The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

You can kick rocks with that. Warriors were THIS close to being eliminated last round, they are clearly far from invincible. Stop lining up excuses for your daddy Bron Bron. 

His supporting cast is alive and well and more than capable of making something happen this finals against GSW
GSW is a better team. They should win. They are the favorites.

"it would take an all time great performance" like from a team who just set the all time wins record? or a team fresh off winning a conference final when they were down 3-1? where on the scale of golden state to golden state would a team need to fall to stop the cavs?

yooooo i was just thinking this!! LMAO!!! "on a scale of golden state to golden state" :rofl:

GSW is a better team. They should win. They are the favorites.
roll.gif

Broken record up in here

Honestly, I don't see Kevin Love staying on the floor. Who is he going to guard?

I think this will be interesting as well.  It really depends on what lineup the Warriors roll out to start.  If the start with the usual Bogut at center I think he guards him and they stick TT on Green.   I don't think Bogut is that good of a rebounder or post player that he is going to give Love a lot of problems.

I honestly would just take Bogut out of the rotation like they did last finals and force Cleveland to make a decision about Love. I'll live with LeBron eating in the paint as long as he's taking 30 shots to score 30 points.

love wasn't in last finals..

if they take bogut out, I think that allows them to play love/Tristan together (put love on barnes or iggy on offense).. I think you still gotta give the bigs 20-25 collectively

Last edited:
I honestly would just take Bogut out of the rotation like they did last finals and force Cleveland to make a decision about Love. I'll live with LeBron eating in the paint as long as he's taking 30 shots to score 30 points.

Lebron numbers last year are very misleading... He was putting up huge number playing huge minutes. He also shot horribly due to playing too many minutes and with the whole D focusing on him. I remember last year Lebron will start strong and kind of fade off late in the game. A lot of it have to do with fatigue. GS basically benched Bogut, played small and fast and just ran the Cavs off the gym.

Last edited:
love wasn't in last finals..

if they take bogut out, I think that allows them to play love/Tristan together (put love on barnes or iggy on offense).. I think you still gotta give the bigs 20-25 collectively

I know Love wasn't in the finals last yr.

And nah, I don't have confidence on him staying on the floor when GS goes small.

We shall see tonight!

And nah, I don't have confidence on him staying on the floor when GS goes small.

We shall see tonight!

When GS go small they usually go with Curry/Klay/Iggy/Barnes/Dray... Love will definitely guard Iggy. That will be interesting on how GS guards a Kyrie/Smith/Lebron/Love/TT with that small line up.

We shall see tonight!
Realistically if they do go small I could see love guarding Harrison Barnes.  That guy has basically turned into an average set shooter.

This series ain't gonna be as easy as some may think, imo but Golden State all day everyday. We Believe Part II! Let's GET IT!!

Realistically if they do go small I could see love guarding Harrison Barnes.  That guy has basically turned into an average set shooter.

That would mean LeBron guard Green. Really interesting to see how Green handles that. Does he still move around and try to tire Bron out? Does this create the mismatch of Green on Kyrie/Delly or Smith?

Last edited:
This series ain't gonna be as easy as some may think, imo but Golden State all day everyday. We Believe Part II! Let's GET IT!!

Either team can come out flat tonight... GS tired after a brutal 7 game series with OKC or Cavs with the long lay off and opening on the road in a hostile environment.

That would mean LeBron guard Green. Really interesting to see how Green handles that. Does he still move around and try to tire Bron out? Does this create the mismatch on Green on Kyrie or Smith?
nah.. Tristan would guard green if warriors go curry/klay/iggy/barnes/dray (or if they have Livingston in there)

That would mean LeBron guard Green. Really interesting to see how Green handles that. Does he still move around and try to tire Bron out? Does this create the mismatch of Green on Kyrie/Delly or Smith?
I think TT moves well enough he could stay with Green.  He will get beat off the dribble some, but I don't think there is a huge disparity there.  I think Lebron will take turns switching on Klay/Iggy/Barnes.

Don't let manup's response right above you fool you.

Read through the thread yourself and come back and honestly tell me that the effort has been to make sure there is no Lebby slander at all.

#stahpit

:lol:

Cavs go down 2-0 or even 3-0, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep all the Lebby slander out, and there would also be no effort to even accomplish that task.

But there WOULD be an effort to allow people a place to actually discuss the NBA Finals and what is going right for the Warriors and what is going wrong for the Cavs. And those that think, "What would be going wrong for the Cavs would be having Lebron James on their team" would be ushered out, because that's BS.

Agreed. The playoff thread has actually been good, especially during the OKC/Warriors matchup cause dudes were actually talking ball. You'd still get slander here and there but it wasn't on some troll status which you KNOW certain folks are just here to do.

nah.. Tristan would guard green if warriors go curry/klay/iggy/barnes/dray (or if they have Livingston in there)

With that line up you force Iggy/Barnes/Dray to beat you... See if they can make jumpers consistently all game long. If they do you just have to tip your hat. Green has been struggling lately. I'll pretty much leave him open out in the perimeter and see if he can knock down 2 threes in a row.

Last edited:

That actually would be a good strategy, imo, for the Cavs. Love can't defend and Barnes can't score so that works out perfect for them.

I see mentions of Trstan Thompson being agile enough to guard Green in here. I guess I always took him for being somewhat slow so I hope i'm not overlooking his abilities.

With that line up you force Iggy/Barnes/Dray to beat you... See if they can make jumpers consistently all game long. If they do you just have to tip your hat. Green has been struggline lately. I'll pretty much leave him open out in the perimeter and see if he can knock down 2 threes in a row.

If Green starts to hit 3's, I don't see how Clev keeps the defense up.

There is a possibility of Green going cold this Finals. If this does happen, it makes things a LOT easier for Clev and they could win the series that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom