The Official NBA Season Thread: Media Day for Most Teams | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

His career isn't over so hard to say, but I think if you think Dream is head and shoulders above Jokic that's just nostalgia.

Dream was better at the start of his career but not sure his peak is really touching what Jokic has done the past few years.

What makes this a good one?

I would say the level of competition at their position during their careers makes it not an argument.

Jokic is amazing but with all due respect I would take Dreams 100 times out of 100.
Joker might be the best big offensively since Wilt but I'll never put him ahead of players who were dominant on both ends.

He's become a solid defender but the Dream was all-world with it

Grading Dream defensively as the best ever when guards in his era were not anywhere to the caliber of guards today is why these cross-generational comparisons are kind of pointless.

The game is so much faster-paced, and off the bounce skills are so much higher, he would have to defend so much more space today. And he was a mobile guy so maybe he would look better idk, I just think these discussions are kind of pointless. Is Dream really a better defender than KG/Duncan, I don't know.

I would have Dream ahead of Jokic right now all-time but I just watched Jokic play against Team USA and be the best guy on the court. If you think he's better I'm not mad at that either.

Dream was missing the playoffs during his prime, and couldn't get it done with the original super team. How much helps does Hakeem need?

Et37cxqWYAINK7-.jpg

With his skillset Joker getting buckets against every great 5 in the history of the game.

But he's also getting cooked at the other end.

Dream was missing the playoffs during his prime, and couldn't get it done with the original super team. How much helps does Hakeem need?

Et37cxqWYAINK7-.jpg

:lol: And At which stage in those men's careers did they join up? Just trying to make sure the expectations you are throwing out there matched up with reality at the time.

Last edited:
I was being facetious, but Pippen did promptly leave and lead a team to a G7 of the WCF...but yes, they were older but that doesn't stop people from doing the same thing here with other guys all the time.

Barkley, Dream and Drexler won 57 games in '97 and were probably better than the Jazz (one of my earliest basketball watching memories was the Stockton three from that series). He was older but so we're Stockton, Malone, Jordan etc. he was hardly washed up at that point.

Back
Top Bottom