The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah Cleveland did a lot of trapping. That's their MO. They like to force their opponent's bigs to make decisions with the ball at the top of the key.

Worked when it was Bogut. Worked against my Bulls (cuz Noah)...but then when it became primarily Draymond (cuz Warriors took Bogut out of the rotation) the trapping failed.

Then Cleveland decided towards the end of the series not to trap so much anymore cuz Draymond was killing the trap by making the right decisions on 4 on 3 situations and that's when Steph started going off :lol:

Last edited:
Steph_Curry_Mama1.jpg

I have a different definition of trapping a ball screen then. Miami in Lebron's era trapped, that's not what CLE does.

Maybe we can get some more of your great insight of how it is a team game.  Definitely not a Magic Johnson analysis at all......
Actually Magic is anti-team game in his analysis. He routinely blames single players for wins/losses 
laugh.gif

I have a different definition of trapping a ball screen then. Miami in Lebron's era trapped, that's not what CLE does.
I think Cleveland hedges screen but I don't think the trap a whole lot.  I haven't rewatched last years finals at all since it happened so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Draymond post ups are just bait. Just leave him with his "mismatch," and you'll be fine. He's really not going to get anything from it, until you start helping and ball watching

I still don't know why people pick up lebron outside of the three point line.
To slow down his straight line driving opportunities? They aren't picking him up to prevent his from shooting those long stupid jumpers. Well they shouldn't.

You play too far off, and you are letting him get driving momentum to the cup

The oldheads and haters will still find a way to say the Bulls were better because "x, y, z" blah blah

I consider myself an "oldhead" and have seen the 72-10 Bulls during my adolescence. I'm also probably one of the biggest MJ fans out there as well.

This years Warriors team is much better. Don't know if they'd beat the 72-10 Bulls in a 7-game series because like the OKC Thunder, that Bulls team had length and speed at almost every position. But it would be one Hell of a series. Bulls slightly take the edge.

I agree. The way Chris Bosh hedged was a thing of beauty. I honestly can't think of a player better at guarding the PnR than him.

To slow down his straight line driving opportunities? They aren't picking him up to prevent his from shooting those long stupid jumpers. Well they shouldn't.

You play too far off, and you are letting him get driving momentum to the cup
I'm more or less speaking from a standpoint of the half court offense already being set, but it seems to me like teams have the most success when they leave him out there and go under the screens instead of trying to fight through it.

If I recall correctly they did a bunch of trapping last year in the finals.
People forget this, but they did. Curry was OK with it and gave the buckets to the other guys on the team. This is a big reason he didn't end up winning the MVP (Taking nothing away from Iggy's amazing performance of course)

I think Cleveland hedges screen but I don't think the trap a whole lot.  I haven't rewatched last years finals at all since it happened so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

The only reason why I remember it so well was cuz they did the exact same thing to my Bulls. Trapping to get the ball out of Derrick's hands and then forcing Noah of all ppl to make decisions... When I watched the finals through the first 3 games I saw the same **** happening all over again :x

Ok. That's the last time I'll mention my squad, I swear :lol:

Last edited:
comes down to execution in close ball gms. think cavs do better job than okc with lebron running the show, despite how much we knock bran.

interesting to see if cavs will allow one guy to go off and try to stop the others. think that is better than when the everyone is involved. if steph goes for 70, so be it. you can't have steph pouring 35, klay 30, and everyone else contributing

got w's in 6

Last edited:

I'm more or less speaking from a standpoint of the half court offense already being set, but it seems to me like teams have the most success when they leave him out there and go under the screens instead of trying to fight through it.
Yea that is what I was speaking of as well. I wasn't speaking of transition.

In the half court, if you give someone TOO much space, you allow them to get a head of steam which can lead to driving opportunities. So playing off of LeBron might not be the best choice either. 

Arms length distance. Not too far off.

I mean Lebron prefer Tyron lue cos he played with the greats. What did he really do? Carry backpacks for shaq and Kobe?

lebron realized oh they got Luke Walton and Kerr who played with MJ and Kobe, so I'd pick lue eventhough blatt is doing a good job. Pretty much he want to be on that Lakers vibe winning championships

Trying to get blessings. No respect for this punk

Thats why i dont see him as a threat. Although im sure the best way to learn a system is watching it from the bench your whole career. He wont have answers.

I mean Lebron prefer Tyron lue cos he played with the greats. What did he really do? Carry backpacks for shaq and Kobe?

lebron realized oh they got Luke Walton and Kerr who played with MJ and Kobe, so I'd pick lue eventhough blatt is doing a good job. Pretty much he want to be on that Lakers vibe winning championships

The way you connected those dots to find hate for lebron is hilarious.

Yea that is what I was speaking of as well. I wasn't speaking of transition.

In the half court, if you give someone TOO much space, you allow them to get a head of steam which can lead to driving opportunities. So playing off of LeBron might not be the best choice either. 

Arms length distance. Not too far off.
I would agree with this.  It always just seems weird watching people pick up Bron 35 feet away from the hoop when they know he can't shoot, but that makes sense.

Nah, you're looking too deeply into it.

Lue is old enough to share his "wisdom", but still young enough to be friends with him.

LeBron doesn't want to be coached. He wants to coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom