The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Marco Polo was typical "white dude in foreign land running @#%#". Instead of making it even semi realistic, they had Marco Polo basically become a Mongol general, personal adviser/son like figure to the Khan, martial arts expert, and of course the dude that smashes everyone :lol:
I couldn't finish a episode of Polo. It seemed too corny.

Marco Polo wasn't perfect and it was on some White Savior **** but it had some good performances (Kublai and Hundred Eyes) and some good choreography. They hired a lot of Asian actors which was a good look and the White Savior did get washed in the first season.

True, the non Marco Polo scenes weren't bad. I just couldn't stand the main character of the show, which is a problem :lol: If you edit out his parts, it's a good show IMO.

I didn't mind him. He was a normal behaving European bam margera. He was getting the good Mongol and Chinese yambs.

Last edited:
Marco Polo wasn't perfect and it was on some White Savior **** but it had some good performances (Kublai and Hundred Eyes) and some good choreography. They hired a lot of Asian actors which was a good look and the White Savior did get washed in the first season.

Its really kinda sad Kublai Khan (Benedict Wong) was great in it, and I liked the 100 eyes character too. It's like I was saying, if they had just made it about the Mongolian Empire it might still be running, they've done viking shows and Roman empire shows but the Ottoman and Mongolian empires haven't really been touched.

I dunno, the show was pretty good for what it was but i'm not sure if a show about the Mongols would be popular. It'd probably have to be about Ghenghis and not an already established empire without much fighting. There was that movie Mongol about this stuff that I never got to finish.

benedict wong got fat as hell for the show. He must've messed up his health if it wasn't a fat suit and prosthetics he was wearing.

Man Bloodline is a complete mess right now.

Who are these characters? They've all gone off the deep end :wow:

Lord Have Mercy on them all :rofl:

I dunno, the show was pretty good for what it was but i'm not sure if a show about the Mongols would be popular. It'd probably have to be about Ghenghis and not an already established empire without much fighting. There was that movie Mongol about this stuff that I never got to finish.

benedict wong got fat as hell for the show. He must've messed up his health if it wasn't a fat suit and prosthetics he was wearing.

Yes of course, I should have been a little more specific the show would obviously have to start with Ghengis and go from there. It's not gonna happen, but I think it would have made a better show than what Marco Polo turned out to be, and I actually liked the show, and yeah Wong was super fat... I didn't even know it was him when the first season dropped, not until I IMDB'D it.

I made it to ep4 before I went to bed.

I do appreciate them adding Beth(Ozzy's friend) and Julia (detective at John's office). They are cuteness, especially Beth. She's a looker for real.

Man been watching Riverdale since 3 am cause i couldnt sleep

Its good for a cw show
Its not cringey but i like thsir take on the alternatjve archie world

Jugghead is kinds homeless
Archie banging a teacher
Betty on psych meds

Also some dies the first episode

Finished the OG Twin Peaks yesterday. Bruh i woulda been mad af in 91 that they cancelled the show after THAT ending

Makes me even more interested to watch the return series. Gon watch the movie first tho & then ill be completely caught up

Last edited:
Holy **** Sally Rayburn!

Wow?!?! Episode 7. The confession to John when he gave her a ride home form court :wow:

Man. First time I ever seen Schindler list. Great film.
Really sad too :frown:

Mad at myself for seeing it this late. At the same time really great to be able to experience it.

Back
Top Bottom