or shows some real wear from playing every sunday.

Might be the Nike Elite ball. Or something like that, I sometimes see people with that at the courts. I just picked up another wilson ball from costco. It's not an evo though, but good enough for outdoor ball. Figured I'd use that once my evo starts coming apart or shows some real wear from playing every sunday.

I think it might be those. I like em alot, feels good even when a little dirty and dusty.

I just get the cheap $15 basketballs at Walmart cause I go through them so fast. (Like I said, 90% of all my playing time is outside)

B0DC6EE4-F3B1-425D-9ECC-4F40F545025C.jpeg

That purple came in the mail just time for 4/20

Back
Top Bottom