The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Today...2004 "Midnight/Stealth"

V vig09 Nice pickup. I love those. The quality is really nice on them IMO. I'm not mad at the "Vintage" gimmick on these or the LBs.

Those light Blue FK are kind of dope. Are we still thinking the Infra FK around AM day?

roll.gif
look at how thin that mudguard is, its like if its suffering from anorexia or something like that !!! @ Nike W T F ??!!!
mean.gif

sick.gif

why just not remove the whole damn mudguard just like with the Air Max Plus Ultra if you wanna save money on the manufacturing costs 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Do you have a material cost breakdown? How do you know the flyknit is cheaper than the mudguard?
its not about if the FK is cheaper than the mudguard material, overall by using less materials you can make more shoes out of a sq ft of leather or FK or what ever material it is, its just like cutting your cocaine or heroine to squeeze more profit out of it

If you build it, (and slap a swoosh on it) they will buy.

These look aight and I'm sure they're super comfortable. Im still holding out for the 1 reshape though.

its not about if the FK is cheaper than the mudguard material, overall by using less materials you can make more shoes out of a sq ft of leather or FK or what ever material it is, its just like cutting your cocaine or heroine to squeeze more profit out of it
I guess I don't follow. They are using the same amount of material. They just chose to use more flyknit material than mudguard material. The only way they'd be saving money is if the flyknit is cheaper. Truth is we don't know why they did it. I can see an argument for both sides. I just think sometimes we get caught up in "anything that isn't OG sucks" and I just don't agree with that. If they need to use more flyknit to make it more comfortable for daily wear then I'm ok with that.

I guess I don't follow. They are using the same amount of material. They just chose to use more flyknit material than mudguard material. The only way they'd be saving money is if the flyknit is cheaper. Truth is we don't know why they did it. I can see an argument for both sides. I just think sometimes we get caught up in "anything that isn't OG sucks" and I just don't agree with that. If they need to use more flyknit to make it more comfortable for daily wear then I'm ok with that.
they didnt used more FK material, nike just decided to use less mudguard material, if you remove the mudguard from the FK upper there will be still FK material underneath the mudguard, nike is famous for cutting corners like changing the shape from the shoes, using less padding inside the shoe etc etc, dont tell me that making a shoe with less padding will improve the comfort from a shoe, i have old AM90s from the early 2000s that have a ton of padding inside the shoe and they are 10 times more comfortable compared to the ish what they nowadays are pumping out

they didnt used more FK material, nike just decided to use less mudguard material, if you remove the mudguard from the FK upper there will be still FK material underneath the mudguard, nike is famous for cutting corners like changing the shape from the shoes, using less padding inside the shoe etc etc, dont tell me that making a shoe with less padding will improve the comfort from a shoe, i have old AM90s from the early 2000s that have a ton of padding inside the shoe and they are 10 times more comfortable compared to the ish what they nowadays are pumping out
Agree on padding. Not sure I agree on the flyknit/mudguard.

AM90 Pink Pack. The swoosh here looks like it would work but it's named "Olive Flak" so I feel confident they'll be more green than gold and that wouldn't work.

EDIT: I pulled out my AM1 Pink Pack and the swoosh has some green to it. It's not a gold gold at all. Hmm...

Last edited:

It's a nikelab version so let's see if an "essential" will have the same midguard.
i can already tell you that all the FK 90s release will have the same anorexic mudguard it makes no difference whether its NikeCrap or Essenstial it will all be the same and over a few months they will probably gonna update the FK uppers with the 2.0 Ultra midsole

i can already tell you that all the FK 90s release will have the same anorexic mudguard it makes no difference whether its NikeCrap or Essenstial it will all be the same and over a few months they will probably gonna update the FK uppers with the 2.0 Ultra midsole
They already have the 2.0 ultra midsole

I think the skinny mudguard works well on theflyknit version. Its sleeker, which is what flyknit is about. The black shoeis overdose though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom