The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I just set a loose monthly budget for these streaming apps collectively. Right now I have Netflix and Hulu, used to have HBO Max also but for some reason there was an issue and I lost it and just never bothered to get it again. I didnt mind paying for all 3 and as for price hikes, while they suck never really bothered me since its one of those things you either deal with or dont. I spend money on dumber things, I can live with $100+ a year for a sub plan.

Haven't started Netflix in weeks. Think i'll just purchase the non Netflix originals I watch often on Amazon, finally catch Russian Doll, last season of Ozark then that's it.

Yeah I don't get it, I thought they already had an app. They really did bring it all back around to the cable model, crazy. Time to go back to the original "cord-cutting". Hey I tried to be good, but these companies couldn't help their greed.

Yeah I don't get it, I thought they already had an app. They really did bring it all back around to the cable model, crazy. Time to go back to the original "cord-cutting". Hey I tried to be good, but these companies couldn't help their greed.
Man between all the apps plus wifi I was Spending premium cable package money (200). I miss the OG cord cutting days,

geez, after cancelling several Netflix shows, the board members came up with this b.s....

haven't these guys learned enough that greed and satisfying shareholders is the recipe for killing your established business. they should have figured by now that what started this downward trajectory is the overpriced subscription fee they started recently.

very close to closing our subscription now if they are going to put ads out there. nothing against ads but when you pay premium for a service, there shouldn't be any of that. rant over.

Some of y'all are plowing through these shows way too quickly.

I've paced myself and managed **** so that I got stuff to watch on Amazon, Max, Paramount, and even netflix for the next year. Also I never gave up cable shows.

But hey the more y'all cancel will force these guys to switch up even more.

Last edited:
Like I said like 5 years ago.

This will all end up being more expensive cable TV.

eventually the less successful streamers will close up shop
and will licence the IP to that last remaining 3, prob Netflix, Disney and HBO Max.

and hey maybe Peacock and Paramount+ might be bundled into Netflix ect
as this alien concept called a "channel" :lol:
Word after paying for internet and a gazillion apps we’re probably right back at square one. Sorta like how Uber is more expensive than cabs and Airbnb is more than Hotels now.

I've paced myself and managed **** so that I got stuff to watch on Amazon, Max, Paramount, and even netflix for the next year. Also I never gave up cable shows.

But hey the more y'all cancel will force these guys to switch up even more.
well its not just about that but about the premium you pay for the content. Netflix so far charges a lot more than any of the existing providers and yet has regional restrictions as far as content goes. I mean, that kind of crap shouldn't even be existing for premium members but they charge like they are saying you are paying for the quality of the stream and the number of devices playing. seriously? I can have that service with any of the other providers without paying for premium.

well its not just about that but about the premium you pay for the content. Netflix so far charges a lot more than any of the existing providers and yet has regional restrictions as far as content goes. I mean, that kind of crap shouldn't even be existing for premium members but they charge like they are saying you are paying for the quality of the stream and the number of devices playing. seriously? I can have that service with any of the other providers without paying for premium.
Oh I totally get not wanting to pay their rate or w/e it is now or going to be now that they e raised it. I don't even pay the full price for netflix and don't ever want to.

Did not like the pacing of the final episodes of ozark.
Chrome Discover page just spoiled the finale :angry:. Google needs an option to hide any stories pertaining to current shows/movies and the cast. This isn’t the first time this has happened…

just resetted my netflix account today after the wife complained about some movies being watched under her profile which she never considered watching. I went and checked my account further and saw some devices are streaming and some downloads thru my account. decided to change my password, ask for some personal info regarding my account to be sent to me for further assessment, then logged off all devices under my account. that would keep those freeloaders off my account now.

just watched this today and very good western.

Attachments

• MV5BM2ViYWUzODctMGU2ZS00NzRjLThmOTAtYTUyOTE3OTFkYmI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3MjE2MTY@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BM2ViYWUzODctMGU2ZS00NzRjLThmOTAtYTUyOTE3OTFkYmI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3MjE2MTY@._V1_.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 1,062
This.
I have been off of the Super Binge Highway for sometime now.
I got to where I don't even watch Week to Week shows tht I've been on for Several Seasons Prior.
I catch those on the binge in their entirety.
I still have the last 2 Seasons of Queen of the SOuth, last Season of SNOWFALL, ATLANTA, last 2 Seasons of Outlander, last Season of SUccession, last 2 Seasons of Billions, LOKI, Winning Time, The Gilded AGE just to name a few.
I've been rewatching some older shows.
Just did a rewatch on SOPRANOS that took 5weeks, gave me some breathing room that I really didn't need.
I have a few new shows that I added.
I will catch Better Call Saul immediately after the finale airs, I need to catch the Prequal to YELLOWSTONE.
SO many.
I've turned into what I like to call, a responsible viewer.
WIth all of the rewatches I've been getting in NETFLIX is a must.
HBO MAX as well.
Speaking of, Flight Attendant just fired up Season 2, I will watch it in it's entirety the day the finale S2 airs.
NETFLIX still the GOAT to me.
SO much on there and so much still to be added.

Back
Top Bottom