The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

What’s after ‘Dark’

Still gotta watch spike lee joint and stranger things.

Glitch good?

Couch potato season for the win

Isn’t it a documentary about a motel owner who spied on his guests? Saw the trailer and the guy agreed to it and then seemed to get angry at the reporter when it showed how much of a perv and creep he was.

From the Premise 'Dark' seems similar to Stranger Things... no?

Yes it would fit that genre IMO but much more of a thinking show (my head was spinning at times trying to keep up... to me it was a mix of Stranger Things (more for adults, way more thinking & mind benders than Stranger Things), The OA (in a sense), Donnie Darko (I highly recommend this movie especially if you liked anything I listed), it's one of my tops of all time). If you havent watched Donnie Darko, it's on Netflix now, incredible cast, and story... it was made with a budget of only 1 million dollars too). It was quickly forgotten about though, until it picked up years later with DVD sales going through the roof. Its theatre release was 9/11/2001:rolleyes ... With a twist of its own identity, but I would lump all those together in the same eerie, sci-fi, mind bending supernatural type thrillers.

Yes it would fit that genre IMO but much more of a thinking show (my head was spinning at times trying to keep up... to me it was a mix of Stranger Things (more for adults, way more thinking & mind benders than Stranger Things), The OA (in a sense), Donnie Darko (I highly recommend this movie especially if you liked anything I listed), it's one of my tops of all time). If you havent watched Donnie Darko, it's on Netflix now, incredible cast, and story... it was made with a budget of only 1 million dollars too). It was quickly forgotten about though, until it picked up years later with DVD sales going through the roof. Its theatre release was 9/11/2001:rolleyes ... With a twist of its own identity, but I would lump all those together in the same eerie, sci-fi, mind bending supernatural type thrillers.

Gonna watch Dark based on the praise it's been getting on here.
Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies of all time also. I watched it in theaters(even watched the sequel :lol:)
Def one of those cult classic films, and a film that put the Gyllenhaals on the map as well as Jena Malone:blush:. Swayze(RIP) was great also
I remember expecting greatness from Richard Kelly from then on and then "the box" happened

"Sometimes....I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion."

just started voyeur...both of the dudes are giving me the creeps...dude seen his aunt naked and says "that's when i started liking boooobs"..

Gonna watch Dark based on the praise it's been getting on here.
Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies of all time also. I watched it in theaters(even watched the sequel :lol:)
Def one of those cult classic films, and a film that put the Gyllenhaals on the map as well as Jena Malone:blush:. Swayze(RIP) was great also
I remember expecting greatness from Richard Kelly from then on and then "the box" happened

"Sometimes....I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion."

LOL Man... thought I was one of only 10 or so people who actually even watched the sequel actually anticipated it :smh: (if you can even call it that). Kelly had a small sparkle with Southland Tales IMO then just kept falling deeper. I do not like watching movies multiple times, but Darko I could watch anytime, anywhere or decade. I know you cought Seth Rogen in there too right?

LOL Man... thought I was one of only 10 or so people who actually even watched the sequel actually anticipated it :smh: (if you can even call it that). Kelly had a small sparkle with Southland Tales IMO then just kept falling deeper. I do not like watching movies multiple times, but Darko I could watch anytime, anywhere or decade. I know you cought Seth Rogen in there too right?

Yup fresh off that run from "Freaks and Geeks"

The OA was straight trash, started off good then went to ****... Donnie Darko & stranger things are great so ill check out dark

The OA was straight trash, started off good then went to ****... Donnie Darko & stranger things are great so ill check out dark

It starts out kinda slow so be patient I fell asleep like 3 times, before I got halfway through episode 1... but once I got sucked in at about the half way mark of the first episode I was hooked...killed the series in like a day.

just started voyeur...both of the dudes are giving me the creeps...dude seen his aunt naked and says "that's when i started liking boooobs"..

Theres a point where Gay talese can charge it to the game .....but he get wqys passed that point

is El Chapo Season 2 up tonight? :nerd:

Looks like i need to check out Mindhunters and Dark.

Someone said the Dark is like Stranger Things?? I hope not. couldn't get into ST at all.

It’s more like interstellar but on earth and some strangeresque mystique sprinkled in...terminator esque.

A lot of esques but it’s good.

Back
Top Bottom