The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Recommendations for docs?
I have long driving commutes and would like to listen to some good, informative ones. I have Hulu, Netflix, Prime, HBO
No Tiger King BS :lol:
Listen? On a long drive? Pshh find a podcast instead lol.

It's funny cuz Tiger King was a podcast before it hit Netlfix lol It's a good listen.

Over My Dead Body - 3 seasons each is a different story. I enjoyed all three.

71808d0a7956daac98ec6a4ae73a6e314b04e49f694ce654a4abb22b77894db0c6658e8fdeef3c91ce08a45abb6a49dfe539cb341bebe6512e24f60ae1847af5.jpeg

bd6bb43863023d6173ff2774a79d85c5b2217d5054ce44bfc46c4f81f988e11337eeae85ed06ec5d88643a0c80a71bf6f1410951f23d5c3679bcb0bf0891db65.jpeg

e1f5359a8e20a2d8b21006c9085da8f04d63226d22db5e896e7dcfbffa75fe4bfb93062f6b8afd7c49c931edce783c6aca2e38be46e6d5389975b9323a07bb56.jpeg

Cot damn, started 2011 only 3 seasons and 18 episodes?

Gonna be easy to binge this.
The original show ran for two seasons. 4 episodes each, which is not uncommon for a British show

It got canceled in 2013. It was presumed never to comeback

It was a cult classic in the UK. Drake became a fan of it years later, after its cancellation, and help bring it back at Netflix

And the third season had a bigger episode run since Netflix was involved, debuted in 2019

The original run got a new subtitle, Top Boy: Summerhouse, to differentiate it from the Netflix continuation series

But the first season of the original is not on Netflix anymore, only the second season

For those who are about to watch Top Boy, the first 2 seasons are titled Summer house. Watch that first. 3rd season is called Top Boy with 10 episodes.

The original show ran for two seasons. 4 episodes each, which is not uncommon for a British show

It got canceled in 2013. It was presumed never to comeback

It was a cult classic in the UK. Drake became a fan of it years later, after its cancellation, and help bring it back at Netflix

And the third season had a bigger episode run since Netflix was involved, debuted in 2019

The original run got a new subtitle, Top Boy: Summerhouse, to differentiate it from the Netflix continuation series

But the first season of the original is not on Netflix anymore, only the second season
I know the deal with British shows but did not know it was cancelled.

Ain't no way 11 years pass with only 18 eps to show for it :lol:

I'll be able to find the original season.

Brits had a run. Well the eu/uk cause that Irish show love/hate was good too

Attack the block, top boy, kidulthood/adulthood and other Noah Clarke films, misfits, Luther, demons never die with Ashley…man, I could go on.

Recently got back into Breaking Bad and man, it's ******* engrossing. I'm enjoying it way more than Sons of Anarchy, Mayans, and Ozark. I do think Top Boy and Snowfall peaks my interest almost as much.

I saw Top Boy before Summerhouse and you dont REALLY need to watch Summerhouse first but if you plan on watching it all then obv yeah watch in order.

I think we had to wait over a year for Pt. 2 os season 5 after Hank dropped that deuce lol

You mean the ending ending?

you mean the twist that the little girl did it or glenn close on the plane

It was the greatest show on Netflix 😂

The parody was so well done. The killer, the marriage dynamic, the handyman, the way the daughter was killed…perfection 🤣

Just started the new season of Ozark. I can’t stand this kid lol I should’ve done a rewatch before starting season 4

Damn Zik ain't seen a banger? **** goin on.
I heard good reviews but just held off.

I was running through so many I was running out. The Brit shows burn me the most. 4 great episodes and then gotta wait like a year and a half for the next 4 :smh: No need to watch season to season. Learned my lesson from Luther.

Same reason I'm saving up on Peaky Blinders after watching s1. Only a few other shows I got in the tuck like that.
pennyworth on hbo max worth it?
Yeah, its good enough.

Recommendations for docs?
I have long driving commutes and would like to listen to some good, informative ones. I have Hulu, Netflix, Prime, HBO
No Tiger King BS :lol:
I was about to drop a GEM on you until you said “listen to”

I found this YT channel that only does DOCS on unknown killers(some Serial but mostly teens knocking off HS mates and ****) that had me in a 2 week Rabbit hole.
Legit watched over 20 of them.

You want to watch those joints though not just listen

Has anybody watched IN FROM THE COLD on Netflix?

Was reading the synopsis and it’s about an American Wife posing as a Russian spy. Said some **** about shape shifting and I chalked it up to them referring to changing their appearance with wigs and dress, but I start this joint and the first three scenes for the opening show 3 different murders/instances with 3 different characters and before they engage they have Blue eyes that change from Blue to their natural color, now I’m thinking these fools might be legit shape shifting. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Back
Top Bottom