The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

There's just too much quality competition to stick with netflix and all that crap they have for so much more money.

Only reason I got it now is cuz of a deal I got paying $9 (split 3 ways). Recently they texted me about the increase. I'm out of it gotta pay double digits.

Netflix been lackin with the scripted content. Ozark and Stranger Things the only shows worth watching IMO, and both of those are coming to an end. They do put out a good doc every now and then but it still aint enough to get me to stick around, especially at the steep price-point (think I'm paying $25/mo. now :sick:). After Stranger Things ends I'm for sure canceling.

Last edited:
I used to read all the Netflix complaints and scoff thinking that people just wanted a reason to complain and wouldn’t cancel their membership.

Then I caught myself last week preparing to cancel.

It really has lost its luster in a lot of ways. Not really dropping great content with the frequency that they used to.

Just canceled HBOMax and Disney+ is on notice.

After the initial rollout where they were spending on a bunch of experimental TV, all these streaming services kind of slowed down.

We’ve finally reached the point where these apps are just as cumbersome as a cable subscription.:lol:

Just canceled HBOMax and Disney+ is on notice.

After the initial rollout where they were spending on a bunch of experimental TV, all these streaming services kind of slowed down.

We’ve finally reached the point where these apps are just as cumbersome as a cable subscription.:lol:
Yeah HBO Max is close to getting it as well.

I got Disney+ when they had the special where you paid $100 or so dollars for three years. After that is up, it's canceled for sure.

I only keep netflix because my family still watches stuff on it. Probably another price hike in 6-8 months. Saw something that they might offer cheaper plans with ads.

Russian Doll came back for a season 2 - time travel? Show was all over the place for me.

Netflix will always be my go to simply because I binge.

I hate waiting a week to watch the next episode.
Yeah…but they’re going to have to shift to the weekly drip and ads and raise their prices and crack on sharing. They really need a few more exclusives. They added Kobra Kai. Eventually they’ll have a Squid Game sequel. But with the Binge model, it’s only short attention. Their movies also aren’t great quality.
If it wasn't for Marvel related content, I wouldn't even use Disney+
Disney automatically gets Marvel, Disney and Star Wars films/catalog. They’re about to drop Obi Wan. I’d actually say the exclusive Disney content is the weakest portion. And HBO Max has Winning Time, just dropped Batman, has a spiritual successor of the Wire. Just better options than Netflix. When they were up, they should of bought a studio or two.

Yeah…but they’re going to have to shift to the weekly drip and ads and raise their prices and crack on sharing. They really need a few more exclusives. They added Kobra Kai. Eventually they’ll have a Squid Game sequel. But with the Binge model, it’s only short attention. Their movies also aren’t great quality.

Disney automatically gets Marvel, Disney and Star Wars films/catalog. They’re about to drop Obi Wan. I’d actually say the exclusive Disney content is the weakest portion. And HBO Max has Winning Time, just dropped Batman, has a spiritual successor of the Wire. Just better options than Netflix. When they were up, they should of bought a studio or two.

I see your point. It works for me cause I catch a lot of the cooking shows, docs, and Netflix originals. I’ll surf for a few minutes and find an international series or something so I’m content.

I have kids so my days are one big Groundhog Day of a routine. So when I get that day off or weeks off for holidays I want to binge watch.

I only keep netflix because my family still watches stuff on it. Probably another price hike in 6-8 months. Saw something that they might offer cheaper plans with ads.
Same here. I haven't watched Netflix since the first half of the Ozarks final season. I'll tune in next week and after that it'll probably be a wrap. I got charged this morning and was shaking my head like why am I paying for this ish.

Russian Doll came back for a season 2 - time travel? Show was all over the place for me.
Was just about to fire up the old Netflix and check this out. Kind of apprehensive as season 1 felt like a complete story. Not sure where they go from there.

That price hike coupled with people being back outside - causing Netflix to scramble.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom