The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

@airmaxaddict
View media item 753909
Yes it was footpatrol I ordered from. My box came a bit beat up because they don't double box (part of the JD sports/size group). It's completely shocking to not receive a box at all, I'd be majorly upset. As far as I can tell, this model was just a standard box though.

Last edited:
Sports Authority does this too. My SA Navy MC Flyknit Lunar1's I ordered came in... just a bag too. :tongue:

Last edited:
Which modern am90 is better? Hyperfuse or Lunar90? For a causal fit I had the '10 retros and the paint cracked

My most comfortable am90 is my navy indy pack one... the lunar90 is a softer ride then standard am90's but the 'mesh' just feels stiff compared to the indy packs. Go to your local shop and try them on.

2010 infrared sz tag

Nike iD sz tag

atmos 3M tiger camo sz tag

HOA infrared sz tag manufactured in a different factory then the current AM90s

also nike have changed the shape from the upper from the AM90s in 2013, in the hope that nobody will noticed

the shoe is now less high compared to the older version, the heel tab is smaller and also the toebox is less round at the front

the toebox shape from the vietnam version is slightly better compared to the china versions

but the heel tab and the height of the shoe is still the same as the china AM90s

http://www.leifwild.co.uk/how-to-spot-fake-nike-air-max-tell-tale-signs/
Thanks for that. Yes you can definitely see the differences from the different factories/countries. Hopefully when folks start getting their iD's in they'll post pictures for some visual comfirmation on how the current shapes are looking for the various iD builds.

I find my tape infrared a more comfortable them the lunar ones. ^^^co sign on the stuff feeling of the lunars. And the inner liner padding isn't as plush

I find my tape infrared a more comfortable them the lunar ones. ^^^co sign on the stuff feeling of the lunars. And the inner liner padding isn't as plush
Yup, the inner lining of those lunars are more rigid. You can feel it all if you wear thin no show socks which makes it a pain wearing all day. I like my comfort tapes too but I hate how they get obvious looking creases quickly, albeit it does straighten out quickly too after stuffing it with a shoe tree at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Sometimes it is good to live in europe 
smokin.gif

does anybody have any LIVE pics of a light lucid green shoe? id really like to see the actual color before committing to an iD

Bought the Lunar 90s, I didn't really like them and returned them. They were too much like a running shoe and not enough of a sneaker and I didn't like the fit/materials. 

This was going to be my first pair of infrareds, now I wish I had gotten the hyperfuse or tape ones 
frown.gif

best white laces/length for the lunar am90 infrared? Really need to get rid of the black and go with the white.

Bought the Lunar 90s, I didn't really like them and returned them. They were too much like a running shoe and not enough of a sneaker and I didn't like the fit/materials. 

This was going to be my first pair of infrareds, now I wish I had gotten the hyperfuse or tape ones 
frown.gif
For your first pair of Infrareds, I'd suggest going with the real deal, basic Air Max 90 version.  You won't truly know what the Infrared 90 is by wearing any of the teched-out versions, IMO.  

For your first pair of Infrareds, I'd suggest going with the real deal, basic Air Max 90 version.  You won't truly know what the Infrared 90 is by wearing any of the teched-out versions, IMO.  
the real infrareds are the 2001,2002 and the 2003 version

the retros that came after the 2003 release isnt just the same imo

when you compared them with the earlier retros, the first 3 retros are much lighter in weight

and also contains a sjitload of padding what gives your foot that super snug and comfortable fit

like if you are walking on marshmellows, also there is no forefoot air in the midsole after the 2003 retro

the 2010 version from the infrareds that i own feels like a brick compared to my Euro Foot Locker MX Orange from 2001/2002
sick.gif

if you get a chance you should takee some detailed pics for the team. I keep seeing the same picture of them (side profile shot on every site).
Per your request:
Is there any difference in quality btw this release and making the same sort of hyperfuse ID on NDC?

Sorry if these has been asked before but I came across this ID on the bay and fell in love with them but lost the auction

Since then ive been BS and doing research on the colorway lol

Thanks for any input/help

Last edited:

the real infrareds are the 2001,2002 and the 2003 version

the retros that came after the 2003 release isnt just the same imo

when you compared them with the earlier retros, the first 3 retros are much lighter in weight

and also contains a sjitload of padding what gives your foot that super snug and comfortable fit

like if you are walking on marshmellows, also there is no forefoot air in the midsole after the 2003 retro

the 2010 version from the infrareds that i own feels like a brick compared to my Euro Foot Locker MX Orange from 2001/2002
sick.gif
Thanks for the advice guys. What would you suggest that is a good deal out there? It seems like people are always wanting to charge and arm and a leg for Infrareds. I'm usually thrifty and  buy my sneakers when price drops.  I have also heard something about the 2010s paint chipping/cracking? 

Last edited:
Just got 3 $20 FNL Rewards in the mail!!! Plus I still have a few 20 off 100 coupons.....Today is going to be a GOOD DAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom