The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I couldn't stomach Don't Look Up. It just felt so thick, which was probably the point. I watched about half of it, and was kind of tired of trying to find a common thread that interested me.

I go to therapy every week to talk about how it seems like most people are sleepwalking through life and responding to algorithms. Watching a parody of it just annoyed me. :sick: :lol:

EDIT: Alright, so I finished it this morning. Got a bit more tolerable toward the end, and the message started to be a bit more clear. I'm definitely missing the brilliance other people saw, though.
I restarted it this morning but wasn't able to finish it yet since I have to go to work. I'm getting the references like how serious issues are getting ignored for the sake of personal agenda, how stories can be sensationalized for the sake of ratings and entertainment. Basically from what I can see is how society treat serious matters as a joke.

I restarted it this morning but wasn't able to finish it yet since I have to go to work. I'm getting the references like how serious issues are getting ignored for the sake of personal agenda, how stories can be sensationalized for the sake of ratings and entertainment. Basically from what I can see is how society treat serious matters as a joke.
100% and it's so true.

I think I'm already so frustrated and focused on it on a day to day that watching it be exaggerated made me wanna tell all the actors to just shut up. :rofl:

One positive thing I will say is Mark Rylance killed me every time he was on the screen. The delivery was :rofl:

This happened to me once :lol:

But even worse cuz for this job I'd wake up around 7. So I came home from work a bit early after not sleeping much and knocked out. I woke up a quarter to 8. This was the summer where the sun is still setting after 7 but I thought it was rising :rofl: :rofl: I'm rushing for work like I'm late.

Good thing the tv was on.
It happened to me quite a few times, including summer where sundown is really late.

I couldn't stomach Don't Look Up. It just felt so thick, which was probably the point. I watched about half of it, and was kind of tired of trying to find a common thread that interested me.

I go to therapy every week to talk about how it seems like most people are sleepwalking through life and responding to algorithms. Watching a parody of it just annoyed me. :sick: :lol:

EDIT: Alright, so I finished it this morning. Got a bit more tolerable toward the end, and the message started to be a bit more clear. I'm definitely missing the brilliance other people saw, though.

This is actually a natural reaction to the movie considering how close it hits to home. I was pissed off for half of it with laughs thrown in. :lol:

I thought Don’t Look Up was funny, a lot of truth to it, and directly connected the comet as a metaphor for something like global warming too (ticking time bomb that more than half our nation is ignoring).

Random thoughts:

-Criminal Minds season 1 was decent, if not binge worthy. Season 2 has been absolutely dreadful, I theorized it could be due to the Writer's Strike, and idk if I'm correct but I checked and Season 2 was during the same time as the strike so hopefully it gets better in Season 3

-Big Mouth overall was hit or miss but I def binged a good portion of it. I just seen that Season 5 was out and the first episode was unwatchable. I had to turn it off. Sad

It’s basically 2022 and people still complaining about masks and vaccines. Don’t look up was just one big mirror
Not only that but our planet is burning, could be in deep trouble from global warming in 20-30 years, yet we have elected officials that don’t believe it. Matter of fact, there’s likely more millennials and Gen Z folks that know more about random Tik Tok people and the Kardashians’ lives than they do global warming or COVID.

what's new that came out the last couple of months that I should be watching? Is that Kevin Hart show any good?

Watching Red Notice, trash just like I thought it would be. I expected nothing less with three ****ty actors. Ryan basically been playing Daredevil for the past 20+ years and people act like every role is a new showing by him. The Rock been making bulls**** big budget flops year after year. I think the best role I saw him in was probably Ballers and that is not saying much. Gal giving us her usual Fast & Furious level acting.

I never would have turned this on but dad is visiting and had to put something on.

Not only that but our planet is burning, could be in deep trouble from global warming in 20-30 years, yet we have elected officials that don’t believe it. Matter of fact, there’s likely more millennials and Gen Z folks that know more about random Tik Tok people and the Kardashians’ lives than they do global warming or COVID.
You know what I might be in the minority but I don’t care who they are watching as long as it ain’t the kardashian trash. They are so talentless I am sick of them.

You know what I might be in the minority but I don’t care who they are watching as long as it ain’t the kardashian trash. They are so talentless I am sick of them.
I actually don't care what our generation or the next watches either, but my concern is that some folks invest all of their attention to media/entertainment and neglect real important issues in the world. I'm guilty of this until the past 3-4 years tbh.

Back
Top Bottom