The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually would be a good strategy, imo, for the Cavs. Love can't defend and Barnes can't score so that works out perfect for them.

I see mentions of Trstan Thompson being agile enough to guard Green in here. I guess I always took him for being somewhat slow so I hope i'm not overlooking his abilities.
He will no doubt get beat of the dribble, but I don't think it is going to be to a point that it causes a bunch of mismatches.  I think if Golden State goes small we are going to see different cross matchups at almost every position. 

I think this will be interesting as well.  It really depends on what lineup the Warriors roll out to start.  If the start with the usual Bogut at center I think he guards him and they stick TT on Green.   I don't think Bogut is that good of a rebounder or post player that he is going to give Love a lot of problems.

Not that simple. Bogut hangs around the rim. Love guarding him means that he's the rim protector and Thompson (better shot blocker) is on the perimeter guarding Green or switching out onto guards. GS attacks the rim way more than they're given credit for.

Don't think Love has a good option on defense :lol:

If Green starts to hit 3's, I don't see how Clev keeps the defense up.

There is a possibility of Green going cold this Finals. If this does happen, it makes things a LOT easier for Clev and they could win the series that way.

Cavs have to pick their poison. Out of the 3, I will choose Green to beat me... Also with Iggy on the floor. They can try it out for a game and see if it works then adjust the next game.

Last edited:
imo the OKC series showed that the best move is to not to put a big on draymond lol

Last edited:
Cavs have to pick their poison. Out of the 3, I will choose Green to beat me... Also with Iggy on the floor. They can try it out for a game and see if it works then adjust the next game.

They dont have the defense to force Green to beat them.

As long as Love or Kyrie is on the floor, Steph PnR with whoever Love is guarding will be a bucket every time.

imo the OKC series showed that the best move is to not to put a big on draymond lol
Only thing that match up proved is a big needs to wear a cup to guard him
laugh.gif

Roberson is the same height or slightly taller than green (and he's long).. KD is 6'11.. ibaka 6'10.. adams 7'0

waiters has weight to him.. and russ is one of the best athletes in the game (if not the best)

draymond usually just bullies smaller guys when teams switch on picks (and bigs are forced to chase smaller guys they have no hope of keeping up with).. kyrie and JR would get bullied

cavs have to hope love at least puts up a fight when green gets switched on to him

Last edited:
Lebron numbers last year are very misleading... He was putting up huge number playing huge minutes. He also shot horribly due to playing too many minutes and with the whole D focusing on him. I remember last year Lebron will start strong and kind of fade off late in the game. A lot of it have to do with fatigue. GS basically benched Bogut, played small and fast and just ran the Cavs off the gym.

according to these guys if you say anything about those numbers last year you are a hater.

Roberson is the same height or slightly taller than green (and he's long).. KD is 6'11.. ibaka 6'10.. adams 7'0

waiters has weight to him.. and russ is one of the best athletes in the game (if not the best)

draymond usually just bullies smaller guys when teams switch on picks (and bigs are forced to chase smaller guys they have no hope of keeping up with).. kyrie and JR would get bullied

cavs have to hope love at least puts up a fight when green gets switched on to him

i thought that green had more trouble when KD and waiters guarded him so imo lebron would be the best match up against green if he plays D

Whoever Love is guarding, make that man set a pick...
I think we are going to see a lot of trapping this series if they try this.  If Love is on Bogut that give Love some time to trap before he needs to release back to his man.  Bogut isn't fast enough to make him pay.  

I don't think the Cavs try to switch everything like OKC.  If I recall correctly they did a bunch of trapping last year in the finals.

i thought that green had more trouble when KD and waiters guarded him so imo lebron would be the best match up against green if he plays D
it's not that simple.. ideally you would have LeBron free to roam a bit cause you need him to help out on klay and steph (or straight up be the primary defender).. but you gotta have a plan for when they screen everythign

cause you cant have Tristan and/or love trying to guard of chase steph and/or klay (cause neither is as athletic as ibaka/adams.. and I assume you saw how that worked out)

Last edited:
Last series pretty much showed that little guys can get away with all sorts of contact down low.

Love on Iggy spells disaster, because he can actually hit an open jumper or slash when needed.

They dont have the defense to force Green to beat them.

As long as Love or Kyrie is on the floor, Steph PnR with whoever Love is guarding will be a bucket every time.

Usually that Green/Curry PnR set has been GOLD for the last 2 seasons now

Lmao, if they put Love on Barnes and Barnes STILL can't produce...

Going to hurt HB's stock wild

HB will need to step up big time, because they're going to throw the worst defender on him. Barnes will need to basically out run/work whoever is on him.

This is basically what I've been saying since Monday night :lol:

I think we are going to see a lot of trapping this series if they try this.  If Love is on Bogut that give Love some time to trap before he needs to release back to his man.  Bogut isn't fast enough to make him pay.  

I don't think the Cavs try to switch everything like OKC.  If I recall correctly they did a bunch of trapping last year in the finals.

Correct. Love and TT will hedge HARD this series and hope whoever is the ball handler gets thrown off course and has enough time to get back.

If memory serves me correctly, both Love and TT are decent at recovering back to their man after a hard hedge. TT especially.

Cleveland did A LOT of trapping last finals and it worked up until GS took Bogut out of the rotation...

Well Cavs will have to try something different... They can't play GS straight up. Can't switch a big on Curry or he will eat both Love/TT alive... They better hope Curry or Klay have an off series..

Well Cavs will have to try something different... They can't play GS straight up. Can't switch a big on Curry or he will eat both Love/TT alive... They better hope Curry or Klay have an off series..

Curry will be on. Not sure about Klay although he had a great WCF

Why do they need to hope? Because OKC choked away a series that they had multiple chances to put away? OKC didn't play smart basketball and did fairly well.

i really hope that the dubs put out a 73-9 ".... don't mean a thing without the ring" shirt after the cavs get swept.

i really hope that the dubs put out a 73-9 ".... don't mean a thing without the ring" shirt after the cavs get swept.

The oldheads and haters will still find a way to say the Bulls were better because "x, y, z" blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom