The Official NBA Season Thread: Season Starts Now

Folks gotta stop clutching pearls about some "bad" words. :lol:

You cuss. I cuss. People cuss. Who the **** cares? This man plays a damn game for a living--what does it matter if he throws a few choice words in there? How does this affect you or anyone or anything?
I care.

You don't have to.

I care.

You don't have to.

… again, you can’t expect the tik tok/IG generation who speaks with memes and whatnot, to know how to speak. Look at the music they listen too :lol: :lol: :lol:

These kids don’t have a clue about public speaking. Blame the US educational system

Lamelo ain’t any different than the average male or female from his peer group

Some dude called me “twin” one day and I said boy, I ain’t your mfing twin. Gone somewhere with that. I’m 36 years old

Nah, LaMelo is different most of these kids make more of an effort to say something beyong "Gang" everytime they speaks. He's also never really been in school since he was 14, he pretty much been a professional hooper since then so I don't really blame him.

Ultimately you can point fingers at the "school" but it's really the culture/parents. If your parents don't emphasize education and learning outside of school there is only so much you're going to get out of the 6 hours a day you're at your school.

… again, you can’t expect the tik tok/IG generation who speaks with memes and whatnot, to know how to speak. Look at the music they listen too :lol: :lol: :lol:

These kids don’t have a clue about public speaking. Blame the US educational system

Some dude called me “twin” one day and I said boy, I ain’t your mfing twin. Gone somewhere with that. I’m 36 years old
Yea that "twin" mess kills me. I could see if it only was used in situations where folks looked alike. I've seen it used in cross gendered with some of these kids.

But, yea you are right about LaMelo. :lol:

ADVERTISEMENT​

Just unnecessary man. Ant does a lot of cussing in press conferences as well. I guess it's a way to be "Authentic" or whatever but I'm not a fan of the lack of professionalism in those settings.

I commented on it somewhere but I have spoken out against Ant doing it. He is honestly the main culprit in the modern game.

Did you have issue with Ant's "F*** Buddy" in the Adidas commerical?

Yea that "twin" mess kills me. I could see if it only was used in situations where folks looked alike. I've seen it used in cross gendered with some of these kids.

But, yea you are right about LaMelo. :lol:

I commented on it somewhere but I have spoken out against Ant doing it. He is honestly the main culprit in the modern game.

You're consistent. Continue, no complaints from me.

Did you have issue with Ant's "F*** Buddy" in the Adidas commerical?
Once again, I don't care either way. End of the day, I watch sports to be entertained and that's where it should begin-and-end. But do you not think there is a difference between post-game media and a marketing campaign?

People go a long way to condone stupidity/toxic behavior. But we watched that whole squad act like a bunch of crash dummy's for the past few years, I think it's fair to call them out and hope they mature into more well-rounded humans for their own sake, and for the children who unfortunately look up to them.

Why though?

How does someone cursing in a post-basketball game interview affect you or anyone else?
I am a coach. It sets a bad example. Many young kids love LaMelo. So simply put, I want the people that people I care about to do right while in the public light. It's bigger than just "Pearl clutching."

I think it's fair to call them out and hope they mature into more well-rounded humans for their own sake, and for the children who unfortunately look up to them.
Bingo.

Where did we hit this point where parents are no longer the main person responsible for raising their kids and it is now pro athletes and entertainers.

When did parent accountability disappear? If you want your kid not talking like Lamelo teach them not to.

You still got a og? lol

I AM the OG…twin.

p14591831_b_v8_ab.jpg

I think it's fair to call them out and hope they mature into more well-rounded humans for their own sake, and for the children who unfortunately look up to them.
Bingo.
You're consistent. Continue, no complaints from me.

And before anyone tries to hit me with the predictable, "Well what about players of the past." Yea, I have always had an issue with it. Barkley, Shaq, Kobe. JJ Redick in his initial Lakers press conference. To me it serves no purpose. Do better.

Parents will always be the ones responsible, that's why I defended the schools as a source of blame.

But unfortunately, having been a former educator, I've seen some of the parents lol. So it's going to take a community effort of expecting better from everybody.

A co-worker of mine called me twin in the work group chat. I don’t think I’ve spoke to him since. I just turned 35, don’t call me twin mf :lol:

It's not the educational system it's the parents.

It's not the educational system it's the parents.

Agreed. Moms going to the club with their daughters. Fathers sagging hard around their boys. Look at Rondo hotboxing with his son in the car :lol: :rofl:

My cousins pops just came home from a 15 year bid. She’s 33 and he 62. They routinely hit the strip club together :rofl: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom