The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For as great as lebron is he cant beat an all time great team like the warriors by himself.

He could put up monster numbers and they would still lose if gsw's role players came to play the last two games.

This series would be over already if hb and shaun and co. came to play the last couple of games regardless of what lebron did
Goes both ways though. If Cavs bench actually did anything and Kevin Love hit any of those 3's he put up Cavs would be just as likely to beat GSW. Your main star is always what wins or loses it in the end. Look at OKC. They had GSW on the ropes. Their tombstone was written and Klay and Steph went mental while Durant and Westbrook reverted.

I always here about how mentally tough Steph is and how he has a "killer instinct". Unless he plays out of his mind Sunday and by that I mean at least 35+ that narrative should be out to rest. Those attributes fit Klay nore than Steph.

I feel like what GSW has done all season will come back and GS will win. But this is not the same Warriors that started this series and for sure the MVP is not 100% but whatever. Two finals he's been meh. I would like to see a close game and someone pull away.

But if Bron plays well and they just lose, is it really all his fault? I mean in elimination games he's produce. Will this game 7 erase what he's done?

I feel just worn out from people talking about his legacy and I've always been in the middle when it comes to Bron but if he produces and they lose to a mountain of 3s by GS he showed up this finals. Yeah gm4 was trash but he's pushed it a gm7. He's a great no matter what. The finals record to me is 2-3 in reality. Saying MJ would've won against the Spurs in '05 and last year GS is just funny.

Let's appreciate greatness and not going straight to who needs to be blamed.....but for real HB has no agent and I can't wait to hear why he thinks he deserves more than 16M....Washington fans should be worried. But yeah him going to the Lakers with Luke makes sense.

*ye shrug* This thread moves WAY TOO FAST :lol:

Last edited:
If Barnes and Livingston even make a third of the shots they took last game, GSW should manage to get the W. They were 1-14 combined :x

Can't have two vital contributors do something like that and expect a win.

If Barnes and Livingston even make a third of the shots they took last game, GSW should manage to get the W. They were 1-14 combined
sick.gif

livingston came out ON FIRE then extinguished and hasnt been seen since lol. he better go back to the bread and butter. but the real problem is steph is having a lot of trouble breaking the double team so its interrupting the offense. he keeps getting stuck at mid court like a rookie. this is his and kerr's fault. theres no way at this level that a double team should be stopping a POINT GUARD like this. im not saying he should be splitting the double team all the time or anything like that, but from an IQ standpoint, 2 people on you means someone is free. take advantage of that and wreak havoc. and they STILL have not done this yet in the series. kerr looking funnier in the light seeing how he hasn't realized this yet. every time they double steph. they should be made to pay for it. this team has too many shooters for them to not be able to pass out of a hard double team

I feel like what GSW has done all season will come back and GS will win. But this is not the same Warriors that started this series and for sure the MVP is not 100% but whatever. Two finals he's been meh. I would like to see a close game and someone pull away.

But if Bron plays well and they just lose, is it really all his fault? I mean in elimination games he's produce. Will this game 7 erase what he's done?

I feel just worn out from people talking about his legacy and I've always been in the middle when it comes to Bron but if he produces and they lose to a mountain of 3s by GS he showed up this finals. Yeah gm4 was trash but he's pushed it a gm7. He's a great no matter what. The finals record to me is 2-3 in reality. Saying MJ would've won against the Spurs in '05 and last year GS is just funny.

Let's appreciate greatness and not going straight to who needs to be blamed.....but for real HB has no agent and I can't wait to hear why he thinks he deserves more than 16M....Washington fans should be worried. But yeah him going to the Lakers with Luke makes sense.

Man ain't nobody trying to hear that. We trying to get these slanderous takes off fast and furious. GS has looked far from an all time dominant team this entire postseason outside of the 1st round. Bron and Kyrie have been unstoppable the past 2 games, they have enough to get it done. No excuses.

livingston came out ON FIRE then extinguished and hasnt been seen since lol. he better go back to the bread and butter. but the real problem is steph is having a lot of trouble breaking the double team so its interrupting the offense. he keeps getting stuck at mid court like a rookie. this is his and kerr's fault. theres no way at this level that a double team should be stopping a POINT GUARD like this. im not saying he should be splitting the double team all the time or anything like that, but from an IQ standpoint, 2 people on you means someone is free. take advantage of that and wreak havoc. and they STILL have not done this yet in the series. kerr looking funnier in the light seeing how he hasn't realized this yet. every time they double steph. they should be made to pay for it. this team has too many shooters for them to not be able to pass out of a hard double team
agree completely . Seems like all the easy buckets/ cutting to the basketball has been nonexistent the past few games.

Man ain't nobody trying to hear that. We trying to get these slanderous takes off fast and furious. GS has looked far from an all time dominant team this entire postseason outside of the 1st round. Bron and Kyrie have been unstoppable the past 2 games, they have enough to get it done. No excuses.

I agree here. This feels like Bron's best chance to win for Cleveland. Warriors are hurt and running on fumes and Bron is on best in the world level right now. Gotta go in there and take no prisoners.

agree completely . Seems like all the easy buckets/ cutting to the basketball has been nonexistent the past few games.

refs allowed the cavs to be physical with the holds, bumps, grabs. guys aren't moving freely. bogut and dray are great at setting screens, but with bog out and dray suspended, offense was not flowing. they jumpin out on klay and steph. guys like harrison has to make shots. wouldn't mind him cutting to the basket every once in awhile

Last edited:

I tend to agree.

Hopefully GS starts hot and doesn't look back. They just need to stop with the "fancy" passes and rushed shots. They had smooth ball movement in the games they won.

The Warriors are finishing up practice, and Andre Iguodala (back) is not on the court.
— Rusty Simmons (@Rusty_SFChron) June 18, 2016

i hope they are holding him out of practice to be safe, but it'll be tough with him gimpy
ya got a locomotive coming down hill with confidence. iggy hurt, bogut out :x

w's got to jump out early. hit 3s and have have cavs flustered.

Last edited:
Curry need to drop that craigslist ad to round up all Bron exes and Delonte West, so they can sit courtside gm 7

refs allowed the cavs to be physical with the holds, bumps, grabs. guys aren't moving freely. bogut and dray are great at setting screens, but with bog out and dray suspended, offense was not flowing. they jumpin out on klay and steph. guys like harrison has to make shots. wouldn't mind him cutting to the basket every once in awhile
even beyond that. steph wasnt even playing smart on the double. he let them do what they wanted. the way to break a double team for the warriors is to stack the 3 point line.

since im taking a break right now heres a crudely drawn plan of what i mean

steph is bringing the ball up top double teamed. itll look something like that. they always force him into a corner. if his teammates were stacking a side like 1+2, or 3+4, the other 2 can float just as outlet options. its an easy bucket every time. soon as the double comes swing it to either #3 or #1 who can either shoot or drive or quick swing to the corner man. theres not enough personnel to rotate or recover since theyre trying to get back from the high double at mid court. youd have them tired out and demoralized BY halftime. when the 3rd quarter starts they would have to live with single coverage on steph or continue to get killed.

I always here about how mentally tough Steph is and how he has a "killer instinct". Unless he plays out of his mind Sunday and by that I mean at least 35+ that narrative should be out to rest. Those attributes fit Klay nore than Steph.

he's getting pts, but his efficiency has dipped. he goes stretches where he isn't hitting shots. need him to play a full 4 qtrs. there can't be drop offs, unless klay can carry it as well

cavs got the memo. close out on steph and klay, live with open shots from everyone else. they arent rotating off those guys as often

Last edited:
If Barnes and Livingston even make a third of the shots they took last game, GSW should manage to get the W. They were 1-14 combined :x

Harrison Barnes & Andre Iguodala have been clanging wide open looks the past few games. Draymond also in the last game.

The Warriors have been finding the open man. They're just not converting.

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes & Andre Iguodala have been clanging wide open looks the past few games. Draymond also in the last game.

The Warriors have been finding the open man. They're just not converting.
while true, what i said is true to. go back and watch the games if you can. steph is getting locked up at midcourt. he cant get free to work. and the ball is sticking with him for a long time while he fights to get free of the double team. so even if harrison gets the ball with a couple seconds left and clangs the shot, their offense isnt flowing like usual because steph is getting held up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom