The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron was not terrible in 3 of the first 4 games, though.
no he wasn't terrible. but he certainly wasnt by far the best player on the planet
Terrible by his standards, especially when you juxtapose it to what he did last finals and was able to do in game 5 and 6. He was having a Dallas 2011 flashback, not being impactful, super passive and padding stats at the end to get good looking numbers.
Agreed.

When looking at the first 4 games, though, I think it's unfair to compare them to 5 and 6, because those hadn't happened yet.

Comparing to last Finals, though, yeah, he definitely looked... shook? I don't know. I see Bron different than both his critics and his fans do, and I still saw a freakish basketball player in games 1-4, but despite his abilities, he was just... passive? Like "Ho-hum, we'll be fine. We're the best. They're the suckies. All is well."

Then down 3-1: "Crap. All is not well. I repeat: all is not well." 
laugh.gif

BUT... even despite him being noticably more aggressive, the reason we're at game 7 after the Cavs went down 1-3 isn't because of Lebby.

IMO, it's because of Kyrie.

THAT dude... is HOOPING.

Agreed.

When looking at the first 4 games, though, I think it's unfair to compare them to 5 and 6, because those hadn't happened yet.

Comparing to last Finals, though, yeah, he definitely looked... shook? I don't know. I see Bron different than both his critics and his fans do, and I still saw a freakish basketball player in games 1-4, but despite his abilities, he was just... passive? Like "Ho-hum, we'll be fine. We're the best. They're the suckies. All is well."

Then down 3-1: "Crap. All is not well. I repeat: all is not well." 
laugh.gif

BUT... even despite him being noticably more aggressive, the reason we're at game 7 after the Cavs went down 1-3 isn't because of Lebby.

IMO, it's because of Kyrie.

THAT dude... is HOOPING.
EXACTLY. kyrie was the difference maker. lebron doing what lebron does when hes at his best... but he was doing this last year. the DIFFERENCE is kyrie

lebron wont get fmvp is the cavs lose tmr 

however i think the cavs would win and lebron will become fmvp

doesnt mean this is the outcome i want but this is what most likely to happen

The stake is high for both Lebron and Steph to win with their rep on the line... Gonna be epic as the world watches.. all eyes on them
pimp.gif
east vs west

history vs history

nike vs under armour

mvp vs mvp

you dudes who say lebron aint getting finals mvp if loses are delusional

we talking about a league who gave a whole starting 5 the player of the month award 
laugh.gif
Hawks 
pimp.gif

Is it sunday yet?

Anyway, role players matter. You truly do go as your role players go.

When shaun, hb, iggy, bogut, leandro, were all clicking as theyve done all year they were up 3-1 and looking like the far superior team.

Almost all of them have fell off a cliff since then and as a result the cavs have won and won pretty easily

I believe the warriors to be the better team still, so this is all about them. If their role players are stars in their roles, the cavs still dont have enough to compete.

3's and rebounds. The cavs will no doubt win game 7 however, if they hit enough 3's and TT continues to be a star in his role

Weren't people saying Lebron was washed and "didn't have it anymore" after the game where he did nothing but pass :lol:? Hell, people were saying he was washed two years ago [on here]. The NT jinx never fails.

Also, which one of y'all said Harrison Barnes was "the black Mike Dunleavy" a couple days ago?? I was holding my stomach :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Oh, and I normally wouldnt side with giving a player from a losing team the mvp but this is different, even from last year.

Last year lebron was great, but steph iggy and draymond were fantastic too. They deserved the mvp as much as bron last year plus they won

This year the series goes 7 and unlike last year's final, lebron has been so far and away the best player that you really cant give it to anyone else. Especially if he had another great game sunday.

I think you have to at this point

Weren't people saying Lebron was washed and "didn't have it anymore" after the game where he did nothing but pass :lol:? Hell, people were saying he was washed two years ago [on here]. The NT jinx never fails.

Also, which one of y'all said Harrison Barnes was "the black Mike Dunleavy" a couple days ago?? I was holding my stomach :lol: :lol:

That tide turn be vicious

For as great as lebron is he cant beat an all time great team like the warriors by himself.

He could put up monster numbers and they would still lose if gsw's role players came to play the last two games.

This series would be over already if hb and shaun and co. came to play the last couple of games regardless of what lebron did

Ehh, nba is a spectacle, too much money, gsw will win

makes more sense for the cavs to win business wise

brings back merit to the weak east

lebron is free to leave and everyone is happy

or he stays and it sets up the rubber match next year between warriors and cavs = even more crazy raitings

so yeah...

what exactly does the nba get more for the warriors winning it?

not a damn thing

Ehh, nba is a spectacle, too much money, gsw will win

makes more sense for the cavs to win business wise

brings back merit to the weak east

lebron is free to leave and everyone is happy

or he stays and it sets up the rubber match next year between warriors and cavs = even more crazy raitings

so yeah...

what exactly does the nba get more for the warriors winning it?

not a damn thing
Brings merit to the east? Lol what kind of thinking is that? Business wise it would be better if GS won it, bigger market, and I'm sure the nba would rather have Steph (and to some degree klay) as the face of the NBA than lebron. No one gives a **** about Ohio other than people in Ohio. Lebron days are done.

I think a lot of more of the casual type fans say steph is the best player because he is also more "entertaining" then bron. Add that to his "average" body type and family values makes it easy to put him on that pedestal. I completely disagree that hes the best but hes up there. Bron is clearly just a different animal when he flips the switch. When his mental matches his physical there is not 1 better then him. Real ball fans know this to be fact. Steph is amazing Bron is spectacular

I like Steph's game and he seems like a good dude but pedistal people have put him on is ridiculous.

Lebron got a wife and 2 kids, he has commercials with them but he's never called the great wholesome family man that Steph is. I was listening Lebatard yesterday and he made a great point how Cam Newton was killed for walking out on a press conference while Steph was criticized for acting like a female at the end of game 6 it was light. Steph looks 17 so he gets treated like this innocent little kid. Whether It's when he has bad games or when he does what he did at the end of that game.

And Lebron is still the best player in the game and he's proving it. Steph is the better shooter and thats it. He ain't a better passer, playmaker or defender. You can't be the best player in the game and the other team is treating you like the weak corner back.

Last edited:
Cleveland not having won **** in 50 years

First team to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals

Beating "the greatest team ever" in the finals, in a game 7, as the away team

Outplaying the 2 time reigning MVP, one of which was unanimous, in the finals...

The media needs this story for the summer.

Last edited:

Outplaying the 2 time reigning MVP, one of which was unanimous, in the finals...

Rather hear that than about Curry, 73-9, bandwagoners, etc. Besides, I want Cleveland to win one.

Plenty of stories no matter the outcome though

Last edited:
Brings merit to the east? Lol what kind of thinking is that? Business wise it would be better if GS won it, bigger market, and I'm sure the nba would rather have Steph (and to some degree klay) as the face of the NBA than lebron. No one gives a **** about Ohio other than people in Ohio. Lebron days are done.

you make no sense whatsoever

mods? remove him!

Sounds like the perfect rig job. Lebron should've cried harder to get Steph suspended.

I think a lot of more of the casual type fans say steph is the best player because he is also more "entertaining" then bron. Add that to his "average" body type and family values makes it easy to put him on that pedestal. I completely disagree that hes the best but hes up there. Bron is clearly just a different animal when he flips the switch. When his mental matches his physical there is not 1 better then him. Real ball fans know this to be fact. Steph is amazing Bron is spectacular

I like Steph's game and he seems like a good dude but pedistal people have put him on is ridiculous.

Lebron got a wife and 2 kids, he has commercials with them but he's never called the great wholesome family man that Steph is. I was listening Lebatard yesterday and he made a great point how Cam Newton was killed for walking out on a press conference while Steph was criticized for acting like a female at the end of game 6 it was light. Steph looks 17 so he gets treated like this innocent little kid. Whether It's when he has bad games or when he does what he did at the end of that game.

And Lebron is still the best player in the game and he's proving it. Steph is the better shooter and thats it. He ain't a better passer, playmaker or defender. You can't be the best player in the game and the other team is treating you like the weak corner back.

Speaking of Steph's meltdown at the end,I wonder if Klay reminded him that it's a man's league when he joined up with him after in the locker room :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom