The Official NBA Season Thread: Media Day for Most Teams | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

twitter-duck.gif

He's on that Westbrook pack.

Wouldn't even break the bank if I were ESPN for a new Woj. Think big trades will be scarce in the future because of the CBA and not sure it's noteworthy if a sixth or seventh man signs.

ESPN still has a deep stable with Windy, Bontemps, Momo, Spears, etc.

I didn’t know Pete Rose died today too. RIP to him.

And RIP to Dikembe.

I watched his Nuggets team upset the #1 Sonics team. He always expressed his joy, humor and passion on the court. I didn’t know about his humanitarianism and am happy in his life and after, he saved lives in the Congo through the building of that hospital.

As many have expressed in this thread, I hate cancer and lost my mother to it. I’m deeply sorry he had to endure that pain in his last days and for the loss to his family.

RIP Dikembe. That run in 2001 with AI had the city and all the suburbs going crazy! Was such a fantastic time. You will be missed TREMENDOUSLY!! 😢😢😭😭

I'll never forget, listening to the end of the Bucks/Sixers Eastern Conference Finals when the Sixers clinched the series to move on to the Finals for the 1st time since 1983! I was driving on Rt 30 and stopped at the light right in front of Villanova. Lots of people were walking around with their Sixers gear on, but this was WAY before smart phones. So no one knew they clinched and were going to the Finals! I had the game on and people asked and I told them Sixers won the series. Everyone started cheering. Was a FUN TIME back then!

We may have lost, but we gave LA their ONLY loss that playoff year and Game 1 of the Finals will live forever!!

While us fans lost a tremendous basketball player, the world lost an even better person! The world is a better place having Dikembe Mutombo a part of it.

RIP!! 🙏🙏😇

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom